19 independent reviews of the Land of The Kings Aparthotel
Address: Paphos, Cyprus
Land of The Kings Aparthotel
Land of The Kings Aparthotel Location
Ranked #58 of 61 hotels in Paphos

Land of The Kings Aparthotel Land of The Kings Aparthotel is rated 2.21 out of 5 from 19 Reviews

Land of The Kings Aparthotel Reviews

Helen & David visited the Land of The Kings Aparthotel in September 2007
Visited LOK in 2004 for a week\'s break and had a clean room, near the lovely pool area with regular maid service. Apart from the Scottish receptionist being a bit gruff the staff were pleasant and helpful & as extensive travellers we listed it as inexpensive and a good base.

This stay lead us to book again in September 2007 but for a different reason. We decided to sell up and move to Paphos so booked a one way flight with XL and emailed a booking to LOK ourselves which was confirmed promptly and we looked forward to our property hunt.

Then we arrived! Gruff receptionist was almost insolent when we arrived at 9.30pm, guess she had a long day we said. But, oh dear, the room was scruffy and dirty, there were ants everywhere and the restaurant ...
was closed for refurbishment so we walked to a nearby tavern. The next day we saw our room in daylight and this just appalled us.
We expected \'cheap & cheerful\' and got \'not very cheap\' and definitely not cheerful. The maids threw bedding on the beds and left the furniture strewn round the room, the towels were taken but not replaced. The curtains were hanging by a couple of hooks and ripped, the shutters didn\'t close properly or lock. The kitchen area had no utensils and was so filthy I refused to even eat breakfast in it. Not forgetting the \"ladies\" who brought \"friends\" back to their rooms for a \"visit\".

We complained....... an obvious mistake, as they said they had no other rooms (the place was almost empty) and the maids then left cigarette butts in the room and disappeared with our toilet rolls (not supplied, we bought it from the shop) and bedding which we had to fight to get back from reception who inferred that we had stolen it! Trust me, if I was going to steal something it would not be worn out sheets and stained pillow cases with burn holes!

The reception staff were even ruder than we remembered, I carried my passport with me everywhere because I saw security boxes left open with belongings inside while they chatted on the phone in a separate office! We went out viewing properties every day and did the best we could only to return when extreme tiredness took over.
Luckily on our 4th day we found the apartment we wanted to rent and decided to move in immediately although we had no furniture and were booked at LOK for another 3 days. We bought a blow up mattress and a couple of blankets and slept on the floor in our apartment for three weeks until our furniture arrived. It was Luxury by comparison!

When leaving LOK (obviously earlier than we had booked) the receptionist did not even look at us when we handed in the keys, never mind asking us why we were leaving early. I guess it was pretty obvious.

Since moving to Chloraka (our new home) we saw LOK close down in November and complete refurbishment has been undertaken.

However, the way we feel about the place we wouldn\'t care if it was demolished and made way for a decent hotel or apartment complex! We will never be returning with it\'s current management, refurbished or not!

I suppose we should reserve judgment now until it reopens but when our large family visit, and we can\'t accommodate them all, we will be housing them at another apartment/hotel complex in Chloraka, business we would have put to LOK.

Tour Operator: Booked direct following prior stay in 2004

Beverley Watts stayed at Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos in July 2007
We arrived at 3.45 in the morning was given an room without air conditioning it was shabby and the cutlery draw was full of ants we could not sleep as it was so hot we complained the next morning and was told they only had a studio with air conditioning as our present room was a one bedroom we didnt care and moved to the studio this was in a better location by the pool as the previous one was overlooking wheelie bins and the rubbish collectors come at 6.30 in the morning we paid to move.The scottish receptionist was not very helpful and everything was too much trouble for her. Didnt eat at the complex. Location quite far out only karoke and elvis tributes for entertainment.

Tour Operator: Airtours

anne marie borthwick visited the Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos, Cyprus in June 2007
Filthy room, could not be classed as basic. I am not fussy, I book basic because you only sleep in the place. Never again, worst accomodation I have ever seen, left after 2 days.

Staff, Brian and Abu really helpful and friendly. The one meal we had was very nice, but accomodation was a disgrace.

Tour Operator: thomson

Angela stayed at Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos, Cyprus in June 2007
Angela Chlorakas

I have read your complaints about this hotel apartments and yes they are a filthy mess. I worked along with the very abrupt scottish woman at the reception area and I am scottish also she definately had an attitude problem never meant to greet people the way she did after a long flight. However I am gladly settled in Chlorakas with my husband and a little cocker spaniel but would never recommend the Land of the Kings

Tour Operator: n/a

Eleanor had a holiday at Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos in May 2007
The rooms were pretty clean but you never knew when the cleaners were coming, some days they would come everyday, other days there would be a 2 day gap, at one stage we had no clean towels or toilet paper and had to wait 2 days for fresh. The bed clothes were clean although the settee in the room had stains on it.

The location is out the way a bit, you would definatly need a car to explore.

The hotel bar staff were extremly friendly, couldn\'t do anough for you, however there was a certain scotts receptionist who just didnt seem to care, she never smiled anddidnt seem to like helping anyone. Also the owner, a little old Cypriot lady who lives in the complex every so often came out one night when the bar was open and told us to ...
be quite other wise she would turn off all the lights, now i wouldn\'t have minded if we were youngsters making a loud noise, but we\'re in our 50\'s and was just chatting and having a giggle. Not what you expect when you go away.

The entertainment was very good, it had kareoke, Cyprus night, a live singer, and a parrot show, not what you expect in a 2* but it was very entertaining.

Although i quite liked this hotel, i wouldn\'t come again, we had a blanket fire extinguisher in our room, but when we looked closer, the box was empty, there was another fire extinguisher that should of been on the wall in the hall but was missing, we had a rip in our curtain, and the switch on a plug socket in the living room was falling off.

The shower hardly had any power and our bathroom sink blocked up.

There is no air conditioning just a fan you can hire at

Tour Operator: My Travel

M.Hyde had a holiday at Land of The Kings Aparthotel in October 2006
We booked a holiday to Paphos not knowing where we were going to be staying, having been to Cyprus a few times before we were not too worried about this.

However, the Land of the kings was not a place we would have booked to stay in. We stayed here 17 years ago and then it was very nice but I dont think it has been touched in all the time since, although the bed linen and towels were clean enough they were very worn and washed out and the apartment its self was quite tatty looking, the insides of the wordrobes and the cupboards was not very clean.

The pool area is still ok although there was a noticeable lack of umbrellas but plenty of sunbeds. The general area around the land of the kings is ...
very tired looking with awnings ripped and some of the paint peeling and the seats in the reception area have seen better days and looked a bit grubby.

As it was late in the season they had the last Greek night the week we were there so cannot really comment on the entertainment.

We would not stay at the Land of the Kings again.

Tour Operator: going places

Davies had a holiday at Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos, Cyprus in August 2006
We arrived and were told that our room did not have air con so we could hire a fan, which we did. The room was very tatty and hot. We have a 3 month old baby and therefore asked if we could be moved to a room with air con which the Hotel obliged 2 days later. This room was very good but the plumbing sprung a leak and we had to be moved again. Our 3rd room was also very good. It appears there is a great variation in the quality of rooms across the complex.

The pool was clean and maintained daily, there were no issues with sun beds. And a very relaxed atmosphere at the pool.

The restaurant staff are very good, but all other staff would probably benefit from some customer service training!

The hotel food is ok ...
and comparable to other restaurants. The location is ok if your prepared to take a taxi, and taxi\'s are pretty cheap. The entertainment is fairly sparse but the Cyprus night is worthwhile.

The hotel is shabby but clean. It is 2 star so you get what you pay for.

I would not recommend this hotel to my friends but if you have booked, you should find the accommodation ok

Tour Operator: My Travel

Ian Arthurs had a holiday at Land of The Kings Aparthotel in August 2006
After a 7 hour delay and paying nearly

Tour Operator: Thomsons

Tony & Lisa. stayed at Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos in June 2006
When I read the reports on this place before we went, we was thinking of cancelling, but I glad we didnt.
We did not find the horror stories that others had found.

Yes its a bit tatty in places, but nothing that a good lick of paint and some tlc would sort out.

Yes we found some ants, but when you have kids and they drop crumbs, what do you expect?

Maid service = Frequent, every other day, could do with training on how to sweep correctly and I dont think they done anything in the bathroom apart from empty the toilet paper bin. They supplied fresh linen and towels every other day, clean and crisp.

Swimming pool = On arrival very clean, but near the end of the 2nd it was very murky and you could not see the bottom, daily they would clean ...
around the pool, sweep and mop, wipe sun cream stains from the side of the pool, but they really needed to add fresh water, which they did at the end of our 2 weeks.

Waiters & Food = Tony the manager is a nice bloke, but he spoilt it by making you feel uncomfortable when you left site to eat at other places, the waiters would also queistion you, but having said that the food they served was very good, on par with everywhere else on the island, the service on site was quick and friendly.

Now for the things that we felt need attention by the owners,
There are not enough sun beds, and more importantly there are only a handfull of umbrellas, and in that midday heat you need shade.

Childrens play area, what play area?? or do they mean the 2 wooden swings that are broken??

It would seem that depending on what tour operator you whent with, what block you was allocated, some blocks are better that others.

Other that that had a good time, really enjoyed our holiday made even better by the friendly people who were also on holiday, a very good crowd.

Kind regards Tony, Lisa, George & Brooke xx

Tour Operator: Thompson

sharon hughes had a holiday at Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos in June 2006
The hotel was very dirty and in need of complete refurbishement!! Not very child friendly and continuous noise from the building site all round the complex.

We were up at five every morning due pole driving which shook our room.

The owners have a don't care attitude to thier customers and don't want to know the problems they've got!

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone, keep away at all cost!! The best thing to do is to bulldose it down to the ground.

Tour Operator: sky tours

Maguire visited the Land of The Kings Aparthotel in April 2006
Booked a late, 1 week stay and basically got what we paid for.

The whole site is in need of some money spent to bring it up to date. Our accommodation was clean, bedding and towels changed twice during our say. A faulty balcony door was repaired quickly, and plugs for the sinks were supplied immediately.

We had one meal in the restaurant and it was excellent,

The staff there and in the bar were very pleasant.

The front of the complex does look very shabby and needs sprucing up.

Plenty of nice places to eat in and the bus service was great. A visit to Coral Bay is a must (no.10 or 15 bus from outside the apartments).

Enjoyed the weeks holiday, but don't feel we could recommend Land of the Kings to friends.

Tour Operator: aspro

N Yull stayed at Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos in April 2006
I went to this complex with my family after reading a lot of good and bad reports, with an open mind. We had a 2 bedroom refurbished apartment which was clean and tidy although very basic.

The maid service was amusing, no cleaning just beds changed and clean towels. (we cleaned the apartment ourselves after \"Aquiring\" brushes etc).

The complex is a mess in that it is overgrown, and delapidated. the entertainment area is a few pool tables and air hockey tables and some gaming machines in a covered area that is so rotten the roof is collapsing and the gutters are hanging off.

The reception is from the arc and the pool although OK was left full of dead insects until cleaned the following morning. the filters weren\'t on all the time.

Night time was fun!!! After walking back to the apartments along ...
a busy road with no paths just dirt tracks, you then, some nights had to negotiate the pool to get back to your room in the pitch black, whilst stepping over the biggest ant marches you have ever seen.

Then to top it all i discovered that the spare rooms were being rented out particularly at weekends to the local \"Night\" girls shall we say. (I had this confirmed by a member of staff and Thomsons are now aware). This is not an ideal place for a family although they were discrete about it.

As for beaches there is 1 about 10 minutes walk away, but it is nothing much.

In all I\'d stay somewhere else if I was you!!!

Tour Operator: Thomson

Dean stayed at Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos, Cyprus in April 2006
When we arrived at the apartments, it looked nothing like the brochure. The reception area was dirty and the little old wooden boxes which they called the security boxes, we had to use.

We kept an open mind to what the accommodation was like, after reading lots of reviews before we went away, I wish I had listened more and not booked this self catering apartment.

Items in the bathroom were broken, the sheets on the beds had burn holes in them, and we could hang nothing in the wardrobe as the smell was horrid. The worse thing was that worried me was the gas heater on the wall, which we used because the rooms were cold. I have never seen any thing as old as this in my life, the plastic lever which is in reach of children, big worry, and ...
they tell you on the door if you smell gas to report it to reception, that\'s if you wake in the morning. I\'m sure these heaters would be condemned in England. We stuck it out for one night and then moved to a lovely hotel just down the road the Elysium.

Trust me if you have any standards what so ever this is not a place for you. I would never recommend any one to stay here especially with children.

Tour Operator: aspro holidays

Dave Simmonite had a holiday at Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos in December 2005
Read a lot of indifferent reports before we arrived and have to say the negative reports in general were so far from the truth it makes you wonder what people want from holidays.

The bedroom, living area, bathroom and kitchen were all clean and tidy, the bins were emptied and the sheets and towels changed. Yes the husband and wife who seem to manage the bar, restaurant and shop are miserable but so would you be based on the hours they were working, something us holidaymakers seem to forget.

Food looked good and although I personally didn\'t eat there, we spoke to many other guests who rated it highly, the drinks were a little expensive but no more than you would pay at home.

The swimming pool was clean as was the surrounding areas.

If I have to complain about anything ...
and it is being a little picky, the reception, bar and restaurant area need rejuvenating and bringing out of the 70\'s, but it certainly does not detract from the holiday nor the Hotel.

Hotel is within walking distance of the Beach and Paphos, but would suggest the use of a Taxi and there is a Taxi Rank just 100 metres on the left, past O\' Neills (turn left out of the complex). There are also many Taxi\'s that drive up and down the main road so it\'s not a problem to flag one down (

Tour Operator: Thomson

mc donald visited the Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos, Cyprus in September 2005
Mattresses were torn, springs sticking out, full of urine stains, even when turned over no better and in most cases worse.

Toilet did not flush for the duration of the holiday (2weeks) had to use pans of water thrown down the bowl to clear waste.

Patio doors do not lock, cooking and eating utensils none-existent.

Bathroom a complete disgrace, no plug in the sink, toilet cracked from top to bottom and badly bodged up by a make shift repair.

On site staff do not give a damn about there clientele, and are abusive,ignorant,just could not be bothered.

Linen changes consists of the sheets being taken from the bed and folded and put to the bottom of the bed, only once in 2 weeks was they changed.

If you are looking for a holiday in Cyprus,DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT GO HERE.

Spend your hard earned cash ...
on a holiday I hope you enjoy, because you certainly will not get that here.

I have video footage and photo\'s to back up everything mention here.

Stay away from the Land of the Kings.

Tour Operator: my travel

Debbie visited the Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos in September 2005
The apartment was not what we had booked for, specifying we wanted a separate bedroom for 2 young children aged 3 and 4, and also so we could have some privacy.

After sitting in the travel agents for 3 hours, we were assured that this is what we would get. We booked this holiday in August 2004 through Lunn Poly.

My husband has been to Paphos before and stated that he wanted us to be near the harbour, if you call a 45 mins walk in ninety degrees with two young children a short walk then great, we didn\'t!

The apartment was disgusting. Dirty mattresses, burnt bedding, curtains had cig burns in them. The sinks were never cleaned, I cleaned them every day.

The bathroom which we were told would contain a bath with ...
a shower over it was a disgrace. The shower only had 15 spray holes working! it was terrible.

We were infested with ants and cockroaches. The staff were helpful when it suited, and the service and hours of the bar depended on how many people were there.

The lights were switched off so walking by the pool with two young children in buggies was a novel experience. The bar food was naff, although the resteraunt food was pretty good when we did the \'Cyprus Night\".

The harbour by bus is an experience, mind the buses anywhere were an experience, it was like being cattle herded to go market. When we tried to express our concerns to the wonderful rep, hardly, he basically told us that Thomsons had got our money and tuff.

I will never go to Lunn Poly again to book a holiday (Tomsons), and will never go to Land of the Kings in my life, even if it depended on it.

Tour Operator: Tomson

sue visited the Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos, Cyprus in July 2005
We have visited the Land of the Kings for the last three summers (having said in previous years I would never go to the same place twice). I am now considering booking up again for next summer as we just love it so much. I have always found the rooms to be of a good standard and visited lots of different eating places. However always seem to end up eating back at the hotel as we could not fault the meals nor the friendly service.

My daughter loved the kids club so much she is now 15 and would still love to go!The location is perfect as there is a bus stop a few steps away from the door that takes you to most places (beach/waterpark/harbour) which are all well worth a visit and it is located virtually ...
on the door step of the famous site THE TOMB OF THE KINGS.

This is an excellent all round holiday choice!

Tour Operator: skytours

Carol Ochiltree visited the Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos in June 2005
We (me and my son and a friend and her son) booked to stay at the Land of the Kings for 7 nights self catering.

First impressions on arrival were not good! We were shown to our apartment by the \"handyman\" who helped us with one case and left us to struggle with the rest of the luggage. We struggled to unlock the door but eventually did so and entered a dingy room.

First job was to check the beds which were diabolical, badly stained pillows which were brown, thin tatty sheets on the matress with no protection to the stained matresses. The view from the kitchen window, which incidentally had bars on it, was of rubbish skips, gas bottles and rubbish. We immediately complained but were told \"what did we expect for a category C\". ...
We replied that we expected clean bed linen and unstained pillows. They offered other pillows which were no better than already on the beds.

We had no choice but to stay the night but saw the Thomson Rep, first thing next day and demanded to be moved. We eventually moved (at a further cost to us)to the Kefalos Beach Village and enjoyed our holiday.

Tour Operator: Skytours

Miss Denham visited the Land of The Kings Aparthotel, Paphos in June 2005
We arrived and were offered no help to our room (we were told to go through the pool area with all our luggage and drag our hired electric fan as no air con available) Rooms were very old and tatty, everything just sticky and unclean. Everything very dated and old and in need of repair or preferably a complete renovation. We had a major giant ant problem in all rooms.

The bar staff were very friendly and the restaurant attached served good tasty food at a very reasonable price.

We had a good week but had the apartment been better it would have been excellent.

Tour Operator: Olympic