Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Do you know what resort you are staying in, I presuming if its 18-30 that it will be Laganas.

The weather should be hot, the evenings will be hot too! I very much doubt you will need trousers or a hoody and if you do you will have been very unlucky with the weather.

Most Greek accommodation if fairly basic, it is very cheap to eat out in Zante, however, if you want things like ceral in the morning and a cuppa it is probably cheaper to take a box of ceral and some teabags with you. You can of course buy these in resort but they will be expensive.

You will find banks and cash machines in resort. We always take sterling travellers cheques for safety which you can change in any supermarket for a good rate. We also take some sterling in cash and our cash card.

Make sure you hire a safe to keep your passport, tickets and money in.

Let us know what your resort is and what your accommodation is and we maybe able to help you further.

Have a good holiday

Sarah
never used travellers checks in my life. we take sterling cash and change in resort [we always have some evro's left over from previous holidays to see us through the first day] and if necessary back it up with debit card [cash card]

DO please get a safe for your passports and valuables
only take out enough each night for what you need [theft is not big in Greece but you could loose it]

CARRY photo ID you may be asked for this when changing money/buying booz or fags

Fore safety sake do not hire mopeds/tricycles/quads

check fully your travel insurance many will be invalid if you are injured whilst under the influence of alcohol

wizard
Hi

I've never been asked for photo id when buying booze/fagsin zante is this a new thing? Ive seen people under 18 buying them too?
no it is the law but we all know the greeks..what law????? they are sopose to make sure that they do not sell booz and fags to any one under age, we have been asked for photo id when making purchases on plastic several times around greece, i use my photo licence and OH her bus pass
both have been accepted
hello,

My daughter and her 13 friends are going club 18-30 to Lagnas on 13th July.

Do Club 18-30 organise trips or anything, and if so, how much should they budget for. My daughter is taking about £300 for the week, will this be enough?

I've told her about the advice for taking cereals and tea bags, but any other comments will be gratefully received.

Thank You
Jane
i dont know about trips but if on form ther will be organised bar crawls every night,
hey,

yeh we are staying in laganas in the fantasy resort hotel, any idea what thats like? and yeah we'l definitely get a safe 4 our passports! yeh i doubt i'l need trousers or wateva, looking at the weather forecast its been up to 45 degrees in greece!

sarah
Thanks.

I'm sure they won't feel like going on trips then :glynis :wink:

Jane
i was in zante last summer and a lot of the english owned bars were asking for id
apparently the ploice are getting very strict on underage drinking
How many times did you get asked, Pat? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wendy
just came bak to hot to sit in lol and night time is lovely
wouldnt say £300 would be enough for 1 week - i went to Lagana about 4 years ago went outon the lash 4 times and done 1 boat trip and spent £500 quid - was sooo expensive. Two vodka and cokes were 10 euros on main strip where bars are and it was watered down at that. money just went no where. I would defo say take at least £400 min
I went to Laganas 2 years ago and for a 2 week apartment holiday which was eating out for all meals and drinking in the evening I guess I took about £500. (Also for the odd trip and then a few treats for myself in duty free on the way home).

Some bars are more expensive for drinks and with my girly friends we found it more amusing to go to the cocktails for 2 euros and 2 for 1s and happy hours etc. The more clubby places rather than bars were like home being much more expensive for drinks but by the time we got there I just wanted water as I could not consume any more alchohol!

Just remember that whatever you (or your daughter) take you will spend, so £300 is £42 per day on a weeks holiday.........
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.