Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sounds interesting - I've just checked this out on Kindle and it's £5.49. I've requested the free sample so will let you know if I decide to pay the fee and get the rest!
This is actually quite an old book,I read it several years ago,But yes you are right,it is a very good read. I still have my copy(just looked it out again!!) and I may even read it again now.
I bought it for my kindle, and I have been walking around all week with it in my handbag, I haven't been able to stop reading the book, I was even sat on the loo one day reading it, you will enjoy it.
I am swithering about buying as well-not used to actually paying for a kindle book :rofl
What was he in prison for?
just to add, under the book in Amazon in the section people who viewed this also viewed, there was
Goa Traffic
It's fiction but the author has lived in Goa
Fiona can send you a copy of Shantram by email if you want I have an unlocked copy
I didn't like the Goa traffic book, so I returned it for a refund. He was in prison in Australia, because he was a heroin addict and he committed an armed robbery and was sentenced to 12 years, he was also in prison in Mumbai, which was interesting, and where he worked as a slum doctor was also very informative, there is a lot of information in the book, stuff which I have never known about.
I think I got Goa Traffic when it was free and although I read it all I didn't really enjoy it
He has certainly had a packed life.
Wasn't sure about Goa Traffic. Thought I could suffer a weak plot if the Goa descriptions were good. Think I wont bother. Thanks both- have pmd you julie :)
Shantaram is available as a free download on kickasstorrents.com in epub and mobi format ;)

While I've typed this, it's already downloaded and on my pc hard drive waiting to be transferred to my Kindle!

Thanks for the heads up.
I wish that I could still use kickasstorrents.com but virgin media is blocking any access to it, they put a notice up stating that they have been ordered by the high courts to block access. It is annoying.
cyprus100 wrote:
Shantaram is available as a free download on kickasstorrents.com in epub and mobi format ;)

While I've typed this, it's already downloaded and on my pc hard drive waiting to be transferred to my Kindle!

Thanks for the heads up.

Oh I have just noticed where you are, that is why you can get it.
gayleanne

Can you get on piratebay? It's on there too...
I didn't know bout that one, it is letting me go on there so I will have a look. Thanks
Just ordered the paperback from Amazon, will probably leave in Ram's library at the Carvery when I have read it, so anyone there after January can pick it up.
Like others have said its an old book but a good read.
We googled the author after reading the book and were surprised at his appearance
Just goes to show you should never judge a book by its cover. :-)
Yeah I have googled too, he looks like an aged hippy, there are some good photos with him in Leopolds though.
Gayleanne I use this site no probs with virgin also if I do it on my iPhone or iPad they open in IBooks. Some titled or available in .mobi for the kindle but if not I convert them using calibre http://tuebl.ca/browse
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.