Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
wind in ixia
14 Posts
You'll be grateful for the breeze in Ixia if you are there in August. It's not much more than a breeze.

parky
Ok..Thanks..Thought i was going to get blown away :lol:
You will get blown away by Rhodes.

It's magic!!!

:sun :sun :sun
It can get quite fierce in August but as Parky says you will be VERY grateful of it :sun
Best to avoid the beach and stick by the pool on the worst days unless you like being sandblasted!
Hi everybody. Any news about the meltemi? They say every year is different. A friend came last week from ixia and she said she had to dig his feet in the beach not to be blown away. I hope at the end of august meltemi will be not so strong.
Hi
Going to Ixia in August what is meltemi
Cheers
Anne
Meltemi is the wind that blows in Rhodes, specially in ixia.
Thanks for information
Cheers
Anne
The 'meltemi' is a North or North Westerly wind that affects all the Aegean islands, peaks in July/August but is present on most days, this affects the NW coast resorts of Rodos, one of which is Ixia. Useful to cool it down but does make for a rough sea.
Thanks for the information
Cheers
Anne
We are going to Ixia in two weks..Don't like the sound of this meltemi.Is it really that bad :cry:
We came back from Rhodes recently but stayed around the other side of the island in Kalithea, but we did notice and comment when driving from the airport and back to the airport, as we drove through Ixia, just how rough and choppy the sea was in Ixia, mind you, it's was so hot out there, that you'll be glad for a breeze.
Don't worry Julie - if you're going in the next two weeks you'll be more than glad of it!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.