20 independent reviews of the Elysium Hotel

Elysium Hotel Elysium Hotel is rated 4.45 out of 5 from 20 Reviews

Elysium Hotel Reviews

"Perfect luxury"
Andy 66 had a holiday at Elysium Hotel in September 2012
We stayed in the royal wing in a royal studio with private pool and it was fantastic, when we arrived we were taken straight to our room for a private checking by Rita the guest relations manager who explain everything and was on hand all week to make sure all our requests were dealt with from booking the a la carte restaurants to completing our on line checking and printing the boarding cards.

We had a royal pool which was only for guests in that wing there was 22 sunbeds and the maximum number of people there at any one time was 8, they bought round free juices and fruit platters during the day which was a nice touch, sometimes we would use the private pool in the afternoon as the sun was on the patio and you could enjoy a ...
siesta in the peace of your own garden.

We even had continental breakfast delivered to our room some mornings as this was free and once again it was a peaceful way to start the day.

We did actually move further than a few steps eventually and the evening buffet dinners were really good, the food was of a high quality and there was a wide selection, the service from the staff was excellent, very attentive and always friendly but never intrusive.

We would often have a cocktail or a coffee on the sunset terrace after dinner and the drinks and service again was excellent.

The prices for staying here are high but with the excellent facilities and high quality of food and service you can see why. The hotel does weddings and it does look the perfect place for this or perhaps a honeymoon or special anniversary as most people there were couples.

Overall I was impressed with the hotel and especially the personal service we received throughout the holiday.

"Doesn't get better than this!"
43TC visited the Elysium Hotel in October 2010
I have stayed at The Elysium many times both on business and with my family.

I have been fortunate enough to stay in some of the best hotels around the world and this ranks at the top!

The Staff are attentive and are keen to please. Marios the Head Chef in the Restaurant at breakfast is worthy of a mention and remembers your name and makes you feel very welcome.

Excellent food, excellent rooms, excellent hotel! The best in Cyprus, and the World!

Catherine & Phil stayed at Elysium Hotel in February 2008
This hotel is beautiful but I didn\'t find the athmosphere particuarly relaxing.

The breakfast selection is as good as any other 5 star but the restaurants are on the expensive side costing about

Tour Operator: Thompsons

David and Corinna had a holiday at Elysium Hotel in August 2007
I visited Cyprus in August with my daughter and after much research we decided to stay at the Elysium.

This is not just a hotel it is a magical experience that encompasses all the elements to create the perfect holiday. The grounds of the hotel are of a traditional theme with excellent architecture that transports you back in time and is fitting with the total pampering that is on offer from the Spa and throughout the hotel.

The room was totally spotless with maid service and houskeeping twice daily, staying on a B&B board gave us freedom to choose between the SIX restaurants that each serve a wide variety of delicious well prepared and presented dishes. Breakfast is something you need to experience, with a vast choice of foods from fruit to a \'customised\' omelette prepared for you personally by ...
Marios who is by far the happiest man I have ever met!

The hotel is situated a few minutes walk from a host of bars and shops and is a pleasant walk from the harbour and Paphos centre.

The hotel reception greeted us with a welcome cooling drink and an even bigger smile, the staff are unassuming, polite, extremely well trained in their chosen profession and effective, nothing is too much trouble in their efforts to make your stay as comfortable as is humanly possible.

Entertainment is varied and caters for all tastes from relaxing well played piano to local folk music and even acrobatics in the very pleasant and comfortable Astria bar.

This hotel is a must for anyone that is seeking a true five star holiday experience.

I most certainly will return next year.

Tour Operator: Thomas cook

Rebecca, Nick & Ben stayed at Elysium Hotel in August 2007
What can I say, we have stayed in Paphos over the last 3 years in 4 & 5 star hotels and this is by far the best in every aspect of customer service.

From the chef in the morning, to the pool attendants. From the pool side waiting staff to the room maids. Every member of staff was attentive and eager to please.

The Elysium must pride itself on making you feel relaxed and at ease 24hrs a day.

We had a beautiful room, which was spacious and overlooked the pool and sea. There were sweets left, with the beds turned down every evening without fail, together with a list of the next days activities.

My 9 year old son tried the hotel ran childrens club a couple of times, but found himself just happy lounging by ...
the pool and swimming (and finally making friends as well). He also tried the planned kyacking down by the private beach, which he really enjoyed.

Breakfast was a delight, mainly due to the chef - who I never once saw without a smile on his face. He greets you like a long lost relative and remembers you throughout your holiday - fantastic.

We have afternoon tea on our last day, which was a truly relaxing experience and was delicious - we struggled to finish it. No rush though, as the staff were attentive, but not hovering. Big comfy sofas to relax in.

Would recomend this hotel to all ages, as the children are well catered for - as with Cyprus children are very much included in their way of life, as they should be.

A few weddings were on whilst we were there and it was great to watch the bridge parade up and down in their full wedding dresses in 36degre heat, whilst we were lounging in our swimsuits, with pool staff giving us cold face towels to cool us down!

Pat visited the Elysium Hotel, Paphos in October 2006
This is a beautiful hotel and worthy of its 5 star rating. We did not eat in the hotel other than breakfast, which was gorgeous - so much choice, with everything wonderfully presented. Not sure why they need to have the tables quite so close together in the Lemonia Piazza, but it didn\'t really cause a problem for us as we ate early, and the majority of clients seemed to have a lie in and have breakfast much later.

The hotel was immaculate, with beautifuuly kept gardens and pool area, and the room was cleaned daily with two visits from housekeeping.

The location is peaceful, but close enough to walk to a good choice of restaurants and bars. The man made beach in front of the hotel is not brilliant, but again it is kept clean by the staff, raking the ...
sand every morning and delivering refreshments to your sunbed.

The hotel staff seemed to be mainly Eastern European and we found them to be polite and helpful, from the porters to the pool butlers to the cleaning staff. Nothing was too much trouble, and we were made to feel very special while we were there. Room service was also excellent and on time.

We didn\'t sample any of the hotel entertainment,although it did seem to be fine, and the pianist in the evenings was lovely. We preferred to find somewhere new each evening, but during the day it was lovely not to have noisy pool side music and animation teams exhorting you to join in with activities.

This is a fantastic place to have an extremely relaxing and pampered holiday, and I wouldn\'t hesitate to recommend it. I can\'t wait to go back!

Ang visited the Elysium Hotel in October 2006
The hotel is just perfect!! Nothing what I would mention as

Peter Williams stayed at Elysium Hotel, Paphos in July 2006
Totally agree with the other comments. This hotel is superb!!!

I was lucky enough to go there for a friends wedding and although I stayed in a nearby hotel the hotel staff had no problem allowing guests of the wedding in for the week to use the facilities and be with the bride and groom.

I returned home and within four days was back!! Me and my girlfriend went back for a week alone. It was excellent, so relaxing in a hotel which is just quality all over. Not a bad word to say!!!

Looking forward to returning next year!

Tour Operator: N/A

Wilkinson stayed at Elysium Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in May 2006
We stayed here in May 2006 as we married in Peyia. The hotel is amazing and we are already planing to go back.

We booked an Ethereal room with sea view and were not disappointed as were were able to watch the sunset every evening from our balcony. The room was immaculate with towels changed twice a day and everything worked. The complimentary Molten Brown products are lovely.

The breakfasts are amazing, there is something for everyone and we never felt like we were eating the same food as there was so much to choose from.

We didn\'t really eat any other meals in the hotel as we like to go out wandering and find traditional restaurants when out and about.

We upgraded to a Royal Garden Villa with garden view and private plunge pool for 2 nights after the ...
wedding, and the hotel upgraded us to a sea view. These rooms are amazing and definetely money well spent, we felt very spoilt and wish we could have afforded one for the rest of the week.

Nothing is too much trouble for most of the staff, they are always pleased to be able to help you, although on the odd occasion we did find the front of house staff to be rude and unhelpful.

All in all a fantastic holiday and we can\'t wait to go back.

Tour Operator: Panorama

Brian McCluskey visited the Elysium Hotel in February 2006
We arrived here on Sunday evening to be greeted a friendly porter called Sam. Check in was very quick and we received a welcome drink as we waited for our luggage to be brought to our room. The lobby was very big and decorated and furnished to the highest standard. We were then taken to our room and there was a welcome message on the TV.

The room overlooked the main pool and also had a sea view (this is definitely worth paying the extra supplement). The room was very spacious and the bathroom well equipped with

Tour Operator: Srein Travel

Davies visited the Elysium Hotel, Paphos in October 2005
We booked this hotel direct after visiting it in April. It looked fabulous and thought what a fantastic place to spend our wedding night and husbands

Tour Operator: independant

Chas King stayed at Elysium Hotel, Paphos in September 2005
The Elysium is not a Hotel it is a Palace.

The rooms were spotless, the food was out of this world. The staff were very well trained. I am a Hotelier myself and thus very critical when staying in other Hotels.

This Hotel is not too busy which allows lots of space and relaxation. I can\'t wait until I return.

Tour Operator: Sovereign

Rebecca visited the Elysium Hotel in September 2005
The hotel is wonderful and worthy of its 5 star rating. It is like a palace and is stunning throughout.

We booked the hotel for our honeymoon and were not disappointed. The rooms were lovely and comfotable and the room service was fantastic.

The hotel is very clean and that includes the pool and surrounding areas.

The Spa treatments I booked were very good too.

Although there were lots of residents there it did not seem overcrowded and was pretty quiet by the pool areas even with children around.

The food was superb whether we ate at the buffet Lemonia Piazza restaurant or the Epicurean Restaurant.

The staff were very friendly and pleasant and seemed to enjoy working there.

We cannot wait to go back.

Tour Operator: Sovereign

Kevin & Louise visited the Elysium Hotel, Paphos in September 2005
In our opinion this hotel is not 5*. You can build a beautiful hotel but its the service that makes a holiday memorable. We stay in 5 star all over the world and frankly were shocked by their service.

We went to celebrate my wife\'s 50th. I told the hotel this in writing and asked staff to ensure it was special on our arrival.

Absolutely nothing in fact our room was not even made up that day so we came back from the beach to a dirty room. I was expecting the room to be decked out by then with flowers, balloons and champagne.

All of this we have experienced in other 5 star hotels with just a mention that its a birthday. I specifically requested something special to mark my wife\'s 50th. I want to add at this point i was ...
prepaired to pay for any \'extras\'

Again at the restaurant I ordered a

Tour Operator: Independent

Stacey Keymer-Brown stayed at Elysium Hotel in September 2005
We stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon we got married in Paphos and this was our honeymoon Hotel.

The hotel is lovely and clean and the Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We was hoping for a room upgrade but sadly didn\'t receive one.

The location of the hotel was great as it was far enough away from the hustle and bustle yet only 20 minute walk to the harbour if you wished to visit the local restaurants.

The entertainment appeared to be good although we did not see much of the entertainment due to the number of guests we had to see which had travelled to Cyprus for our wedding day.

The Hotel is definitely a 5 ***** hotel , and the only criticism I would have is the price of the drinks and food ad they were on the pricey side !!

Overall lovely hotel

Tour Operator: Independent

Chas King visited the Elysium Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in August 2005
Not sure about some of the reviews I have read about this hotel, maybe bogus competitors trying to bring it down but believe me you will not find a better hotel in Cyprus.

It is an absolute palace and all my friends think so too.

We are 50t\'s aged people with our own companies and this is the sort of life style that we enjoy. Staying in this hotel is the ultimate in luxurious living.

Tour Operator: Forget

Gaynor stayed at Elysium Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in July 2005
This is def a 5 star hotel it is fantastic. When I was there it was like been a star...... I had to keep pinching myself to believe that I was really there.

If you are thinking of going here do not hesitate. I am 26 and I took my little girl aged 4 and she loved it as much as I did. I especially liked the swim up bar and the free towels and also the mattress on the sunbed was thicker than mine at home on my bed.....

All the toiletries in the bathroom were Malton Brown you get slippers and gown, it is a real lap of luxury.

Tour Operator: Private

geraldine visited the Elysium Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in June 2005
We stayed at the Elysium Hotel in Paphos for two weeks in June 2005. I can honestly say it is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in and deserves its five star status.

The hotel is immaculate and the rooms were luxurious. We were only B&B but there was a plentiful choice of hot and cold food to choose from with several restaurants also within the hotel for other meals.

If not the hotel is situated near a stretch of quietish bars and restaurants to choose from which were all nice, especially the Italian on the corner.

The hotel staff were all very professional and attentive at all times, especially the drink waiters around the pool area, the pool area is spectacular and tranquil.

We had the best holiday ever, the hotel is gorgeous, not to be missed.

Tour Operator: first choice

Chapman had a holiday at Elysium Hotel in June 2005
The Elysium is a truly wonderful hotel - definitely 5*

We stayed at the Elysium for our wedding and honeymoon.
From the day we arrived the staff were fantastic the hotel clean, food excellent and service excellent.

The hotel room was spotlessly clean, well decorated and fantastic views.

I could not fault this hotel one bit.

Our wedding reception was perfect the hotel did everything we asked.

The guest relations manager was fantastic many a time he signed for our drinks and regularly came to speak with us.

This hotel is fantastic hence i am going back for my anniversary.

Well worth a visit

Tour Operator: Argo

J Smith had a holiday at Elysium Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in May 2005
If you are considering booking this hotel then please do..you will have the most fantastic and comfortable, pampered time of your life.

The hotel is kept so clean, the room service is fantastic.

The pool and surrounding area is so clean and tidy, and the cocktails at the pool bar are delicious!!

If you enjoy a variety of foods for breakfast then this hotel is for you. We had difficultly deciding between fresh fruit, waffles, english breakfast, pastries etc etc.

It is located half way between old town and harbour area..easy walking distance to both, and has some nice shops and bars to offer on your short relaxing walk to these areas.

Hotel staff we polite and helpful at all times. We especially enjoyed the night service and pool attendants..it really was a dream holiday..we were spoilt from start to finish.