22 independent reviews of the Theofano Hotel
Ranked #58 of 61 hotels in Paphos

Theofano Hotel Theofano Hotel is rated 2.32 out of 5 from 22 Reviews

Theofano Hotel Reviews

Howard had a holiday at Theofano Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in November 2006
3rd time of staying in 2006!!! My wife and I stayed at The Theofano again. Standards were as good as they were before. We sent an email to hotel manager, requesting a downstairs room in the new part this time and was given a room as requested on arrival.

Staff extremely welcoming and glad to see us. Having left in September 2006 as a family holiday, we decided to move to Cyprus, lock, stock and barrel as they say and although we will be living in the Larnaca area due to my new job, we continue to stay at The Theofano in Paphos for holidays at present.

We did stay at The Louis Princess Beach in Larnaca and this was very good. As a couple we managed to get a room rate of CY

Howard had a holiday at Theofano Hotel, Paphos in September 2006
Another report. Having stayed at The Theofano hotel in July, I took my family for a weeks holiday in September. Everything was as good as it was when I was there in July.

My step-daughter loved it, especially the new pool. She spent most days diving to the bottom of the pool and doing handstands. She lost weight but ate like a horse and being a picky child where food is, that\'s something to be marvelled at.

There is a BBQ in the summer months held on a Tuesday around the new pool area. It was lovely. My wife and I used the old pool after breakfast to swim 25 lengths and sometimes we all went there on an afternoon to chill in the sun and get away from the more noisier ...
areas of the main pool.

There were a lot of pigeons on the roof of the hotel and we put forward a suggestion, that they could do with having a cull.

They weren\'t however much of a nuisance both in terms of mess or noise. We stayed on the top floor and considering there isn\'t a lift, it\'s a long way to drag up your suitcase and we are reasonable fit folks. The staff were really friendly and being a family hotel, they made lots of effort.

My wife is learning Greek so she had a chance to practice and got some good free lessons back from the staff!! The staff recognised me from my stay in July - that\'s something special considering they must see lots of people!

kelly family stayed at Theofano Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in August 2006
Arrived at hotel and didn

Tour Operator: sunset

Howard visited the Theofano Hotel in July 2006
Stayed here for a short 1 week break. First time I had been to this hotel. Apparently it is the older sister hotel to the Aloe Hotel, nearby.

I was impressed with the food and the friendliness of the staff. I stayed in the old part but on 1st floor. There was a fusty smell to the room but it soon disappeared with air and my lynx body spray!!

I walked every night down to the harbour. I was on a half-board basis and the food was excellent, plenty of choice, soup, salad bar, at least 5 hot dishes with good choice of rice, pasta and veg, and numerous puddings plus ice-cream. Needed the walk!!

Entertainment hit and miss. The best was an English guy who provided a disco twice weekly. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay - will come again.

Gordon Akroyd visited the Theofano Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in April 2006
We stayed at the Theofano over Easter. We had a throughly good time.

We felt the food had improved on an already high standard of 2 years ago, although the dinning room can get busy when it first opens as everyone wants to be first. Breakfast are very much the same each day but the choice is immense, 5 cooked dishes each day + boiled eggs, toast 3 or 4 choices of bread, jam and a continental choice of meats and cheeses and a variety of fruit.

Staff were nice and friendly.

The position of the hotel may not be to everyone liking but what's a short walk in a pleasant climate? We often walked into Paphos centre, after all there are plenty of cafe etc to stop off at. We went for a stroll most nights so didn\'t sample the ...
entertainment.

The hotel has a new and old part, we have stayed in both, the new part is nicer with regards to the view and furniture etc but the old part the rooms were adequate if a little more difficult to get to, no lift. This year the old pool wasn\'t used a great deal, I don\'t know why.

We would readily go again to the Theofano.

Tour Operator: Mercury

Mearsy visited the Theofano Hotel in July 2005
When we arrived,we checked in and the the man at reception handed over a card for the room.

We had read the reviews, and we had already read that the hotel was divided in to two parts the old and new. The old part was meant to be dark, damp and smelly. We got to our room and looked on the balcony, it was 12:00pm then so we could\'nt see which was the new or old part. The next morning we went to breakfast, then we realised we was in the new part.

Breakfast was in the old part.

The pool was terrible. Don\'t worry there is a fabulous pool in the new part.

After breakfast we went back to are room. On the way back we saw some rooms in the old part, the handle had key. So if ...
you go there and they hand you a card your in the new part. There is three parts really, there\'s a really old part, a old part,and a new part.

There\'s loads of facilities including a gym (with no air con) indoor pool (freezing cold).

In the rooms there is a t.v with sky news, and radio, air con. Depending if you was in the new part the bathrooms were smashing, hairdryer. there was alot of people coming every day but we thought loads of foreign people were on four day breaks., I\'m sure it was like a travel lodge.

There were a lot of cats about.

If you get a key, go back the next day and complain, they will put you in the new part.

If you are going all inclusive there is a sign saying please dress formally for dinner, the management.

If you are renting a car we suggest you ignore eurocar and hire a car with a car hiring company that I have forgot the name of, but it is next to the hotel.

We would recommend going to the good times bar over the road, and Brahams and list for a restaurant if your only going for bed and breakfast. There is a snack bar round the pool, for dinner. There is a mini market also next to the hotel.

Tour Operator: Skytours

David visited the Theofano Hotel in June 2005
Hotel in general was really clean, but was let down badly with the condition of guest rooms.Stayed in old part of the hotel where rooms are badly in need of redecoration.

Rooms are small and dingy with carpets and furniture shabby.maids however did a good job and kept rooms as clean as was possible and towels changed daily.( new part of hotel is much nicer so request a room in this area at time of booking).

Stayed on a B&B basis, breakfasts were ok but nothing special.Liked location of hotel as it was in the quieter area of resort but within a ten minute walk to centre with sufficient bars and restaurants within the area of the hotel.

Entertainment was poor more geared towards SAGA guests.

Nice pool areas with two pools one more suitable for families and another which is quieter and smaller

Tour Operator: Olympic

paul stayed at Theofano Hotel in June 2005
The hotel is slit in to two parts if you book please get in the new part as the old part is very poor.

The room we were given was on the ground floor with the patio doors leading to a nice pool area. The decoration of the room was still very basic with faults in the furnishing ( doors not working a damp smell and other holiday maker claiming large beetles in there rooms altough we did not see any only round the pool area along with a few frendly cats).
Rooms were cleaned daily.

The food at breakfast very basic and little choice.

Theme nights very good based around the pool area (1 x per week), the holiday was sold to us as a family holiday suitable for children.

We did find that there was a lot of ederly people that have ...
been there for the past 5 yrs + for the children there was a good pool but nothing arranged for them day or night.

No holiday reps present on site! The staff were very good we did have a good holiday going out at night and spending time in the day on tours or by the pool etc.

The harbour is only 15 mins walk away with a larger choice of pubs and clubs or 70 cents on the bus each.

Tour Operator: skytours

Katie Needham had a holiday at Theofano Hotel in June 2005
The Hotel was really nice, we stayed in the new part of the hotel and found it clean and air conditioning was a real need be!

Three of us shared a room and the other three and we were all happy with the space we had - and our apartment was situated on the bottom too where we walked down three steps and was around the pool area - which is always a bonus!

We were all very happy with the hotel and would definatley go back again.

Tour Operator: Thomas Cook (JMC)

robert had a holiday at Theofano Hotel, Paphos in April 2005
Hotel is split into two halves the old half and the new half we stayed in the new half which was clean bright and rooms were of a good standard. However we visited a room in the old half they were dull damp smelling and not up to a very good standard at all.

The rooms were cleaned daily however we were there for a week and our pillowcases were not changed once.

The breakfast was good with plenty for both young and old but the dinners were very poor. Meat was full of bones and fat and they were no good at all for children.

Staff on reception were friendly and helped as best they could.

We travelled in April and found that about 80 per cent of the guests were there with Saga so you can imagine how the entertainment was. Ok if you

Tour Operator: sunset

Lorraine had a holiday at Theofano Hotel in January 2005
All I can say is fantastic. Staff were great. Rooms clean, and cleaned daily, entertainment good, location, a long way to walk after a night on the sauce at the harbour............

Tour Operator: First Choice

Janet stayed at Theofano Hotel in December 2004
I had read the reviews on The Theofano Hotel once I had booked my holiday, and was with complete hesitation about continuing with my trip. This anxiety was pointless. I found both the staff and hotel management to be extremely friendly and helpful.

I agree the hotel is situated a little to far away from the harbour to be suitable for a family with young children, but for my family over the christmas and new year period it was perfect.

Tour Operator: First Choice

drew had a holiday at Theofano Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in November 2004
We stayed last year (only found this website today!). Maybe we went to this hotel at the wrong time of year!
I\'m 25 and the next nearest person in age apart from my partner must have been a couple in their early 50\'s.
The food was awful and the wine was worse than french 69pence from Calais!
The staff are very nice but they are a little slow to clear plates from tables.
Breakfast - best eaten elsewhere! Poor in fact I\'m sure that it was worse every day. The toast was very good. What entertainment? oh yes my orther half after a few too many! and don\'t forget the Saga gang! Pity the rep wouldn\'t allow uss to join in!

Tour Operator: mytravel

curlycornflake visited the Theofano Hotel in July 2004
We booked this hotel before reading holiday truths and therefore went with some trepidation.We booked bed and breakfast but got half board thrown in for free.We weren\'t bothered about eating at the hotel but for a 3 star hotel the variety and quality were good.I dont know wheather we stayed in the old or new part as I couldn\'t work it out but we overlooked the main pool.The room was cleaned every day and was ok. We rented a fridge which I would definately do again and a safe.We didn\'t bother with the entertainment prefering to go to the bars with live music.I wouldn\'t recommend this hotel for children as it is approx 1 mile from Paphos harbour and 1/4 mile from the beach. Bus service is very good (aircon buses) for 50p flat rate fare.All in all for ...
a 3 star hotel it was very good staff are friendly breakfast very good buffet style.

Tour Operator: olympic holidays

Sherlock visited the Theofano Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in May 2004
3 star and so food pretty bland but plentiful. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly and cleanliness excellent. Pools clean and poolside facilities OK. A few sunbeds in need of replacement.
Entertainment as you would expect and not noisy or even audible throughout the hotel or in the rooms.
Hotel is some distance from harbour and the frequent bus service is needed to get anywhere without a longish walk on a roughish road,but there are plenty of good restaurants close by.
In late May daytime temps were high but a cool wind blew up each evening needing a sweater to be comfortable.

Tour Operator: Saga

Succubus1965 had a holiday at Theofano Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in February 2004
My family (2 adults 2 children) stayed for a 4 day break at the Theofano in February 2004. We had booked a family room on the first floor, but when we got there found that we had been allocated a room on the ground floor in the old half of the hotel right opposite the restaurant where they served breakfast. We asked to move and were offered a choice of two rooms on the first floor, still in the old part of the hotel but on the first floor as requested.

The hotel itself was basic but clean and the staff were courteous and welcoming. It is only 3 star after all. Both pools were clean and there weren\'t too many cats about, much to my daughters disappointment. We stayed on a B&B basis and breakfast was good - lots of ...
choice and plenty to eat. It is about 15 minutes walk to the main harbour area but there are no hills and there is a frequent bus service if you don\'t fancy the hike.

Towels were changed daily and the beds made. The bar was reasonable and the girls loved the non-alholic cocktails.

We might go back to the Theofano again, but will definitely return to Cyprus.

Tour Operator: Unknown

Cratey had a holiday at Theofano Hotel, Paphos in October 2003
I booked to stay at this hotel before I checked it on the truth guide and I was a bit worried to hear that there was an old and new part to this hotel.
There was no mention of this in the brochure so I called the hotel directly only to be told I was in the old part.
I expalined that I wasnt very happy with this and the manager moved me into the new part of the building. I would definately recommend checking what part your staying in. I felt the brochure was a bit decieving in that respect.
I never saw the rooms in the old part myself but some of the guests that were staying in the old part were very disappointed.

The pool area was lovely and clean but I would recommend getting a sun lounger quite early as ...
it was very busy.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and the selection was very good. I wasnt sure about all the cats hanging about the breakfast area though!!!

The rooms were basic and after all it was only a 3star hotel.
The air conditoning was good and there was a tv in the room but it had a poor selection of channels.(not that you go to cyprus to watch tv)
You can pay to have a fridge in the room but we didnt bother.
We did rent a safety deposit box for

dacon719 had a holiday at Theofano Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in August 2002
Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks mid August \'02. The hotel has had a modern part built on in recent years, we were put in the old part to start with. Room was okay, a bit dated and air con worked reasonably ok. Asked to move the next day as the room was not how it appeared in the brochure. We were shown another room in the new part which we moved into. These rooms in general are slightly larger with better aircon and decor. Rooms don\'t come with mini fridge and coffee making facilities as standard, so you have to ask for them to be added at an extra cost of a couple of pounds per day. Room was cleaned every day and towels replaced if left in the bath. The gym is well equiped but unfortunately it ...
is not air conditioned!! The manager said that this was due to health reasons?! We were stayinig on a B&B basis so didn\'t try the evening meals, but didn\'t hear any complaints and the food and restaurant looked good. The breakfast was very good, covering both continental and english (even had a choice of 3 min or 5 min boiled eggs).

Pool was clean and well laid out, didn\'t have too much trouble with getting a sunbed. There is another smaller pool if you can\'t get a spot. There were some strong smells wafting around once in a while, but this is fairly normal for the country and climate.

Good restaurants nearby are The Rendezvous, Rib Shack(although the service was slow) and The Sun Bow (recommend mussels a la chef). Best cocktails and draught beers are from the Irish Bar. Harbour and night life is about a 15-20 minute walk away.

Overall an enjoyable stay, you have to remember this is only a 3 star before complaining about standards you would expect at a 4 star+. Would definately stay here again if I was guaranteed a room in the new part.

Tour Operator: Argo

Lreid visited the Theofano Hotel in July 2002
My husband and I have just returned from Hotel Theofano (June 2002). We thought it was excellent (no complaints at all). We had a superior room and it was very clean and bright. The maids were in every day to clean our room and fresh towels were given to us. The hotel itself was very pleasant and so were the staff. We thought the pool area was lovely too! We were on a B&B basis and that was good. All in all we had a fantastic holiday in Paphos (this is our third year there) and it won\'t be our last. We would recommend the Theofano Hotel to anyone.

Thanks

lesley reid (Glasgow)

Tour Operator: Skytours

Lomas stayed at Theofano Hotel in July 2002
Stayed at this Hotel for 2 weeks in august2001.would not reccomend it at all.Hotel is split into two halves,a modern half and an old half.The old half is really grotty.Dark,damp,smelly,rooms down an unwelcoming corridor.after complaining we were moved to the modern half,which was ok.The food was adequate I suppose.Definately will never stay there again!!

Tour Operator: Aspro 2