Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Zakinthos
6 Posts
I'm presuming you'll dock in Zante town. The nearest resorts, apart from Zante itself, will be Kalamaki and Argassi. Laganas is famed for it's loggerhead turtles, but I'm not sure what month is the best to see them. Smugglers cove is a decent trip to see a shipwreck, but only go if the sea is like a millpond. That's all I can thik of at the moment.
Helen, it is a start. Thank you.
It really depends how long you have in Zante.

Best bet is Zante town, and maybe if you have time, the shipwreck.

You may get a more informed response if you post in the cruise section.
At a guess we will be there from about 8am to 5pm. I had thought about posting this in the cruise section, but thought that members who had stayed there for more than a day would know more about the place and what there was to do.
To be honest if you are only there for the day i would get a taxi from the harbour and head up to bochali, the views over the town are fantastic, there is a couple of cafes up there, a church and a monastery. Its easy enough to walk back down in to zante town too and have a wander through the streets and do a bit of shopping, not really worth visiting any other resorts in such a short space of time
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.