24 independent reviews of the Mimosa Hotel
Mimosa Hotel Location
Ranked #41 of 49 hotels in Sidari

Mimosa Hotel Mimosa Hotel is rated 3.21 out of 5 from 24 Reviews

Mimosa Hotel Reviews

"Excellent hotel with friendly staff"
Karen had a holiday at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari in May 2011
We have just returned from a two week stay at the Mimosa and loved every minute of it and can't wait to return next year.

The food is excellent, a choice of four starters, four main and three desserts, with a mixture of Greek, English and a vegetarian option. Breakfast is a self service buffet, with toast, choice of cereals, Greek yoghurt, fruit salad, and two hot dishes which alternate each day, between bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, sausages, fried eggs. The food always arrived hot and well presented. We did actually eat out twice on an evening, but only because the hotel is so cheap you can afford to sample other eating places, and we enjoy trying different foods.

The location of the hotel cannot be beaten, just a stones throw from the beach. If you leave the hotel and turn ...
right you have the main strip with bars and restaurants, who all do lots of tribute acts and some of them are really good, leave the hotel and turn left you have Canal D'Amour with quieter bars and very picturesque scenery.

The hotel consists of three blocks, we stayed in the front block with a sea view, we never had an issue with the noise, as there are shutters on the balcony doors which are very effective at blocking any noise. The bars have to turn their music down after midnight and police do drive round ensuring this is done, we were never kept awake during our whole fortnight.

The hotel has swimming pools at both the front and rear of the hotel, and are very clean. We did prefer the pool at the back as it was more private and slightly larger for swimming. The pools were cleaned every morning.

The staff are just so friendly and helpful. We had clean towels every day and our bed was changed every other day. The new entertainment manager was really good, we spent more nights in the hotel having a good laugh than we have ever done on a holiday. We even played bingo and won, which is well worth winning.

All in all, we had a brilliant time at the hotel and will be returning next year.

Paula had a holiday at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari, Greece in July 2010
I stayed at this hotel with my friend and her parents. It is a half board hotel. The food is good, you get a choice of 4 starters, 4 main courses and then the dessert of the day. The food was quite repetitive, during our stay the dessert of the day was Creme Caramel 5 times!

The hotel staff are absolutely amazing giving credit to the 2 Georges in the restaurant and the 2 ladies on reception. They are all very friendly.

The location is ideal with the hotel being situated directly opposite the beach and on the edge of all the shops and bars, although it can be noisy when you are trying to sleep.

The hotel do offer an entertainment programme but it isn't supported by many of the guests as the hotel is so close to the beach / bars.

Glenn Family had a holiday at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari in July 2007
We booked this holiday as a late booking due to the poor weather here in the UK!!
The hotel was clean.
However the rooms are very basic.
There were 2 single beds and bunk beds in our room. Bathroom was on the small side too.
Aircon didn\'t seem to have a lot of power, which was extra as was the safe.
Food was not great, therefore we ate out most of the time.
I would recommend if you are using the pool area you purchase your soft drinks and crisps and snacks from the local supermarket. The hotel charge 1.50 euro\'s for a can of Fanta and the same for a bag of crisps.
The co-op around the corner charged 1.99 for 4 cans of fanta!
The pools were clean and you could always get a sun bed. If using the pool at the front of ...
the hotel, you will get the sun in all areas at some point in the day. The hottest part is against the wall running along the front of the hotel.
The location is excellent, we had no problems with noise. The bars are forced to close for 10 days if they are found to be playing loud music late at night.
The beach is across the road and is great. Very shallow and we did see a life guard.
We found most of the reception staff are english and were helpful when required.
Waiting staff were all friendly.
Entertainment is not great, and they do all travel around the different bars!
This hotel is ideal for a week, I would not want to stay for 2 weeks due to the rooms being basic, and on the small side.

Tour Operator: Olympia

carol and family had a holiday at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari in June 2007
we stayed half board at this hotel, the food was hot, there was a chioce of 2 starters 2 main courses and 2 puddings, this was all served to your table, not buffet style. stopped me over eating, the food was basic but we always found something to eat.the waiters were very nice, we left just one tip at the end of the holiday.
the hotel is kept fairly clean, although the mattresers were very stained, the bed squeeked every time you turned over, my son had to sleep on a very very old fold up bed.the balcony had not been brushed for a long time. the bathroom was basic.
we paid extra for the air conditioning, it was very niosy but did drown out the niose of the road at night.
there are 2 parts to ...
this hotel the part above the reception has been refurbished, but the rest of the rooms are in need of some work.
the staff were quite nice and helpful.
the hotel is situated across the road from the
beech.
the entertainment is basic, but we found the entertainment better in the many bars.
i would not visit this hotel again unless it had all been refurbished.

Kerry stayed at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari in August 2006
I must say looking at all the different reviews on this hotel i was worried but these fears where not not to have worried about!

I visited Sidari 10 years ago and I must say it has changed dramatically!! Very built up and commercialised if you want a more authentic holiday then I would recommend Kassiopi!!

The hotel itself was very very clean the maids were there everyday and very polite!! The bar staff and waiters were not the happiest Greek people I have ever met but then what do you expect when they work all the hours god sends for pennies!! Spiros the little waiter was lovely and also very good with entertaining my 3 year old daughter!

The food was either very very nice or not to my taste so a few nights we dined out but then that's all part ...
of the holiday experience!

The pool at front of the hotel was cleaned every day and very nice!!

We paid extra for a sea view room and we did get it but it was directly above the hotel bar!! Very noisy and not the best with a 3 year old but we made the most of that situation!!

When out and about the town, the Three Little Pigs restaurant is a must and also Shakers bar - excellent for kids, there is a large play area out the back!! Also make sure you visit Cala d\'amour it is a 10 minute walk and breathtaking!!!!!!

Tour Operator: Thomson

Jo and Maxine had a holiday at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari in June 2006
On arrival was shown to a tiny room with a double bed, which was not appropriate for two single girls. Back at reception when we said that we were not happy we were promptly moved to a different room.

From there on in things only got better, apart from the air conditioning unit (for which you had to pay extra) which continued to leak all over the floor despite repeated attempts to have it fixed.

Food was ok, staff were very friendly and at the end of the day you get what you pay for and it was a cheap holiday.

Wouldn\'t recommend you stay here without a sturdy pair of earplugs!!

Tour Operator: lastminute.com

Steph visited the Mimosa Hotel in June 2006
After reading some of the reviews before travelling to Hotel Mimosa I didn't know what to expect as it was a varied selection of review.

Upon my arrival the receptionist was very unpolite and did not tell us when breakfast and dinner was, I just put it down to it being so late. From then on to me it seemed to get worse, the room was small and a tiny bathroom, when I got told it was only a basic room I didn't think it would be so literally.

The food at breakfast was a good selection I thought personally, thats if you like toast and English breakfast. For dinner I thought the starters were nice but didn't enjoy the main course.

The entertainment was aimed at the older visitor as there was bingo and an older comedian.

Also if you like DVD\'s ...
and CD\'s you won\'t mind the street sellers that come round to the hotel while your relaxing trying to sell you anything and everything.

If you are looking for a cheap last minute get away this is the place to go but if you have been saving up I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Tour Operator: First choice

Mark & JacQui stayed at Mimosa Hotel in May 2006
A last minute deal, booked before I read the previous reports from 2005. I have always found the reports on this site to be very good.....but...I\'m glad to say not this time.

We were in two rooms overlooking the fountain with the pool to the right and the sea about 100 yards away. We have travelled alot, including Barbados, and I can honestly say that this was one of the best value for money holidays ever.

The food, waiters, rooms and location were great. Mike the owner, Alan entertainment organiser, Stella on reception and George the assistant manager were extremely friendly and helpful. The waiters always had a smile, even at breakfast in the morning. If you wanted a full cooked breakfast is was

Tour Operator: Direct Holidays

Karen & Arthur had a holiday at Mimosa Hotel in May 2006
We did\'nt expect much from this hotel after reading other reports on it, but I can only say, if you get a chance to stay there then go for it!

All the staff were really friendly and helpful, from the cleaners up to the owner. The hotel facilities are excellent and the food is lovely, if you stay half board, on the evening menu you have a choice of 5 starter, 5 main courses and 5 deserts, and there is something for everyone, from english to italian, and of course.. greek. If there is a night and you don\'t like anything, they will happily give you something from the main hotel menu.

We could\'nt fault the location of the hotel. We are definately going back next year!

Tour Operator: Thomas Cook

KYLIE DAVIS stayed at Mimosa Hotel in July 2005
We went to the Mimosa for our honeymoon and wished we hadn\'t bothered. The evening meals were not good at all and often cold and if you are a vegetarian I think you would rather starve then eat what they have to offer. We didn\'t bother getting the breakfast there if it was anything like dinner not worth the hassle.

The apartment was ok for a base, apart from the cockroach nest in the stool. The bins were changed daily and the shower mopped but we had no clean towels or bed sheets for our whole stay.

The balcony was not that good either overlooked the miniature crazy golf course at the hotel.

I work for a travel agents and will definitely not be recommending this hotel to anyone.

Tour Operator: MED HOTELS

mr g wharton stayed at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari, Greece in July 2005
We found that the hotel was not very clean. Maid came in every day but just to make the beds.

Our bathroom was filthy tiles and glass shelf not cleaned towels changed every few days. We had to pay for English breakfast in morning.

Evening meals not up to much. Chips and things were
normally cold. Most staff were good and helpful.

Entertainment cant really say we went out every night
would not recommend this hotel

Tour Operator: panarama

Mrs M Summerill had a holiday at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari, Greece in July 2005
Hotel was dirty ants in the room for two weeks. Balcony covered in dirt which was never cleaned. Bathroom remained dirty for the two weeks.

Food was awful and always cold, that's when the waiters decided that they would serve you.

Would never go back to hotel again!!!!

Tour Operator: Panorama

laura stayed at Mimosa Hotel in July 2005
After going to Sidari in 1997 we were very much looking forward to our return.

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted on arrival with the friendly manager although were not told what time breakfast, dinner were at, where our room was etc.

While we were there we were impressed with the cleanliness of our room and how friendly the bar staff are and the entertainment man who did the quiz etc. I appreciate the fact that the waiters have to work very long shifts but each evening we found ourselves being served by one who looked thoroughly annoyed every night - and made us feel very intimidated.

The food was disappointing and the vegetarian option was bland bland bland. We also kept getting electric shocks from our showers - the worrying thing being that when we complained about ...
it they weren\'t really that concerned even though it is a serious safety issue.

Our air conditioning also flooded the room which again was treated lightly until I asked someone from reception to come and see it leaking and eventually we were moved and refunded half our deposit.

Tour Operator: Thomson

holly visited the Mimosa Hotel, Sidari, Greece in June 2005
We stayed in the new Markos building and had a fab time!

The rooms were cleaned daily,the bathrooms were basic but adequate. Location was excellent, close to everything.

Staff were all helpful and friendly and accommodating, food was varied and there was also a childrens menu, counting down, 14 weeks and 1 day, until we return!!

Tour Operator: panorama

Natalie visited the Mimosa Hotel in July 2004
I went to the Mimosa hotel last year and can honestly say it was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

I am very fussy but i ate the lovely food every evening!!and the staff are fantastic!!

Would definitely go back. Ignore all the bad reports you read about it because its not true!!

Excellent location to stumble back to after a hard nights drinking!!

Tour Operator: my travel

Gemma had a holiday at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari, Greece in July 2004
I stayed in this hotel with my fiances family. The maids came in most days, although the floor was always dirty. Had to put flip flops on when coming out of the shower. The staff didn\'t seem to talk much and made no effort to make conversation. On arrival, were given the key but not shown where to go or told meal times. The entertainment was ok what we saw of it. Bingo night was good for a laugh. Location was excellent. Just across the road from the beach with the tavernas to your right along with the shops.

Tour Operator: Airtours

juugster visited the Mimosa Hotel, Sidari in June 2004
The mimosa was very clean, the staff were hardworking and helpful. the evening meals were good but the
breakfast was of poor quality,mean in quantity and a \'scrum\' for coffee/tea and toast. The location was great in terms of the beach but the front of the hotel is very close to the road, a taxi rank and several bars. The noise was unbearable til about 4 am and as for the \'entertainment\' bingo and karaoke followed by more bingo and karaoke and a greek night where the dancers are more bored by their performance than the audience. Every extra at this hotel is charged for - even a poor quality english breakfast. I wouldn\'t recommend this hotel if you want to sample unspoiled greek culture - if you want bingo, karaoke and chips this is the place for you!

r peary stayed at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari, Greece in June 2004
Very much as expected - 2 star and you get what you pay for. \'Continental\'Breakfast disappointing - one only of croissant, egg on toast, yoghurt or conflakes. Evening meal - food usually very good - however, smoking is allowed in dining room - small section only for non-smokers - would have thought this would work better in reverse or, ideally, no smoking at all. Evening entertainment good; however, again let down by the fact of no dance floor facility.
Excellent location. All in all, good value for money.

Carly had a holiday at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari in June 2004
I went to the Mimosa Hotel just 2 weeks ago, and am already missing it lots!. I very much enjoyed my stay and would definately go back again!

I thought the staff were very friendly and always love to come and chat! Its great and they are all lovely.

I think the food was very good, and occasionally I tried the vegetarian menu. I also thought that the vegetarian was very nice, even though it was nearly the same every day.

The location of the hotel was great too! Even though it is in the centre of the town and is nearly surrounded by pubs and bars, it isnt really that loud! We bought a baby on our holiday and they got to sleep fine.

I thought the entertainment in the hotel was good, but could go round ...
on a 2 week roter, as people that stay for 2 weeks get the same entertainment twice, even though the Greek night was very good!

Tour Operator: Thompson

alan unsworth had a holiday at Mimosa Hotel, Sidari, Greece in June 2004
Me and my family stayed at this hotel for the second time running we really love it. The hotel staff can\'t do enough for you, the food is good also the entertainment, Alan works really hard to entertain everyone. The location is great you got the best of both worlds here,you can have it rowdy in the area of Sidari or quiet in the Canal De Mour area. The rooms are basic but spotless clean and the maids are always around if you need clean linen or towels.Can\'t wait to go back next year for third time.

Tour Operator: med hotels