Aguamar Apartments

• Food
  • Location
Wilson
7 years 8 months ago
very disappointed when we booked we were told it was 4 star rated apartments when we arrived it had three keys on the wall outside gutted

Travel operator: alpha rooms

Fiona Brocklehurst
7 years 11 months ago
I went to the Aquamar with my 20 year old daughter for a week.We really enjoyed our holiday there,no complaints atall.The only thing amiss was a bit of entertainment if you wanted to stay there in the eve,we chose to go out to the local pubs which weren't that far away.Our favourite was the Heritage bar just around the corner,very friendly and a lot of laughs.Not to far to walk to the center and beach area which is perfect.The bus station is also only 5 mins away which is handy,we caught a bus to las americas one eve 2.70 euros for us both and walked back along the seafront,took about 2 hours,lovely walk.Aquamar is very handy for supermarkets,Netto just near bus station.we didn't eat at the hotel but the bar food that other holidaymakers were getting around the pool looked very nice.would definatley go there again.

Travel operator: daughter

Donald Easton
10 years ago
Stayed at the Aguamar Apartments. Location only around 10" from Los Christianos Centre and beach. No air conditioning in rooms, but have never experienced it on package hols, so wasn't phased.
No entertainment, but went out every night to local bars and restaurants.
The "booking" of sunbeds, despite signs to the contrary, would have been a pain, but we used the beach most of the time, so didn't really bother us.
Have to say, it's been one of the best apartments I've been to. If you want a 5* lifestyle, then choose an appropriate hotel. I was very happy with the accomodation.

Travel operator: Globespan

Nicola Sherman
10 years ago
we stayed in this hotel for 1 week ,although it was kept clean we also had thousands of little ants invading the kitchen area.the area around the pool was very slippery and a few falls happened whilst we were there,the time we were there happened to coinside with the spanish holidays and we were inundated with young spanish male groups who made everyones holiday unbearable,playing loud music all night ,skinny dipping around the pool ,drunk ,spitting in the pool ,smashing patio windows also a lot of rooms suffered attempted breakins ,we had the police there more than once.as this was ment to be a family hotel we were surprized that groups of youngsters we allowed to stay in the first place the hotel ust couldnt cope with them.

Travel operator: lowcost beds

Steve
10 years 4 months ago
We stayed in this hotel self catering so can't really comment on the food but did have a few snacks from the pool bar, a portion of chips is tiny, the toasties are nice but for the price you can get a side salad as well outside in the cafes.

The hotel itself is very clean and tidy. The cleaners are in every day to make beds,empty bins, sweep floor, etc.

The pool area is also well kept. Didn't have a problem with sunbeds just a space to put them. The rooftop area was lovely and quiet but there are no parasols up there and it gets very hot.

This hotel could do with a little entertainment as its very quiet but all in all its a very well managed hotel.

Travel operator: My Travel

Mark And Jeanette
10 years 6 months ago
Just got back from the Aguamar last night. We booked this holiday last minute and when I went on this site to check out what it would be like I must say I was very disappointed (ants in the cupboards coakroaches everywhere no sun beds)

The last report was in july 2006 so you can imagine my amazement when we arrived there the entire hotel has been revamped the apartments are immaculate everything is brand new.

This is by far the most cleanest and pleasent hotel we have ever stayed in(and I am not easily pleased)the apartments are cleaned every day(except Sundays)

The rooftop terrace the jacuzzi and the pool areas are all spotlessly clean and there was no problem with sunbeds

The location is great within five minutes you can get to the supermarkets very big lots of choice and well priced. You can be at the main bus station or to any of the surrounding bars and restaurants. The beach is about ten minutes away

Didn't have anything to do with the staff (prefer to explore myself)but they were always at the main desk if I did need something

Didn't eat at the hotel but from what people told me the food was very nice

To the best of my knowledge there is no enterainment but as I said earlier the bars and restaurants are within five minutes walk

I would recommend these apartments to anyone and I will definitely be going back myself

Travel operator: hays travel

Gary, Karen & Nicky
11 years 1 month ago
I had to throw quite a lot of food away on the 2nd day as the cupboards were infested with very small ants, sprayed cupboards but smell contaminated food, ended up saving bread etc in microwave.

At night we had visits from cockroaches as we had to leave the patio door open due to the heat as there is no air con. Hotel offers box fan hire for 14 euros per week, we went to Monday market and bought same fan for 16 euros.

Sunbed situation a farce, people waiting in pool area for beds to be unchained at 9am, they position beds and put towels on then disappear for ages, one family took 5 sunbeds at 9am, put towels on them all , went out and returned at 4.30pm so beds unused all day.

That said the staff were very helpful and pleasant.

Travel operator: Cosmos

Aaron,zoe
11 years 1 month ago
After arriving here to find the rooms infested with small ants and the rooms not fitted with air con I was a bit gutted, you could hire what was known as a turbo fan but it worked out about

Travel operator: cosmos

Nicky
11 years 2 months ago
Hotel clean.

Pool area good for kids but gets very noisy.

It's a good walk to beach with kids and stuff. Plenty of English cafe food good and cheap.

Beware a lot of Spanish families go here and are very loud at night talking to relative on upper or lower floors. Many complaints put in.

If you got small children choose carefully where you go or its can be a bad time for you parents.

Travel operator: mt travel

Gray
12 years ago
The situation of the hotel was a bit too far away from the main part of Los Cristianos. There were a few pubs and shops nearby but a lot of walking was needed to get to and from the beach and the main shopping areas.

Our first impression of the apartment bathroom was "circa 1970!" with the very odd colour of bathroom suite. There were two large chips on the toilet seat, not very attractive or hygienic.

The tiling was in need of a good clean (or replacement!)and in general it just looked well past its best.

However, the living area was very comfortable and the kitchen had everything we needed - 2 ring hob, microwave, kettle, toaster, sink and all the crockery and cutlery required.

There was no chambermaid service on Saturday (odd!) and the changing of towels and bath mat was a bit erratic (sometimes the bath towels were changed but not the hand towels or bath mat and at one time all the towels were changed but not the bath mat).

Our two main criticisms were (1)No Air Conditioning - While we were there the temperature during the day reached 106 degrees and during the night the apartment was unbearably hot. (2) The lack of information in the room - There was absolutely nothing in the room to tell guests about the facilities at the complex.

If I had not read a 'feedback' page on the internet about the apartments,prior to leaving home, I would not have known about the rooftop terrace and jacuzzi and I would not have known that fans could be hired. (On the day we left we met a couple who had been there for 2 weeks and did not know that they could have hired a fan,they did not know there were safe deposit boxes in a "saferoom" for hire, and they did not know about the rooftop terrace and jacuzzi!)

The rooftop terrace and jacuzzi must have been the best kept secret in the place because most of the time myself and my husband were the only two people up there!

There was no entertainment whatsoever at any time- not even bingo!

Fortunately the weather was fabulous and that is what we went for after all. But if the weather had not been good, or if we had had children with us, we would have been struggling to keep ourselves entertained at Aguamar
Apartments.

Travel operator: Seguro

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the links below:

Welcome to Holiday Truths

Register to contribute in our forum, leave your holiday reviews and enjoy exclusive offers from your favourite travel brands.

By registering, you agree to us sending personalised emails offering holiday advice and travel deals from our travel partners. By clicking Continue, I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.