Sun Beach Apartments

• Location
Eddie
Cheap and cheerful.
2 years 9 months ago
Four of us (male) stayed in late April 14, for three nights. We were part of a much larger stag "do" staying elsewhere in Santa Ponsa. The accommodation is VERY basic but suited four blokes on a stag-do. Our rooms were on the third floor at the front of the complex. Towels were changed once, they were clean but well worn. Bathroom / shower dated but functional (plenty of hot water).

The pool area was clean, including a small bar and there were plenty of sunbeds
This complex is ideal if you are here to party. It is situated at the centre of all the action. Close to the beach. It is very noisy all night long and into the morning. All the pubs, clubs and cafes are within staggering distance.

DO NOT CONSIDER if you want to go to bed early and sleep.
8 years 4 months ago
really enjoyed our stay at Sun Beach for the simple reason we were about a 1 minute walk from the beach which was fab and a about another one minute walk from all the action at night!
The pool was nice and there wasn't usually a problem with getting sun loungers....
There was no inhouse entertainment but it didnt matter as there was a bar right next door which put on a show every night .. i think it was called strings.
Although up town was better for younger people as this tended to get slightly familar !
Not much contact with hotel staff during our stay..
No food was served within the hotel while we were there again this didn;t matter as loads of nice places just seconds from the apts.
overall really nice apartments perfect for young group holidays who want to be very close to everything and go out most nights
Sue
9 years 3 months ago
We origionally booked Holiday Center Appartments but our rooms were "broken" we were sent to Sun Beach.
It was clean but shabbby, towels changed evey other day but bed linen not changed for the whole week.
None of the basic self catering appliances (kettle and toaster) were in the rooms these all had to be hired as did the fans as there is no air con.
Right in the heart of the bars and restuarants serving good food. was fairly quiet due to the time of year, there were a few noisy youngters so I would imagine it's not a good place for families in the high season. Pool was fine but no entertainment, the bar within the block was closed.
Jackie is great she runs the the pool bar and serves great food, we had a few drinks and laughs with her.
Overall Santa Ponsa not too bad but wouldnt go to Sun Beach again
M LYNAM
9 years 3 months ago
Would not recommend these to anyone had 3 apartments of which 2 of them were broken into and money taken, lots of other apartments broken into also. Spoke to rep but not very helpful would never go again.
Jacki M
9 years 4 months ago
We had an excellent room on the 8th floor, with a view of the beach and sea. Maid service delivered fresh bedding (although some sheets were tatty & had holes) and towels every other day. Lady receptionist was excellent and gave loads of advice.
We were moved on arrival from our chosen hotel to this one and initially were very pleased as the location is perfect for beach and night life, however rooms are stifling, and if you have the windows open at night you will not get to sleep until after 6am when the noisy bars finish. Did not visit the pool on site as it was surrounded daily by young lads drinking and larking around and with 2 youngsters it was not ideal as their language was choice. Visited the Watering Hole instead which had a great pool and staff and meals were excellent value. Would only revisit out of season as resort is excellent.
Sparky
9 years 4 months ago
The hotel was centrally located close to the beach and the Irish quarter. I would imagine the lower floors could get quite noisy. Luckily we managed to get a room on the 6th floor well back from the street and never noticed too much noise. The room was basic though clean enough. The corridors etc less so. Never spent a great deal of time in the hotel. We only realy used it as a base and someplace to sleep.
L. Higgins
9 years 4 months ago
We stayed at The Sun Beach Apartments in August 2007 for two weeks. It was myself, my husband and my 12 year old son. We are not old only in our 30's and found this place awful!

It is a PARTY hotel for 18-25 year olds that NEVER sleep during the night only during the day. The bedroom is set at the back in a claustrophobic room with no air conditioning right next to the corridor with a tiny window with bars on it. The first night we arrived we were shattered from traveling and needed sleep. There was no chance of that. All you could hear was a party going with very very loud techno music on in one room. Then there was the constant door bell ringing and banging by drunken idiots. Then came the arguing and shouting. And finally the girls crying and screaming. We didn't sleep at all and felt wrecked. Our good neighbour said he thought it was like being in Beirut! We thought so too.

