Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
FOR ATM see the ATM thread in the general enquiries forum page one has the links to the ATM finders

wizard
Hi there,

Firstly, there are ATMs, I have only every stayed in Laganas, however they can run out of cash so I have heard. There are Banks in Zakynthos Town, so I assume there would be more there. But I wouldn't rely on using ATMs as your only source of cash.

It is still really warm in September, although it can get quite cool at night time so I would take something to coverup with. I actually got a realy great tan in Setember (better than July/August) because it was more bareable.

There is a waterpark on Zante, although I have never been so can't comment.

Theres also a trip to neighbouring Kefelonia.

I have been on the trip to Olympia and that was amazing I have to say. But a long tiring day. We did that at the beginning of August and the sun was belting hot so was quite tiring, it was also the year before the Olympics (2003) so many of the museums were closed.

The trip to Smugglers Cover, in my opinion, is a must if visiting Zante. You get to stop off at certain locations to swim (weather permitting) and you also stop at Smugglers Cove and can have a swim, it's amazing.

Night life is Laganas is great, although I am not sure if you are after that. I have heard its good in Tsilivi, but not 18-30 like Laganas is. Laganas does have quite a few quietier bars perfect for families and couples, mostly on the Kalimaki Road, so don't be put off if its not nightlife that you are going for.

If you end up in Laganas, the beaches can be quite dirty near to the main strip, so I would recommend going a little bit further down where it is quieter, towards Kalimaki beach, where it is much cleaner and quieter.

Hope this helps, any more questions then just ask!

Kate
If your in Kalamaki then Depending on which direction your coming from the 2 ATM's are both on the main drag. (Laganas Road)

One is right next door to the Booze shop set back slightly from the road on the same side as The Cronulla Apartments and just before Mermaids Restaurant.

The second is in my opinion pretty well hidden almost :roll: It's further up towards the Taxi rank but on the same side as the other there's a permanent hair braider sat right outside with a Supermarket next door it's just past the Venus Bar and it's in it's own little clear plastic bubble/booth......I walked past it to the other one a couple of times before spotting it whilst using the phones outside the supermarket !

I withdrew cash about 4 times with no probs of them running out as did my friend.
We returned from Zante 2 weeks ago. :(
We went to Tsilivi last year and Amoudi this year (really quiet - just what we wanted) will be going back to Amoudi in 2007. :P
We went back to the water park (hired a car) - total of 61 euros for a family of 4. It is a nice water park not really high slides, enough to keep you busy for a few hours.
Depending on where you are allocated your accommodation you could get a taxi/bus.
Any other queries just ask.
Irene :wink:
I have just found a lost on ATMs in Zakynthos for you.ZANTE TOWN ADDRESS
Commercial Bank of Greece 2 E.Venizelou St.
National Bank of Greece 1 Platia Solomou & 14 Lomvardou
Alpha Bank Agiou Markou Square
Alpha Bank Xifitas D.I.Y shop corner/crossrds
Agricultural Bank of Greece 8 E.Veniselou St

Eurobank 4 Demokratias Ave
Citibank 50 Lomvardou St (Springtours)

LAGANA LOCATION
Citibank Hotel Ionis
Citibank Zante Park
Commercial Bank of Greece Main St. (opposite Lagana Surgery)
Citibank Opposite Ionian Bar
Piraeus Bank Opposite Victoria Hotel

ARGASSI
Citibank Springtours Office

TSILVI
Citibank Springtours Office
Commercial Bank of Greece Planos, Tsilivi

ALYKES
Alpha Bank Montes Market

ALYKANAS
Piraeus Bank Arkadinos Super Market
National Bank Letsos Hotel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.