The hotel rooms are large and comfortable with a sea view.
There was a good selection of food all of a good quality. Christmas Gala meal was very good.
95% of the guests are NOT English so there is peace and very little drunkenness or loudness.
The entertainment was not 100% but they put their hearts and soles into it.
Whole complex is kept very clean and the beach is at the bottom of a set of steps near the rear of the swimming pools
In all a very good holiday with very little that we would think to complain about.
Travel operator: Independantly booked
Travel operator: Thomas Cook
Breakfast is in the main restaraunt you sit wherever you like, breakfast was ok but very repetitive. Lunch is either in the main restaraunt or the beach snackbar or the pool bar on level 2. Dinner sittings are allocated on arrival and you keep the same table throughout your stay, the food was never hot only ever luke warm and if like us you were sitting towards the rear of the restaraunt the food was cold by the time you got back to the table. Again the food was very repetative and the soup seemed to be recycled each night and given a new name.
The main bar is the only one open in the evening and gets very busy especially when the entertainment is over.
This hotel was about 90% German guests and the remaining 10% divided into Brits, Spanish and Italian. The Entertainment team put on shows most evenings and was all in German and a bit sombre and theatrical for holiday entertainment. The best entertainment was the a flamenco team they were fantastic and all guests were shouting for an encore and joining in with clapping and stamping to the music.
The beach is down some very hot and slippery stairs (104 to be exact)once your down you'll be in no rush to walk back up! The beach is lovely and clean and the sea goes out quite far before it gets deep so the kids are safe to play in it. When you get to the bottom of the stairs if you head to the left side you can see the chipmunks and if you take food they are tame enough to take it from your hands. This part of the island is very very windy and when the sand hits you its like being rubbed down with sand paper my seven year old was crying because it stung when it hit you.
This was my seventh trip to Fuerteventura and i've stayed all over the island and although it is known for being a windy island this is by far the most windy place! When i booked the hotel it was booked as Costa Calma but it is much closer to Jandia. It took a twenty five minute bus ride to reach Costa Calma and cost 15 Euros in a taxi. This was the first time using the bus service on the island and it was on time, clean buses and air conditioned a much more pleasant experience than at home.
I don't think that the hotel deserves the 4/5 star rating that it has there was nothing to make it any better than 3 star hotels that i have stayed in on the island. There is nothing outside the hotel unless you taxi or bus to Jandia or Costa Calma so if you fancy a night away from the hotel and are in a big group as we were it becomes an expensive night out just in fares.
I would not return to this hotel mainly because of its location and the quality of the food.
Travel operator: On The Beach Holidays
The entertainment team are multinational, and can speak a wide variety of languages they have activities for young and old during the day. At night they put on a 1 hour show, then followed by a disco.
The self-serve buffet restaurant has an excellent choice of food, putting on themed nights with international cuisine. The waiters and waitress
Travel operator: Airtours
Great entertainment and fantastic for my kids...I never saw them!
Travel operator: med hotels
Ask a Question
Got a question? Ask our community of over 1.5 million users.
Book Your Stay
Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the links below: