3 independent reviews of the Imperial Hotel
Imperial Hotel Location
Ranked #3 of 16 hotels in Sliema

Imperial Hotel Imperial Hotel is rated 4 out of 5 from 3 Reviews

Imperial Hotel Reviews

"Couples, family, old fashion feel."
Melvin O'Brien stayed at Imperial Hotel in June 2013
Lovely hotel, the oldest in Malta, bedrooms could do with updating though, nice pool and small gardens, excellent staff and we enjoyed the food that was well presented. One major problem was when we stayed hotel was full of students so if you are looking for quite check there are none staying on your stay. Hotel only 5 minutesí walk from beach and shops, parking a problem if you hire car as we did so best pay hotel for space. Would return but hopefully without students.

Tour Operator: Booked Independently

Alan Jones stayed at Imperial Hotel, Sliema, Malta in August 2006
What a lovely hotel, I had a lovely time.

Breakfast was very good, lots of choice, 6 types of bread, 3 types of meat 2 of cheese, tomatoes, grapefruit, fresh fruit, preserves, hard boiled eggs and scrambled egg plus a range of cooked b/fast at a small charge.

Lunch and dinner was also very good, dinner was waiter served silver service.

It is a very old fashioned hotel which suited me. Great old fashioned decor. Rooms were fine, the air con was good, towels changed daily.

Bar was not too expensive and the entertainment OK - the versatile lino was not bad on the pianoforte. The country and western duo OK.

The hotel is on a hill but I have returned much fitter, the bus service was good the stop was right outside the hotel.

I will definitely stay there again. I would recommend it to anyone.

Tour Operator: Malta direct

John Isles visited the Imperial Hotel, Sliema, Malta in February 2006
I found that this hotel exceeded my expectations. The building itself, built in 1865, is a gem. The rooms are adequate but bathrooms small, mine was spotless.
The public areas are very impressive with many original features.

The dining room and food would do credit to a 4* place, although a cooked breakfast is at a modest extra charge. The waiter service is impeccable.

There was some entertainment in the form of dancing to CDs, a singer and a pianist.

I cannot comment on the pool facilities being winter (although the pool was available).

The staff were all friendly.

The location on a hill could be a problem for the unfit, although there is a bus stop nearby with a half hourly service to Valletta.

I feel that this hotel would suit older people and not children. Bearing in mind the modest price ...
I consider that the Imperial offers good value to the right clientele and I thoroughly recommend it.

Tour Operator: Chevron