4 independent reviews of the Filokalia Studio's
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Achladies

Filokalia Studio's Filokalia Studio's is rated 4.25 out of 5 from 4 Reviews

Filokalia Studio's Reviews

"Fabulous"
Richard Binns had a holiday at Filokalia Studio's Hotel, Achladies, Greece in July 2012
I have been going to Skiathos for some twenty years, these appartments are the best I have stayed at. They are set back from the main road so no traffic noise. Some of the appartments have a steep climb to them but the view is worth it. The appartments are very well looked after,bar and pool area is staffed constantly.

Achladies is a very good central area to stay, ten min strole to beach, five mins to supermarket and bakery.

First time I have been in early August and to be honest I found it a bit too hot. Skiathos is a fabulous Island.

Elsie & Bob Fish stayed at Filokalia Studio's, Achladies in August 2004
These appartments are absolutely great. They are well furnished and extremely clean and well kept.The position is ideal - nice and peaceful with lovely views.Would definately recommend them.

Tour Operator: Olympic Holidays

Hot Holidays

Lucy had a holiday at Filokalia Studio's, Achladies in July 2004
Filokalia studios were perfect! I booked it as a late deal so wasn\'t expecting too much but it was fantastic. The apartments were clean, relatively cool considering we were there in mid August and very conveniently placed. Most accommodation is on the main road in Skiathos which is a bit noisy but these are set back from the road so there is no noise whilst sunbathing around the pool. The pool bar has everything you need serving light snacks and drinks all day until late in the night with friendly bar staff.

The beach is about 5 minutes walk away and is lovely. One taverna makes fresh pizzas which are just what you need after a hard mornings sunbathing. There is a bit of an uphill walk back to the apartments from the beach but ...
nothing too challenging.

It is a short taxi ride in to Skiathos Town where there are loads are lovely restaurants to choose from. The bar staff suggested a few restaurants to try which turned out to be fantastic and there is a very good restaurant on the harbour (Scuna). Even the corn on the cob you can buy on the streets are worth a try!

Overall it is a very laid back place to visit. I booked it for relaxation and a slow pace of life for a week and got exactly what I asked for. My case didn\'t turn up for 4 days and I was still able to relax and enjoy the holiday! I\'m going back in June and August next year - it\'s just what the doctor ordered.

Tour Operator: Mother

Clare & Julian visited the Filokalia Studio's, Achladies, Greece in August 2003
The road to the Filokalia is very narrow and very winding- so much so that the coach can't get down!

We were met at the top of the road (it was actually only 5 mins but in winter-style England clothes felt A LOT more). It really did take my breath away. It was beautiful, exactly what we had hoped for - quiet, sunny and very clean!!

The rooms at the Filokalia are a little bit on the small side (we had a studio) but it had everything that we needed (cooker, fridge, utensils etc). The maid came everyday and was very keen, even to the point of putting our shoes into little rows (honestly!!). The location of the Filokalia was perfect for us right in the middle of the island with a good bar and shop at the end of the ...
road. Oh and not to forget the to die for cake shop..hmmmmmm.

It cost 5 euros by taxi to get into town, 1 euro on the bus if you dare or 1 euro 50 to get the boat right from the beach at Achladies (about 10 mins from the apartment) which was just a beautiful way to travel at night with all the lights on the island glittering in the sea, except if there is a slight wind it\'s worth bearing in mind that it can get quite choppy in the sea!

The apartment has got a pool bar but it only opened for our first night and then they didn't bother again but to be fair it was nearly the end of the season. The rep was fantastic too nothing was too much trouble for her, we had requested a first floor room (as we weren't sure about security etc) when we booked and there was not one available when we arrived, 4 days into our holiday the rep came round to tell us that a first floor room had become available and did we wish to move rooms? - good eh?

The travel agent told us that we would need a torch for the night but we didn't need it once as the road to the apartment was very well lit all night no matter how late we got in!!!

Tour Operator: Olympic