All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
Hi Lee,
Welcome onboard. I also had a major fear of flying but have started to manage mine now with the help of a hypnosis CD off Ebay. It only cost a few pounds and helped me enormously.
As far as flying to Dom Rep, you will love it. It is one of my favourite places I have visited twice, the first time I went we visited the East Coast and the second time we went to the North. They are both stunning and the people are very friendly.
Thanks for the sensible, reply I have flown several times and own a home in Florida, so the long flights have been done before, I have several books and dvd course. I do relaxation techniques but can not seem to shake this nervousess on flights. It seems a different thought pops into my head each time I fly.

I relation to DR i have read so many different reports, we are staying at the Grand Marien in Puerto Plata.
We stayed at the Iberostar Costa Dorada and i think your hotel was next to ours. The beach was lovely, but rocky as you entered in places, so water shoes were handy. Not too far from airport and close to shopping complex (nice walk up the beach). Enjoy your holiday x
Welcome to the forums :tup

You could try Bachs Rescue Remedy if you haven't already tried it.

http://www.bachflower.com/rescue-remedy-information/

Boots sell it :tup probably pastilles maybe best so that you can take them on the plane with you.
hi lee if you are really bad have you thought of getting something from your doctor my friend is a bad flyer but loves going away she gets something to help her and she is fine I know a lot of people don't like taking medication but you don't want to spend your time worrying about the flight you will be fine you go and have a fab holiday :cheers
i stayed at the iberostar costa dorada in february, the Be Lve Grand Meridean as dinner-lady says is just next door.
we had a great holiday i really enjoyed dominican republic.
the flight we upgraded to premium for the extras that were included more legroom, extra entertainment channels. free drinks, we spent a few hours playing the inflight entertainment games including who wants to be a millionaire lol. there seemed to be plenty of film choices.
my OH used to be a very nervous flyer and did at one time get tablets from the doctor, although still not happy flying now copes better.
from your hotel you can stroll along the beach passing the orange market where the local people sell tourist souvenirs, to the playa dorada complex (its around a 30 min stroll), a small shopping centre or its short taxi drive
we booked our excursions with james who is based in the playa dorada complex he is a lot cheaper than the hotel or tour operators https://sites.google.com/site/toursbyjames/home-1
we did the buggie rides. horse riding,hired a taxi to go to sosua a lovely beach and good for snorkeling. the monkey jungle always seems to be highly recommended but unfortunatly we didnt have time to fit the trip in, maybe next time though
Thanks for the info re DR little worried about the resort as it appears to have changed from a Hilton owned to several other owners, a few poor reviews.
lee it does not matter which hotel you go too or which site you get the reviews from you will always get people moaning about something it happened to us in mexico the hotel we went to had some bad reports not by the English we got there thinking what had we done it was one of the best hotels we had stayed in so much so we went back 2 years later just go and make your own mind up have a fab time :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.