3 independent reviews of the JJ's Guest House
JJ's Guest House Location
Ranked #39 of 40 hotels in Candolim

JJ's Guest House JJ's Guest House is rated 2.33 out of 5 from 3 Reviews

JJ's Guest House Reviews

"Not god at all, very dirty"
Holly day visited the JJ's Guest House Hotel, Candolim, India in March 2012
We have been going to Goa for 20 years, have stayed in a variety of lodgings at varying prices. The cost of the room was £15 a night, however for the uninitiated, it is possible to get basic but clean accommodation for £10 a night or even less, when not busy.

The issues were with the general cleanliness of the room, the safety of the fridge power unit mounted on top of the fridge and the intermittent water flow and temperature of the shower.

Not so good when the toilet seats at the beach shacks are cleaner than the one in your room. And as with all Goan holidays, there is the chance that at some point you will be on your knees praying to the porcelain, well, it wasnít good.

The live power plug at the back of the ...
fridge power unit was unable to be fixed in permanently, as 3 of the 4 retaining clips were broken. We chose to unplug the fridge for safetyís sake.

With regard the shower, we only managed 2 satisfactory uninterrupted showers in 14 days, and this we think was because they were taken before 5.00pm.

What I find frustrating is that the toilet seat and fridge could be resolved without costing a lot of money. There was talk of getting TVís for next year, although soft mattresses and solar powered hot water have been on the list for a while.
Personally I would sooner forgo the TV for a new clean toilet seat. You will hear that a room is only for getting your head down at night, however there is a little bit more to it than that.

Recommended: No

"Really enjoyed it"
linda hatswell had a holiday at JJ's Guest House Hotel in January 2012
We really enjoyed our stay at JJs the staff were so helpful, the place was basic and I didnít see any insects of any kind which was nice.

The food was excellent, I would defiantly stay there again, I would like to thank all the staff at JJs for such an enjoyable stay thanks to you all.

"Absolutely disgusting"
shepherdson visited the JJ's Guest House, Candolim in December 2011
The room was absolutely disgusting, never seen so much dirt under a bed in all my life. The bed linen was full of stains as were the walls and ceiling.

Water just trickled out of the shower and was cold so felt even dirtier not being able to wash properly.

Air con worked for about 10 mins then switched off.
Spoke to the management about everything but he clearly was not interested. I put up with everything there for 2 night's and that was too long.

Would not recommend this place to anyone it was the pit's. This was our 6th time to Goa and by far the worse place we have stayed in.

Recommended: No