3 independent reviews of the Costa Tropical Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Nuevo Horizonte

Costa Tropical Hotel Costa Tropical Hotel is rated 3.67 out of 5 from 3 Reviews

Costa Tropical Hotel Reviews

"We would return again!"
Jackie & Dave visited the Costa Tropical Hotel, Nuevo Horizonte in November 2010
Arrived at the hotel, reception staff very polite, tagged us, told us our room would be ready in approx 1 hour, this gave us a chance to look around. Everything was clean, plenty of sunbeds.

We went for something to eat, plenty of choice. As we are not fussy eaters we always found something to eat. Some of the reviews stated the food was awful, I gained 9lbs so it can't of been all that bad.

We were given our room, a bungalow, very clean/comfortable but no fridge or kettle. We went to reception and explained due to medication we needed a fridge. They were very understanding and gave us another bungalow, not sure why they call them bungalows because you sleep upstairs?

The drinks can be very strong - BEWARE. Plenty of choice.

Overall ...
we feel we got what we paid for. Lets face it if you want 5* you need to pay 5* prices. For a 2* hotel this hit the spot so much so we are returning in Feb 2011 with our Son and his Family.

Ray & Sue had a holiday at Costa Tropical Hotel, Nuevo Horizonte in November 2008
1st time at this hotrl which is one of 3 on this complex.
We booked on the internet so did a bit of homework 1st. Overall not a bad place if you want it quiet. We booked a 1 bed apt but we got a 2 bed one. Great. TWO balconies with the best views of the area there was.
Cleaners in everyday apart from Wed & Sun. They don\'t clean the balconies !
Our TV was playing up, no remote and programmes bore no resemblence to displayed channel list. Not even Sky News.
Didn\'t eat at hotel all, some people on AI said it was diabolical and that\'s the immpression I got when I went to have a look. POOL IS FREEZING COLD even temps were around 28 C.

Supermarket on site was next to useless and expensive. IF YOU GO HERE TO EXPECT ...
CHEAP STUFF BEWARE, it \'aint not with the ex rate. Shop staff were grumpy apart from the bakery counter.
Reception staff were polite enough, but I got the immpression they did not like people complaining.
Entertainment was the usual day stuff. A Hi de Hi wake up, aerobics, shooting, archery nothing at night.

For a 2 star hotel it was reasonable, and I would stay again, but only to sleep!

Tour Operator: Own Arrangemnets

Tracey stayed at Costa Tropical Hotel, Nuevo Horizonte in May 2007
I got back last week from a week at Tropical.

Well, it is the second time we have been (same time each year) and i was a little disappointed this year.

I know it was really quiet but they have let the place go rather a lot. Our bathroom was terrible. The bath had what it looked like was an attempt at being re-enamelled, but I think it was just paint. It was flaking off and we were unable to have a bath all week, making do with the piddly shower & the hot water going off after 1 minute, and then all the water going off after 4 minutes (not good if there was a family). They changed the towels but didn\'t clean the rooms well, and our stank of holiday homes (my dad used to run a guest ...
house in the early 80\'s and the smell still stays with me!) The food was great 50% of the time, but as there were so few they had daftly closed the restaurant & opened the buffet up every day, why, i don\'t know. On occasion there wasn\'t anything available for breakfast other than yogurt or dry cereal. The tea and coffee machine was rarely on, so you had to make it in a microwave. The juice machine wasn\'t working. There were very few staff about and you had to wait about for ages sometimes to get served.

There was no daytime or evening entertainment at all, not even a game of bingo or shuffleboard. The pool was filthy when we got there and was cleaned 4 days after we arrived.

There were builders loafing about everywhere too, many just taking advantage of all the food and drink on offer and not really seeming to do much at all. The reception staff- well two out of 3 ain\'t bad. One of the women suffered from selective English, and even when I spoke to her in Spanish she looked blankly at me. The only currency we could change was

Tour Operator: Qwertytravel