Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Steve,

I've spent Christmas in Turkey when I lived out there through the winter and being a Muslim country they don't celebrate Christmas. But many of the British-owned restaurants who remain open in the winter normally lay on a Christmas dinner.

They do decorate many of the bars/restaurants with decorations as they like to do that for their New Year celebrations. It depends on which resort you're thinking of going to, but most of them are closed in the winter due to the unsettled weather. Antalya is the best place to go to at that time if you want some sunshine - but even there it isn't always guaranteed. But it will definitely be warmer and drier than the west coast resorts.

It all depends on what you want. If it's sunshine, then Antalya is your best bet, but if you're looking for a Christmassy type holiday then Turkey doesn't really offer that.

Incidentaly, North Cyprus (the Turkish side) has the best weather of all at that time of year. Well worth looking into if it's sunshine you're after.

Strawberry
:) Thanks for that Strawberry what a lovely name, I am going to marmaris in July, the weather is better then yes?
we have been to turkey a few times over xmas and the temp was around 15-18 , some sunny days , some overcast, you can be lucky to have a really lovely day to sit on the beach but it does get freezing at night and winter coats are needed. but certainly warmer than the uk. we have enjoyed our hols over xmas and new year to marmaris , its much quieter and the old town area is only open, which i prefer
Might as well ask my question here rather than starting another topic.

I was also thinking of Turkey for Christmas/New year if we can get a good price.

Was thinking of Alanya, anyone know what it would be like. There was a couple there last Summer who said they go every Christmas so it cant be too bad.
its always nicer down there that time of year :sun2
Hi Steve
We are going for 2 weeks to the 5 star Barut Lara for our first holiday to turkey at christmas. The Antalya region gets the better weather out of season, we go usually at easter and come back lovely and brown. Going sunday for 2 weeks for some much needed sunshine!!
Last xmas the weather I am told was lovely and people were sun bathing but it is hit and miss. If you choose a good hotel with a decent all-inclusive package it sure beats being stuck in the Uk!! We have a junior suite booked with 24 hour all-inclusive and room sevice and loads of perks and it will be fantastic.The hotels have heated indoor pools and the Barut has a climatised outdoor pool for winter!! It has a mini cinema, night club and al a cartes restaurants.We will have gala dinner xmas and new year for a fraction of the price of say the canaries!
A word of advice though, the flights are filling up, the Gatwick flight with Thomas cook has been full for a 2 week stay for a couple of months and our manchester flight does not have 2 weeks available now either!! if you decide to go I would say book now!! First choice still have 2 week holidays available!! The 23rd december gives you xmas and new year there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.