The sheets were filthy, ripped and even had lipstick on them to show that they were not washed. The towels were the same. There was vomit on the paths to the stairwells from the all night partying from the yobs.

We were on the 6th floor so we thought the only solution to get any sleep at all was to physically move the beds from the bedroom to the front room and leave the sliding doors open to get some air. It was better not to hear the awful corridor noise. But, you then had the extremely loud bar noise underneath the hotel.

One morning around 6 am I was half-asleep and someone walked right past me! I thought it was my husband but I looked over and he & my son were still in bed! Someone was in the room. I sceamed to my husband and he tried to chase the man out but my husband was half-asleep and didn't catch him. The man got out the front door and ran down all the stairs. He was running from the police because we were told he had hit a woman at one of the bars. A few days later they had eventually caught him.

We reported it to the staff at the hotel and the man at the desk just said, "ugh..idiots! I hate this season! So many idiots in this hotel!" The staff just looked utterly fed up as were we. You had to take 2 separate lifts just to get up to our room. Big huge giant cockroaches adorned the stairwells.

Bullies surrounded the pool with loud techno music so you could not even go to the pool. I watched one guy lift someone else's child in the air really high and then dropped him crying into the pool fully clothed. He was so upset and frightened. I called security which is a total joke. It is only one guy who does nothing at all.

A family with a disabled little girl in a wheelchair had to move three times because of all the lifts and stairs and noise that was upsetting the child. It was so sad.

The resort of Santa Ponsa is lovely though but very very Irish and Scottish and I would go back but to a different hotel on the other side of the resort. The best bar for families is Bar Code 7 with terrific entertainment every night. The beach is gorgeous but do NOT BUY WATERMELON OR SOFT DRINKS ON THE BEACH. They conned us out of
Vikki Avery
9 years 7 months ago
Just arrived back from 5 nights in the sun hill apartments, great location for the young and lively not suitable for families. Went with a friend and her 2 kids and my 2 kids never slept for all the noise from stag and hen parties.

Really clean rooms with excellent maid service, spacious, although could have done with a toaster.

The hotel itself could do with a revamp broken beds and showers around the pool not good to say its the beginning of the season.

Beware don't book this hotel if you have kids. Great location for singles.
Chelle & Mark
9 years 7 months ago
These apartments are in an excellent location.
Jackie from the pool/bar is a great laugh, very friendly and a great cook.

The apartments are spacious and clean. Loadsa of Irish and Scottish always up for a laugh, was a great holiday, cant wait to return for the 3rd time ;-)
Karen
10 years 4 months ago
Lord above...where do I start...

I can only sum up the Sun Beach Apts with one word - KIP. Pool was filthy, about 50 sunbeds out of 70 were broken, rooms were INFESTED with cockroaches/ants, staff weren't helpful at ALL in trying to get rid of them. Couldn't use the plates or anything because of them, as a result we had to eat out every night. We asked to be moved after only 8 hours - we were woken at half past 3 in the morning by an all-our WAR outside in the complex, I was ashamed to call myself Irish after the way they carried on. Couldn't walk to our apartment from the lifts because of people throwing plates/glasses/bottles etc. I'm 20 and went with 4 other girls, and was looking for a lively holiday but when there are apartment parties going on at 6 in the morning, it gets a bit too much, finding used condoms on your balcony in the morning is fairly disgusting. I felt TERRIBLE for the families with kids that were there, they were literally crying to come home. We complained to the receptionist (who is probably the rudist woman on the planet) and our rep about the parties going on into the early hours and her answer was 'what do you want me to do about it?' Great assistance, I have to say.
The location is bang in the centre of Santa Ponsa, you can literally roll out of bed and onto the beach, so no complaints there. I've stayed in Santa Ponsa before and had a fab time, much prefer the Verdemar. PLEASE PLEASE don't stay at the Sun Beach, the place needs to be burnt down or something, it's a dive.
Location:

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the links below: