22 independent reviews of the Venus Studios & Apartments
Address: Roda 49081, Greece
Venus Studios & Apartments
Venus Studios & Apartments Location
Ranked #11 of 16 hotels in Roda

Venus Studios & Apartments Venus Studios & Apartments is rated 3.68 out of 5 from 22 Reviews

Venus Studios & Apartments Reviews

Karen stayed at Venus Studios & Apartments, Roda in July 2011
Beautiful surrounding gardens and pool area, lots of space. We were able to take loungers outside our room and still have view of the pool. Rooms in real need of updating and cleaning not very good bed sheets only changed once in two weeks and towels only changed three times. both of which were not of very good standard stained and worn.

Any complaints were dealt with immediately very friendly staff.

Location of apartments was fantastic within easy walking distance to both Roda and Acharavi. Two minutes from a pebbly beach ten minutesí walk to sandy beach.

sue, phil , ellie,liam , stayed at Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel, Roda, Greece in June 2010
we have just returned home from a 2weeks holiday from charlies hideaway in corfu roda .when we arrived there i was pleased to see how clean an nice it looked.we had a sc appartment there were very clean in side but basic ,we had a lovely pool veiw from our balcony an the garden was nice n clean .the pools were clean there was a little bridge over the pools it was nice plenty off sun beds .charlie is a nice guy our kids liked him cos he gave them free games of pool n free icecreams ,the food was nice there aswell .the maids came to change the towels n clean ur rooms 3 or 4 a week that was good .charlie would do anything for you .but if anyone is thinking of going to charlies hideaway ...
i would take a torch with you. cos the beach road to charlies is very dark there is not much for kids to do but our kids enjoyed we had a fab time at roda i would go again

Tour Operator: coop

duke stayed at Venus Studios & Apartments, Roda in May 2010
Just retuned home from a 2 week holiday in corfu at Charlie\'s Hideaway. I was very pleased on arrival how nice the appartments looked and how lovely and clean it was, we had a balcony with table & chairs over looking the pools and garden. All pools were very clean and well looked after. I would go there again not much to do for kids, but my kids still loved it anyway. Charlie is a nice guy he would do anything for you. The kids liked Charlie because he was always gave them free ice-cream and games of pool.but if anyone is thinking of going i would take a torch with you because the walk from the beach road to charlies is very dark but we had a great holiday

Tour Operator: co.op

Hayley & Matt stayed at Venus Studios & Apartments, Roda in July 2008
On the third day of our 2week holiday early hours of the morning our apartment flooded due to a birst water pipe there was 2 inches of water on the floor through out the entire apartment, alot of our belongings were damaged. The pipe was fixed later on that morning but the oven where the water was coming out from was not replaced untill the 12th day of our holiday.
The hotal cleanliness was ok but we were not provided with many towels and as we were in a ground floor apartment the drain in the bathroom would spit water out onto the floor everytime either you or the people in the apartment above would use the bathroom therfore we had to use a towel to mop up the water! then we were left with one towel to share which was ...
not very nice or hygenic to say the least.

location was great, nice walk to Roda along the beach front.
We would not return to these apartments but if we did we would try and get a top floor apartment.

Tour Operator: first choice

Victoria and Danny had a holiday at Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel, Roda, Greece in September 2007
We stayed in room 4 and found it to be very basic but clean. Two single beds that we pushed together, a small kitchenette that we never used and a bathroom (more like a wetroom). The cleaners came twice during our week stay and they only swept the floors and emptied the bins. We sometimes emptied the bins ourselves and mopped the bathroom after a shower. Despite the cleaning problems we had a really good holiday.

The pool was superb and the bar was good too. There was a bit of noise however by 1am it had reduced and we could sleep well-normally we were out after this time anyway!!

Tour Operator: Libra

n.gibson stayed at Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel in July 2007
Arrived at 06.00 on a Saturday morning. The noise from the traffic was that bad it woke us 2 hours later.
The room on arrival was clean and very basic.
We was told by our neighbours that the room would only been cleaned once a week, and she was\'nt far from right- we had to empty our bin ourselves and put it in a bin located on the nearby road. We had NO cleaner come in at all during our stay, which meant washing the 2 towels we had been left.
Been on a main road we hardly slept due to the noise from traffic and bar music completely throughout the night- noise stopped 4-6am wow!
The main road had no paths and had 2 way traffic and was as wide as a typical 1 way srt in our country- walking was very ...
dangerous- life in your own hands.
On a positive note-
Situated close to beach and amenities
The pool and bar was very good, although drimks were expensive compared to the other bars. Bar staff very pleasant and made us feel very welcome. Would return to Sidari but not same place to stay.

Tour Operator: libra

cummins had a holiday at Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel, Roda in July 2007
we stayed in room 2, it was very basic but clean. It had clean sheets and 2 clean towels. The cleaners came once a week to change towels and sheets, they washed floors and emptied bins.We emptied bins ourselves in the second week which wasn\'t to hard.(I just asked Alex for a bin bag and put the bin next to the wall, it was moved by Brad I think.
The location is spot on, you are central for the beach and bars.
The Venus is run by Greek family Alex and his wife Angela, their daughter Vicky, and their friend Brad they are all very friendly and very approachable.
Yes I would stay at the Venus again.

Tour Operator: libra

vicki stayed at Venus Studios & Apartments in July 2007
just returned from Charlie\'s and really miss it already!!! I wish I had taken his job offer and stayed!!! I really can\'t say anything bad about the apartments as they were cleaned daily and were very spacious...except from the bathroom. One of the best things about the Venus is that they really make you feel at home...Charlie is like a dad, who looks after everyone and Flori is like your big annoying brother...especially when he draws on your back while eating, tries to trip you over and is always trying to give you a chinese burn (which is strange considering he is Albanian!). Really missing the great weather, great food and great company!!!

Ray Crowther had a holiday at Venus Studios & Apartments in June 2007
Cleanliness of apartment and rest of complex was excellent. The food Charlie cooked was to a good standard. Would recommend hia sirloin steak, pork and lamb chops(yum yum). Location was ideal,under 10 minutes from hotel to Roda, nice walk along the front. All the staff were excellent, Charlie the owner/chef, Flori was great a barman, waiter, maintenance man and a joker to boot. I would definately recommend the Venus apartments and will hopefully be returning next year.

Tour Operator: First Choice

EMMA CARTER visited the Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel, Roda, Greece in June 2007
Me and my friend stayed at this hotel in room 3 and it was disgusting, I have never stayed in such a smelly and unclean hotel in my life. Our bathroom stunk the bar was pretty expensive too.

While on our stay there were a few couples that got moved out of room 3 because of the smell.

I would not recommend these apartments to anyone at all.

Tour Operator: LIBRA

Mark and Gail stayed at Venus Studios & Apartments, Roda in June 2007
We booked late and this holiday was inexpensive.

The apartment was basic although we had two bedrooms and there was only two of us!

There was a leak in the kitchen I think from next doors shower, but when we spoke to someone it was soon fixed.

The pool area was nice and there was never too many people about. Music was played loudly from the pool bar and quite relentlesley, no good if you fancy a doze! There was a jacuzzi next to the pool but this was not working!The bar was okay for a daytime drink but was much to hot at night like a greenhouse due to no air- conditioning.

We were situated close to the town. 10 minutes walk. The mosquitos were a bugger and i would recomend anyone going to corfu in the height of the season to take ...
plenty of sprays. Plug in repellents for the room are a good idea.

There\'s not much chance of getting a courtesy room at this complex. Our flight was early morning and we had to be out of our apartment at noon the bus didnt fetch us until 2.10am we felt like gypsies, camped out around the pool for about 13 hours. There was a tatty shower room provided for us, if we paid 10 euros each. It had no shower curtain, a rusty mirror and the floor was flooded due to a blocked drain. our last day at this complex was horrible and we feel that it spoilt the holiday.

We arrived home worn out and stressed. Not the way you wish to return from a holiday.

I would not reccommend this place to friends. But young people on a budget would be ok if they just slept there and spent all their time in the town, which we thought was great.

Geri & Ben had a holiday at Venus Studios & Apartments, Roda in June 2007
I arrived (middle of the night) with my son after a long journey.

I have never been to Greece before and I must admit the apartment we stayed in was fantastic!

It was an ideal base for us to either stay at the complex and relax, my son easily amused himself at the pool with other friendly holidaymakers.

The cleanliness was great though I only got my bedding and towels changed once in the week I was there. I had a fault with my fridge door but this was amended promptly.

There is no entertainment but the location is very good, having the choice to go to either Roda town or Acharavi, ten min max in both directions.

The staff were friendly though there were only Charlie (owner) and Flori so understandably they do get a bit stressed at times but overall good service.

Overall, ...
it is a great base, the choice is yours to eat in the complex (food great!!) or eat in town or in your apartment.

The scenery surrounding this place is spectacular and has made my first visit to Greece a very happy one, in fact, Im looking to book again very soon!!

sonia ward visited the Venus Studios & Apartments in June 2007
we returned from corfu on 14july 07,we can recommand these apartments they were cleaned daily it has a big pool and nice gardens and were very quiet charlie and florri were great we would stay there again there were plenty of places where to go to eat there was no entertainment at all the location was great

Laura Needham visited the Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel in May 2007
Well what can I say about this accommodation, poor very poor, the wardrobe smelt musty/rancid (I tried to air it out but still it smelt, informed the owner who said \"what can I do\", I even tried air freshner but it still did not work). The mini oven was broken (the handle and oven itself) and didn\'t work the whole time I was there, considering its self catering you\'d have thought that everything would be in working order.

Also whilst there, there was torrential rain/thunder/hailstones which lasted the whole day, thus being on 17th May, water came gushing into my studio, luckily there was a mop otherwise I would have been knackered and my clothese would\'ve been ruined.

I had to put all the towels on the floor near the door (and had to use one that ...
I\'d taken from the UK) to suppress the water coming in (there was no guttering on the edge of the roof outside my studio).

The Cleaners did not do a proper job either they only changed my sheets twice, once when I got there and once in the second week, they did not mop the floor and simply sweeped it (you don\'t normally go away on holiday to clean and mop your room continuously).

The light fittings were also poor and a shade was missing from one bed side light and the walls seemed like they\'d not had a touch of paint on them for sometime.

If anyone is staying here, I would suggest you only eat breakfast there and spend the rest of the day outside the accommodation i.e. trips etc, eat in the vast array of restaurants too, then back to change to go out in the evening to one of the numerous bars along the main road.

I would suggest the following is undertaken to bring the accommodation up to a reasonable standard:-

1. Add guttering to the roof outside Room 4 (above the door).
2. Arrange for the cooker in Room 4 to be repaired.
3. Ensure that the cleaners are cleaning the rooms properly.
4. Arrange for new lightshades/fittings to all the lights in the room(s).
5. Generally all rooms should be re-painted.
6. A bracket for the shower head to fit into.

If the above works were carried out I may consider going back to stay there again, otherwise I\'m going elsewhere in the resort.

Regards,
Laura Needham

Tour Operator: Libra Holidays

The 3 Manchester Gals visited the Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel, Roda, Greece in June 2006
Venus Apartments - Roda - Corfu
This was my first package holiday, which at the age of 29 is quite tragic I know, however I went with 2 mates who are veteran package holidayers!

One of my mates is 40 the other 33. What we wanted was a nice chilled girly holiday. We arrived at Corfu airport at about 11.30pm and were whisked onto our coach, where our wonderful First Choice rep Collette, told us a few bits and pieces and handed us a useful numbers and bits of info filled envelope. We arrived at our accomodation at around midnight (Roda time) and it was flippin warm!

We were greeted by Florri (unsure of spelling), who we soon realised was a very hardworking waiter at the complex. He showed us to our mini villa and we walked in to what ...
can only be described as a lovely quaint mini ski lodge. 2 bedrooms, double downstairs with a veranda which overlooked a very well kept garden and massive pool and an upstairs gallery with 2 singles. A little kitchen diner and a bathroom with shower.

Needless to say 3 girls, with 3 lots of clothing and shoes, the accomodation was more than adequate for our needs. I got the double bed, being a smoker I blagged that I wouldn\'t smoke in the house and only on the veranda! What a result! Woke up the next morning, opened the french doors and was faced with what can only be described as a picture postcard of chilled ville! It wasnt long till we all went exploring the complex and then what was surrounding it.

The complex sub headed Charlies Hideaway, was just that. An oasis just off a dusty road by the sea (although it was a pebbly beach) which was a mere 2 minute walk away. The view from the top of the road over the sea was intense.

There were green mountains topped with slight white clouds (the Gods??) and I almost felt like I was transported into some Greek mythological novel! The complex did great food and they had Greek nights, (massive tv as the world cup was on) and cheap booze. Florri and Charlie were very helpful and lovely and one night we had a meal there which was a barbeque, the plates were huge! (10 euros a head).

Other than eating and drinking (which we did a fair amount of) we were chilling by the pool, on comfy sunloungers (of which there were plenty) as Florri brought us drinks.

When we left the complex, Charlie and Florri helped us on to the coach and gave us all a hug and kiss and made us wish we were staying for longer than a week. (even though it was about 1 in the morning!)

Tour Operator: First Choice

Tracey, Stefan and Joe stayed at Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel, Roda, Greece in May 2006
We have just returned from 2 weeks in Sidari, we started out in the Venus Studios/Music Bar. This was the worst accomodation we\'ve ever stayed at.

On arrival we were just told to go up to apartment 1 and the key was in the door, nice. The floor hadn\'t been swept or mopped, the furniture was damaged and had bits missing and we are almost certain the bed linen had not been changed from previous occupants! We were also supplied 2 hand towels for 3 people...? When we asked for more towels we were told to buy them from a local shop!?? Ah well we thought we\'d make the best of a bad start and that the bed linen and bins would be done soon (i mean loo bins, come on). No chance. 4 days ...
on towels were dirty, we had to use one as a mat as the shower and toilet leaked. The toilet seat didn\'t fit the toilet and you got pinched everytime you sat down. My son got an eye infection which we are sure was caused by the dirty bedding. We kept asking the owner when the room would be cleaned and at least empty the LOO bins, he kept saying twice a week. It never happened.

The wardobe smelt damp and fusty so we couldn\'t even unpack and the so called \'self catering\' facilities were extremely poor. Cutlery (what there was of it) was dirty. Quite honestly I wouldn\'t put my dog in these studios, they need gutting. 5 days on we gave up and moved to the Akti Aphrodite which was a really lovely hotel, at our own expense. We have posted a review on here separately as it deserves a great review. As for the venus studios avoid it. the Venus bar and pool area are nice but it didn\'t make up for the filthy accomodation. This accomodation is NOT suitable for children because of the road out front. you actually have to walk on the road to get to your apartment, and the cars and coaches make this quite scary.

If you have booked this accomodation, change it if you can, its appalling, if you can\'t, go and see the people in the akti aphrodite, they will be pleased to help.

Tour Operator: Sky Holidays

Julie and Stuart had a holiday at Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel in September 2005
It was lovely to stay in a small hotel-only 18 rooms in total. Had beautiful views from our front door which was lovely.

Charlie is a very good cook-his club sandwich was a favourite of ours and all the staff were friendly.

We were lucky with the pool facilities-it was large, comprising of a Jacuzzi, Children\'s and large adult pool. Plenty of Sun loungers-no fight for them in the morning which was nice!!

Went out into Roda town most nights so not sure what the entertainment was like in the bar but we arrived in the last but one week of shutdown so I guess in peak season there would have been more entertainment going on.

The Apartments were located within walking distance of the bars and restaurants. Our room had a fridge and hob and grill however we went out for ...
food and so did not use these facilities. The room were basic but clean.

Tour Operator: First Choice

Mr and Mrs Collins visited the Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel, Roda, Greece in September 2005
Charlie is an excellent chef, especially the lamb chops! Service from staff was outstanding. Charlie welcomed us and went out of his way to meet all our needs and nothing was too much trouble.
When we went fishing during our stay, he even borrowed us fishing rods then cooked the fish we\'d caught for dinner that evening!

Pool and garden area was of very high quality.

Thanks for the great holiday Charlie and look forward to visiting again x

We travelled with First Choice.

Darren and Pauline

Tour Operator: First Choice

Jackie, Aaron, Fran & Craig visited the Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel, Roda, Greece in August 2005
The rooms were clean when we got there which is always nice, very basic but thats all we paid for so no complaints.

There was a small kitchen where you could prepare food, but we only used the fridge in the end. The staff were great, Charlie the owner was so cute, he made the best BLT & Steak an Onion butty I\'ve ever tasted!

The bar staff were also good fun, they took time and got to know you enough to know your name, one even recognised us on a night out! There was no entertainment at the hotel apart from the odd football match, the the staff kept us amused with their quick whit.

The hotel location was good, just a stroll from the beach and the bars, so it was nice an ...
quiet of a night, no music or any other disturbance. The only down side was the lighting on the walk back to the hotel of a night, this was quite scary as it was pitch black.

Apart from that all was good.

Becky and Rick visited the Venus Studios & Apartments Hotel in July 2005
Venus studios was great, it had a baby pool, a jacquzzi, and a big pool.

The rooms were kept clean. The food was gorgeous Charlie is such a good cook. We were very happy with everything at the venus.

The bar staff Flori, Charlie, Dimetri, and Alberto were so friendly they made us feel so welcome and they will go out of their way to make you happy.