Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Contact Ros Fernihough on 01922 62114.She is a travel solicitor and gives free impartial advice.You will probably speak to her secretary on this number and she will advise you how to proceed further.
Oh dear this is indeed a dire situation and really bad form from FC. Definitely speak to Ros tomorrow.
I think i would have paid the transfer fee had the holiday at the 4* hotel and argued about reclaiming the money when i got back home.

What i cannot understand is that the compensation they offered you was more than the transfer fee :think So why did they not just pay for it. You would have been in a higher star hotel than you first booked and you may have been made a little bit happier with the situation, and that amount of money is a drop in the ocean to a large company like that.
I think i would have paid the transfer fee had the holiday at the 4* hotel and argued about reclaiming the money when i got back home

I don't know why FC are still charging transfer fees they know it is illegal to do so, I took them to court many other issues but they were informed that charging clients transfer fees is a breach os section {cannot remember which} of the holiday charter or something like that. Nearly 3 years later they are still charging for transfers yet they know they will be come a cropper in court for dong so :que

chazy
Don't think its against any rules to charge for transfers.
All TO do it.

If you didn't pay for a coach transfer you would have to pay for a Taxi.
You have the choice not to take the transfers at the time of booking.
It's not about normal transfers on an ordinary booking.

It's about having to pay for your transfer when the hotel and resort you booked in to are full and you are bumped by your TO to one miles away in another resort.

As Chazy says in these instances the courts have found this charge to be unlawful.

St George, Please ring Ros the travel solicitor who has helped many of us on this site 01922 62114.
Thanks for the replies,
keep em coming. Just for info the reason we did not offer to pay the transfer fee was beacuse, apart from the fact that we were told at airport we did not have to, we were All Inc. and so only took 100 Euros for the week. The rep in resort was made fully aware of our limited funds. It is a little strange that FC have been reluctant to reply but this morning (after posting the story here last night) they e mailed me asking for the original envelope with the franking mark. Dont know if it is a good idea to send, do you? They also said they had noted that I had been intouch with ABTA but did not comment further, just want the envelope for further investigation.
st George
You should not send original documentation.That is YOUR evidence.

fwh
Regarding the envelope, I have already sent PDF copies showing the front and the back including the franking date
Do not, under any circumstances, send them any original documents (including the envelope). If the envelope happened to be "lost" by FC then it would damage your case against them. They do not need the original envelope because you already sent them copies of it.
Take a photo of it! Tell them there's no way in hell you'll be sending them the original envelope as it WILL be your proof in court!
If you have a TO which deals with FC near to you, tell them you will take the envelope there and show the manager the proof ;) If you have sent a p/c I don't see any reason they would need to have the original, which of course could easily be lost. Ros should def be able to help.
The fact that they are trying to get hold of the original envelope with the date franked on it seems very suspicious and implies they know they are in the wrong.

Tell them you have been advised by a solicitor not to let go of this as it will beused as part of your case against them.

Doe
Yes I agree . that should get a response but send them a copy so they know your telling the truth ;)

lyn
in my personal experience, booking anything after early october to menorca is going to leave a very quiet time allround. Was in Cala'N Bosch in the last days of sept/early oct and things were really closing & slowing down then. Whilst companies may offer hotels, I find it's useful to do some resort research and book accordingly then.
With regards to the franked date on the envelope....

When was the postal strike in UK? I seem to recall it was possibly the beginning of October/ish, which may be why FC want the evidence too....
But why would they want the original, surely a photocopy would suffice? The date would be the same.
The postal strike in the UK was from Friday 5th from 3pm until Wednesday 10th midnight.I know this because I posted my granddaughters birthday present on the Friday and the counter assistant warned me about the strike.She received her present on the 11th her birthday.
I would phone Ros Fernihough as a similar thing happened to me 2 years ago.The company sent me a voucher for £80 to use off another holiday.Thanks to Ros I got my money back. :D
Hi all, I don't know if this is any help, but I work in an office and in regards to franked mail, the date is the date in which the company post the mail out, and nothing to do with the strike etc, if the letter was dated 5th and envelope franked 17th, it has taken FC 12 days to get through their internal post system - not good at all - they need to do something about this.

I had a holiday years ago with FC which they first started and was stupid enough that when we made complaints both in resort and back home, I sent in original evidence and never received anything other than the usual standard reply and at the time TA told me there was nothing more I could do. At least I know different now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.