Holiday Truths Forum

It is currently Oct 25th, '14, 19:00

Wind in January

Author     Message
 Post subject: Re: Wind in January
PostPosted: Dec 3rd, '12, 14:32 
i have been to lanzarote the last few years in march, it has been windy every time i have been, during the day wasnt so bad but it made the evenings quite chilly.i stay in PDC. playa blanca might be more protected from the wind
tenerife i have been several times the last time was christmas a few years back, it was still breezy there but in the sun not so much of a problem.
gran canaria i have been several times feb/march staying at palya del ingles it was definitely the warmest and less windy of the other islands.
whichever island you choose it will be a whole lot warmer than here in the uk though.

PostPosted: Dec 4th, '12, 13:46 
I've stayed in all the three main resorts. Costa Teguise is the windiest. I've stayed in Playa Blanca for years and never noticed a lot of wind in the winter. Obviously it's cooler at night in winter as temperatures drop, but IME I've usually found the wind drops as well. The island gets spells of windy weather, as does everywhere else. Playa Blanca does have it's own little micro climate and tends to be a couple of degrees warmer than the other resorts.

PostPosted: Dec 4th, '12, 20:30 
Latest Holiday Review:
Riviera Hotel
When we went to Lanzarote it was in April.
We got sand blasted on the beach in the North of the Island but on the same day Playa Blanca was lovely and warm and hardy any wind. :tup

PostPosted: Dec 4th, '12, 21:09 
Lanzarote is known as the windy island, so there are very few months when you will get no wind! Sept and Oct are about the only months where it isn't windy. As others have said, it depends where you're staying, but definitely Playa Blanca will be the least windy.

Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ]