General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
ask the travel agent, my friends daughter was 17 when she booked her holiday and all the agent said was that it had to paid in full at time of booking , which she did and had no problems at all.
That makes sense....They are going in June so will be paying off the whole balance at the time of booking so hopefully it will be okay. Thanks.
hi

my daughter and 2 of her mates went to turkey all of them were 17, what i found was most of the uk TO wouldnt allow them to fly without 1 of them being 18, but the turkish airlines were fine all i had to do was send confirmation from all the parents inc myself saying we were allowing the girls to fly. good luck
I think the problem maybe that you are supposed to be 18 to enter into a contract, so some T/O's will be cautious.
I was present when my daughter and friends booked (under 18) and the other girls had to have written permission from their friends. I was more or less accepting the responsibility of them paying on time etc.

Daughter was 18 by the time they flew though.
Hi my daughter is 17 and her friend is 16, they have just booked flights with excel and hotel with med hotels. flight and hotel booked separatly. They didnt have a problem booking and paying and are off to Tunisia 16th may.
Most tour operators say they need a letter of consent for flying though from a parent.
Thanks for all your replies...I've managed to sort it with Travelcare, I have to book for them and the other lads who are going need to have letters of consent from their parents too.
Please can anyone tell me if it is possible for my 17 year old daughter and her friends to book a holiday abroad. I tried but Airtours said the lead person needs to be at least 18. Is this the case for all holidays abroad ?
Thanks.
I believe so, something to do with the legality of the contract :wink:

Pippy :D
:D Is this a new thing then?, I remember years ago (and I mean ,years ago :D ), when I was 17, and cousin was 16 we booked to go to salou, no probs! BBB
this has been discussed before, maybe one of the mods can find you a link.
Thanks. Merged :wink:

Pippy :D
NickK

How about if they make a DIY booking? ie flights and hotel and taxi seperately. I would imagine you can do that from the age of sixteen. It is probably something to do with Tour Operator and Travel Agents regulations that make it 18. Might be cheaper for them as well.

Possible downside is they wont have access to a rep should they need one and may have ATOL cover but not ABTA.

Doe :)
You would stil need to check that the hotel accepted bookings from under 18's. I know that in the US most hotels require you to be 21 to book a hotel room although some will accept booking from 18 year olds.

luci :wave
Sorry Luci, I didn't think of that problem when I recommened DIY. :oops:
Doe
My son and his friends have just come back from a fab week in Zante with 18 - 30's. They are all 17. They each had to have a letter of consent from their parents and I went along and signed a consent form in the travel agents. They booked through Travelcare, no problems!
The sensible approach is always to have a written permission from parents/guardians.

It might be possible to book direct but that does not guarantee that they will be allowed to travel. Airline rules can be applied at the airport, or, that once there (particularly if booking is made direct with the accommodation) they will not have a problem.

Just as with the postings we keep getting about time left on a passport. It is not a case of what we think. Rules are there for a purpose. It is only when things go wrong that people ask why they were not applied and so prevented the problem.

fwh
I am currently looking for a holiday for me and a few pals. i left school this this year and am 16 at present. i started an apprenticeship and so did a few mates. we are trying to find a holiday for next September by which we will all be 17 bar one of us who would be 16 i think. but we ain't sure if he's coming anyway.

is there any companies that do package deals for people like us? we need flights and transfer from the airport etc. and are looking for a holiday somewhere in Crete perhaps, we don't want clubs we just want a beach and a pool and a bar open till late(just for a quiet drink) for the 1st weekend in September-ish. we ain't looking to cause trouble and be drunks all time. just a relaxing time after our 1st year at work. any help in the right directions would be appreciated.

thanks mike :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.