General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Sagres wrote:
Until 6:00pm today, Ladbrokes were quoting 250/1 that the word 'Gatwick' wouldn't feature at all, let alone twice, in a thread entitled 'World's ten most beautiful airports'!... I could've cleaned up and paid for a month in St. Lucia ! ... As they say up North, 'There's nowt as queer as folk !!' :D :D

Got to say my missus was a bit taken back when I told her she was lucky to work in such a beautiful place , don't think she was quite as enthusiastic as doe and miss pink ! ( BTW miss pink try the no1 traveller lounge in the north ). They have spent a lot of money improving it , and it's much better , a bit more space and a bit easier on the eye , but not stunning or beautiful , I think more functional is what they've achieved .
When we arrived at Dubai last year I found that very impressive and thought WOW , I told the missus that her bosses should have taken a look at that if they wanted ideas on making their airport stand out
I was also impressed with Munich airport , they had a covered outdoor link between the two terminals and gatwick could perhaps have done something like this to have created more space and be ready for in advance if they get a second runway in 2019.

We're flying from T5 in November and I'm looking forward to seeing that , but if I have to make a choice of the most beautiful airport I've been through it would be Male in the Maldives and the speedboat transfer was a great way of getting to your resort .
I agree that the major hubs like Changi and Dubai are impressive and I wish that people would think like that about Heathrow which is so important in international terms yet mucked around and left in limbo by our pointless politicians. I like the idea of boris island and it's very forward thinking but the problem is it won't be spectacular like Changi or Dubai , what we would want is something like M&S quality but you know we'd end up with something resembling primark
Heathrow- only like it when I'm a reward flight and I am in the Concorde Lounge sipping my champage :D Gatwick- no thanks
Fiona wrote:
Heathrow- only like it when I'm a reward flight and I am in the Concorde Lounge sipping my champage :D

Oo la laa very swish :cheers
well I just have to force myself Glynis- its a tough life :rofl Get saving with the BA miles and you can do the same ;)
Fiona, is the concorde lounge the first class one ? Were flying club at 9pm on an overnight flight so it would be nice to have a meal and drinks in the lounge , and then a few drinks on the plane before a nice sleep , we paid economy price and used points to upgrade , We were able to use the emirates lounge at gatwick last year and it was really nice in there also got chauffeur transfers to and from gatwick for free which meant we could take full advantage on the on board bar as one of us didn't have to drive
Fiona wrote:
well I just have to force myself Glynis- its a tough life :rofl Get saving with the BA miles and you can do the same ;)

Fi we only do short haul, hubby doesn't like long flights :(

As we use budget airlines due to short haul - no chance of me accumulating any air-miles (do get my Jet2 points though :rofl )

Maybe one year will go long haul - but it'll be with the 'girls' :tup
Andy

The Concorde Room if that is the lounge Fiona is referring to is 1st class, I believe if my memory serves me right the Club Class lounge is the Galleries Lounge.
Judith wrote:
Andy

The Concorde Room if that is the lounge Fiona is referring to is 1st class, I believe if my memory serves me right the Club Class lounge is the Galleries Lounge.

Oh guess I'll just have to slum it :D :D I do know someone who works for BA at Heathrow, she comes in my shop , looks like I'll have to chat her up for a freebie :rofl Probably more likely to be thrown back in to economy ;)
come on Andy- I know you do frequent flyer cards ;)
  • Edited by Fiona 2012-06-25 19:07:04
I can't say i've been lucky enough to travel through any beautiful aiports ..The best I can do is say that some have been a lot worse than others . Im usually way too stressed and uptight to even care about my surroundings but some of you have provided a good laugh with my porridge this morning Geoff . .
:D
I think the best airport is the one I am waiting at for a plane to take me away for my holiday :cheers
lynwestie wrote:
I can't say i've been lucky enough to travel through any beautiful aiports ..The best I can do is say that some have been a lot worse than others . Im usually way too stressed and uptight to even care about my surroundings but some of you have provided a good laugh with my porridge this morning Geoff . .
:D

I hope it was me as well Lyn? Every time I realise I posted Gatwick on a worlds most beautiful airport thread I burst out laughing :rofl must have been the sat night vino.

Quite like the thought that the most beautiful one is the one you are sitting in on your outbound journey though shrimper.

:sun2
Any airport that provides a smoking area, is a beautiful airport. :D
Honolulu airport is lovely, alot of it is open sided so you get the lovely breeze blowing through. It also has a garden area to wander around.
My wife received a lei when we arrived. The staff were also very polite, which makes a nice change :tup
Definately Changi for us. Not only a fabulous airport in its own right but made even better because we're on our way to Oz or NZ !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.