19 independent reviews of the Ioannis & Dannys Apartments
Address: Alykanas 29100, Greece
Ioannis & Dannys Apartments
Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Location
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Alikanas

Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Ioannis & Dannys Apartments is rated 3.84 out of 5 from 19 Reviews

Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Reviews

BEEM visited the Ioannis & Dannys Apartments, Alikanas, Greece in August 2009
We\'ve just returned from our 3rd stay at Dannys. The first 2 we really enjoyed.This time was spoiled when a pair of new trousers went missing from my wardrobe,I reported this to the owner who contacted the maid.She then escorted me to the room where the maid was waiting ,we looked in the wardrobe only to find the trousers had been returned and were scrunched up under my cardigan.I had only ironed them the night before and they were brand new and I would not treat them like that.Besides, my husband and I had emptied the wardrobe out onto the bed and they were not there.I was told by the owner I was a bad lady for suggesting they had been stolen and she got quite abusive,and made me very upset,I cried for a long time.
I always keep the same ...
clothes I travel out in to travel back home, so on the night before we were due to return I looked for my t-shirt only to find it was missing.This was the only t-shirt I had taken ,all the rest being vest tops,and everyone had seen it on me when we travelled so there was positively no mistake.I never had an apology,but was made to feel I was in the wrong.If the trousers had been an old pair I might not have noticed and if the t-shirt wasn\'t the one I had used for travelling and I had taken more than one I wouldn\'t have known. I will never stay there again,I am disgusted at the way I was treated.

Tour Operator: Thomas Cook

sarah visited the Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Hotel, Alikanas, Greece in May 2009
I have just returned back from this wonderful part of Zante! These apartments are basic but the maid would come almost every day and the floor was always mopped. The staff were always friendly and I am sure if you needed any help they would be very obliging (although we didn\'t). If you expect basic facilities then you will not be dissapointed as the room has the beds, a small kitchen and a seperate bathroom. There is not much room in the kitchen area but you can manage for breakfast and making some rolls etc for dinner.

The location is excellent and only a small walk away from the tavernas, and one in particular is fabulous - Vagi\'s next to DNA, Nikos the owner is brilliant!

The area around the apartments are very well kept and ...
colourful and the pool was lovely. Met some great people there and would definately visit again, in fact, looking for September already!!

Tour Operator: thomas cook

graham visited the Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Hotel in September 2008
the apartment was cleaned once in the week i was there i had 2 clean it myself the rest of the week susan the bar maid was great but i wont comment on the rest of the bar staff i really didnt like them entertainment what entertainment are other guests talking about would go back but would go back to the resort which is beautifull i loved it just not this apartment and glad to say will be back just never never these apartments go give ita try but if you like to get out and about you wont fit in here they (the owners)dont like it and if you go after reading this then more fool you you have been warned.

kim had a holiday at Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Hotel, Alikanas in August 2008
we stayed at the ioannis & dannys i found the hotel very clean and tidy, the staff were excellent they could not do enough for you nothing was any trouble. the entertainment at Dannys Bar was brilliant something on every night from quizzes to pool competitions to karaoke so something for everyone. the greek night was brilliant and def not to be missed and only 7 euros you cold not ask for better entertainment and food plus the staff were lovely. so if your there pop in and have a drink with stellios, aphrodite and susan trust me you will def go back again.
i have only been home for 2 days and i miss the place managed to hold it together on my last night and didnt cry.
will def be back there next year just someone try to stop me!!!!

Tour Operator: thomas cook

gary had a holiday at Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Hotel, Alikanas, Greece in August 2007
the rooms were clean but very basic,towels changed 3 times a week and also beds,air conditioning fab,lovely poolside view,plus view of olive groves the other side,easy walk to the beach and close to all bars and restaurants,bbq and greek dancing on a monday night was well worth the 7 euros we paid food fantastic would go back any day.the staff were the best nothing was too much trouble miss them already.

LINA JONES visited the Ioannis & Dannys Apartments, Alikanas in August 2007
We were a family group of 13. 11 of us (7 adults 4 children) travelled from Leeds,2 of our party had already been in Alykes for 2 weeks prior and were to meet us at our new appartment Ioannis & Dannys in Alykanas.

This was my 6th holiday in Zante (normally Alykes), we decided to try Alykanas for a change and hired jeeps so we could tour the island at our leisure and visit our many Greek friends in Alykes. Can i also point out that i love Zante which is the reason i have visited so many times and will continue to visit despite having a holiday from hell!!

After spending 2 weeks at the appartments i can honestly say i have never experienced such a stressful & dirty holiday!!

In all the previous appartments i have stayed at in Alykes ...
the bed sheets and towels are changed every 2 days. The bed sheets were changed after the first 2 days and then they were left for 4-5 days. The towels on the second week were changed once, and so we were having to use the beach towels when showering.

The floors were run over with a mop, never were they swept and the balcony was only cleaned 3 days before we left - this was only because we were in the room when the cleaner arrived!! The balcony table and side cabinets were never wiped and had cup marks on them from the previous family who had stayed in the room. We had ants climbing all over our things and i had to buy some insect repellent and spray this everywhere in our room (including the shower tray, plug holes and around both doors). My daughter woke one morning to find ants climbing on her toothbrush (this was immediatley thrown away)!!! We ended up keeping everything we used for hygenine purposes in the fridge along with the food. My partner had been in the bathroom and noticed they had thrown bleach on the floor, he only noticed because it had bleached his socks. When i went in you could feel a powdery substance on the floor which must have been the bleach, it had not been mopped properly. Im just glad my daughter had not walked in there with nothing on her feet. She had a cut on her toe and i can only imagine what the pain would have been like if she had got bleach in it.

My brother and his daughter did not receive any clean towels or bed sheets until he mentioned it to the rep.

A few days into the holiday we were told that my 2 of our party were not supposed to be at the appartments and we had to show all our booking tickets and passports to the rep. This was eventually settled until the end of the first week.

Altogether we had 4 rooms, 3 booked in one name and the 4th was booked in another name. The 4th room was the only room that had not wanted air conditioning, we had paid for 2 weeks in the other 3 rooms which was 70 euro per room. After the first week we were then told 2 of our rooms had only paid for one week! Again we all had to go down to the shop to sort this out as all together we had paid 210.00 euro for 3 airconditioning units for 2 weeks. After explaining this in the shop they again said 2 of our party should not be in the appartments and again we had to go and get our passports and booking tickets. Our rep told us \'well im in the middle youl have to sort it out yourselves with the owners!!\'.

We were warned about making too much noise and a rep came into our room and was extreamly rude. Saying if we didnt keep the noise down we would be asked to leave. This was on the second night!! The first evening 2 of our party had had a few drinks and were loud which we discussed and agreed to keep the noise level low. The second evening my brother had had words with his 16 year old daughter and she had stormed out of the room. After this we kept quiet and kept to ourselves.

What they didnt seem to mind was other families arguing in their rooms. They also didnt mind other families coming into the appartment block at 2,3 sometimes 4 on a morning drunk and making loads of noise. They also didnt mind the noise level from the bar at 2 and 3 on a morning. We were on the top floor in the appartments furthest from the bar and we could hear them.

We also reported to the rep that the owner had taken it upon himself to use his master key and go into our rooms whenever he wished. We were told this was because they thought we had 2 people in the rooms that had not paid and this would no longer happen. It would have made more sense if they had asked us and sorted the situation out at the beginning rather than just wondering into our room. One of these times my 16 year old niece and her friend were alseep in bed, luckily they were wearing pjs. Another time he came in when i had only just finished getting changed.

When visiting the shop my sister in law had yet another heated discussion with the owner, she had cashed a 200 euro travellers cheque and they had given her 95 euro short!! Luckily she had re counted this out in front of them before leaving the counter. They insisted they had given her the correct money, until she asked them to get the travellers cheque out and give her it back. They then gave her the other 95 euro. My niece also visited the shop and purchased a drink for 2 euro. She paid with a 20 euro note and they gave her 8 euro change, she also had a heated discussion until they gave her the correct change. This all happened in the first few days!! Then they tried to get us to pay for another weeks air condidioning that we had already paid for. My parnter went for milk, the lady in the shop insisted he had the incorrect milk and tried to get him to buy another brand that was dearer. Hence the reason that after the first few days we kept well away from the shop and took our business elsewhere.

If you ever stay in Ioannis & dannys and hire a car, Do Not drive through the front enterance where there is a sign that says parking. Make sure you find the rear enterance other wise the owners will make it clear it is not acceptable. We were told eventhough their is a drive way leading to the car park and a sign pointing you to the car park that says \'parking\' on it, that we had to go round the back. This however did not stop the owners from letting all other cars hired by holiday makers drive through that way without batting an eyelid.

From the overall impression i received i would say if you are staying at the ioannis & dannys and are prepared to spend all day every day at the pool and spend your money in the shop, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. If however, you are wanting a more packed holiday and like us spend days seeing the sights, visitng the beaches they i would say stay clear as they will insist your a problem.

After all this i do have to say that the staff in the bar and the pool bar were nice and the pool is lovely. I do have to point out out though - steer clear of the free nuts from the bar. The bowls are re-filled every so often weather you have eaten them all or not. They are not re-filled with fresh nuts but with ones from other peoples tables, who have been eating them!! Not suprised some of us fell ill.

Would i return? Definately, as i said before i have lots of friends both Greek and English in Zante and i love the island. Would i return to Ioannis & dannys -definatley not!! Holidays are supposed to be relaxing, after all we work all year just to pay for it. A time for fun, laughter, relaxation with family and friends, not stress and dirt. If id have wanted stress i could have saved my hard earned money and stayed at home.

Tour Operator: MANOS/MYTRAVEL

Jamie visited the Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Hotel, Alikanas, Greece in August 2007
I don\'t see how people can complain about this hotel. it was clean, maids in everyday. Pool area was spotless along with the rest of the hotel.
we went self catering altho you can have snacks throughout the day from the snack bar next to the pool, the food here was good and reasonably priced.
We couldnt have wished for a better location, 2 minute walk from all the bars and restuarants yet not right in the middle of town so you couldnt sleep, and the beach was only a 10 minute walk away.
The staff here couldn\'t help you more, they make you feel very welcome as soon as you arrive, the bar staff especially. The Greek night is not to be missed, its the best one i have been to.

Tour Operator: Aspro

Porter stayed at Ioannis & Dannys Apartments, Alikanas, Greece in August 2007
It is the best place we have ever been to the only place we have ever been twice. We found uot our names in greek thanks to yanis and Louise and i hope we can come back next year love Rhiannon

Ian and Sarah visited the Ioannis & Dannys Apartments in July 2007
good hotel staff more than friendly.entertainment got a bit boring after a bit. beware of the pool competition will be up until 5 in the morning if you are lucky eneogh to get to the final. overall good holiday but resort to small.

Tour Operator: my travel

kelvin evans visited the Ioannis & Dannys Apartments, Alikanas, Greece in June 2007
The rooms were very basic as most are in Greece but were comfortable and clean.

Sheets and towels were changed three times a week. Pool area was spotless, cleaned every morning, good size and with a nice poolside bar for snacks and drinks.

Dannys bar was great and the greek night and bbq was excellent value. The on sight supermarket has everything you need and everything is run from here.

All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. All shops, bars, resteraunts and the beach were just a five minute walk away.

Having read many different reports on this hotel we were a bit worried prior to our holiday, but our minds were soon put to rest when we arrived.

We will certainly be returning to this resort and will stay at this hotel. check out www.dannyshotel.com.

Tour Operator: manos

maria lewis stayed at Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Hotel, Alikanas, Greece in June 2007
The hotel was in a nice location,not far from local tavernas.

We were situated in top floor room in one of the newer blocks,which was very clean cleaner in every day. Shop on premises which was very well stocked and reasonably priced.

Hotel staff were lovely,especially Aphroditie and Yiannis in main bar. Two staff let them down in the pool snack bar,door from the neck up.entertainment although beginning of season was ex,lots of quiz nites\'bingoetc.

Would recommend this place to anyone who wants a lively place to stay,very noisy round pool with groups of younger people fooling around.

Tour Operator: manos

Sam Humphreys had a holiday at Ioannis & Dannys Apartments, Alikanas in August 2006
The hotel rooms were basic but clean. The towels were changed 3 times a week and bedding once a week. We had a pool view and the pool area was spotless.

The hotel location was ideal. It was a couple of minutes walk to the main street which was full of bars and restaurants. However, the bar at Danny\'s was great and stayed open until late. The beach was only a 5 minute walk away and well worth visting.

The service we received from all the staff was second to none. They were really friendly, helpful and excellent with the children. Although we never needed to see our rep, she was available nearly every day.

The Greek night on a Monday at Danny\'s was brilliant and excellent value for money. Only 6 Euros for adults and ...
3 Euros for children.

After reading some of the reviews about Danny\'s we were really apprehensive about going but we met some fantastic people and it was one of the best holidays we have ever had. We would love to go again.

Tour Operator: Manos

julian @maureen had a holiday at Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Hotel in May 2006
Our hotel suroundings pools, gardens ect, were spotless.

Our rooms cleaned every day. The rooom for self catering one of the best, spacious good views.

Pool side bar and food ,service brilant.a family run hotel where nothing is to much trouble when ever needed. We've been four times after going lots of other resorts. Its a must.

Tour Operator: manos

Ioannis and Danny's stayed at Ioannis & Dannys Apartments, Alikanas, Greece in October 2005
After reading many dire reports about this place on line, I was really worried about what I\'d find when myself and my family got there.

We had a studio room which must have been one of the newer rooms I think. It was basic but clean and we had a two ring cooker and a kettle.

Everything was in working order although the traditional lack of a shower curtain caused the shower room to flood every day no matter how careful we were! The room was swept and mopped daily and the bins were emptied.

Sheets were changed once in the week and we had our towels changed 3 times.Being the very end of the season I would say the area around the pool requires maintenance - the odd loose tile etc but I would expect that would be done ...
by the start of the 2006 season?!

We went to their last of the season Greek night which was great value at 6 euros for adults, 3 euros for kids. Lots of barbecued meat, bread and salad and some enthusiastic Greek dancers who encourage you to join in!

We hired a car fully comp from the town for a very reasonable amount and went exploring - it was great to get away from the British-dominated resort and find real Greek villages, olive farms and scenery.

We did do a few of the tourist traps though - the Blue Caves were very pleasant, Zante Town was good to while away an afternoon and, if you have kids, Askos natural park will entertain them.

It seems to be a family run concern in an attractive location with some animals to get close to. All-in-all I would say TRY Ioannis and Danny\'s as it\'s not bad for a budget option - we enjoyed ourselves!

Tour Operator: Manos

george visited the Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Hotel in September 2005
I have never encountered anything like this in over 30 years of holiday\'s abroad. Filthy do not book a holiday here.

Tour Operator: airtours

gavin parr & julitta jablonski visited the Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Hotel, Alikanas in August 2005
The hotel is an absolute disgrace, reasons why
1.the beds were only changed once in two weeks
2.towels were dirty, ripped and old
3.toilet would not flush
4.fridge was leaking water
5.the whole room was filthy

All the above was reported to the rep on several occasions and not one of the complaints were dealt with.

Tour Operator: direct holidays

holdens had a holiday at Ioannis & Dannys Apartments, Alikanas, Greece in August 2005
Dannys apartments are great. This is our 3rd year here, we have so much fun with the owners.

Its very clean and freindly its quit qwiet but anough to do.

They have Greek night on a Monday which is good fun and the beaches are amazing and really clean.

Denise had a holiday at Ioannis & Dannys Apartments in July 2005
The hotel and resort are brilliant. Clean, well maintained and easily accessible.

Located a 5 minute walk away from the beach and about a minute or two from the main street, which isn\'t really that noisy.

Staff and owners of the complex are all friendly and welcoming, would do anything for you.

Entertainment is available almost every night, Greek nights, quiz nights, pool competitions etc.

Would I visit this hotel again? Of course I would, I\'m going back tomorrow for 1 week. Can\'t wait.

Tour Operator: My Travel

G Wakefield had a holiday at Ioannis & Dannys Apartments Hotel, Alikanas, Greece in May 2005
I was worried as there was good and bad reports of these apartments, they were great, only basic cooking, 2 rings.
But was eating out most of the time.

Family that owned it could'nt do enough for you, maid came every day with fresh towels, I left a pan to soak one morning and she washed it for me, bedding changed no problem, no noise after 12.0 clock had a great barbacue there for six euros, good apartments, great resort.

Tour Operator: mytavel