Marconfort Flamingo Playa Apartments

102 of 131 hotels in Benidorm

3 out of 5 from 55 reviews
Calle del Esperanto, 32, 03503 Benidorm, Spain
The simply furnished Flamingo Playa is divided between two buildings housing the apartments, bar, reception and restaurant.

55 Reviews

• Good

• Entertainment
  • Food
  • Location
Still as good as the last time we stayed here
5 years 1 month ago
I've reviewed this hotel before, most of the detail of my previous review still stands, I just wanted to update with some new details.

On our previous visit the hotel bar below was not part of the all inclusive deal, and there was a dedicated swimming pool just outside for all inclusive guests. There have been some changes, mostly for the positive to my mind.

The main bar downstairs is now included in the all inclusive deal, so drinks at the bar are free. they also do a scaled down breakfast and lunch, which we favoured during the latter half of our visit as they had enough of a selection to keep us happy.

The pool out the front is now open to all guests, and there's no bar by it any more - although with the bar downstairs it's arguably no longer needed. A heads up is that the front pool doesn't open until 10.00, which is in fact a blessing. The downstairs pool, and the main pool at the Flamingo Benidorm, both suffer from the sun bed reservation teams who spread their towels over the sunbeds then don't turn up for hours. You get them at the front pool too but at least with the opening hours you can be outside when it opens - and at the time you mean to use the pool/sunbeds.

There's no entertainment at the Playa, and the Flaming Benidorm is pretty poor still (Bingo, children's disco and some lame acts after).
7 years ago
This review is for those visiting the Playa as part of the all inclusive package. As has been previously mentioned meals are taken at the Flamingo Benidorm next door, and that
Wilks
7 years 6 months ago
Please be aware that this is not the Flamingo it used to be.
The indoor pool has gone.
No entertainment in low season - not even a parrot show. dead. the waiter had cobwebs on him.
Used to be good cheap basic holiday accomodation for familys now its basically 2 annexes for the all - inc across the road.
Sharon
8 years ago
the only good thing was the size of the rooms and the modern kitchen the bad points bed linen change once in the 2weeks there towels 3 times changed only one lift working at night , you had to pay for sunbeds 1.50, 3.00 euros aircon that leak, 1 euro per hour tv . they was no kids club and no day or nighttime entertainment and no rep on site . teens would thow stones down on you if you sat outside pool bar and when they come in early hours bang on doors and play music loud and if you ask them to turn it down you were threaten. put me off benidorm all together
8 years 1 month ago
I will write only as accomodation as I was all inclusive i had to go along the road for everything else.

It is correct the maids are not regular, we had 1 toilet roll every 3 days for 5 of us. Towels every 3 days & sheets once in 13 days.

Air con is 3 euro per day, telly 1 euro per hour & no british channels, at least the one time we used it. Sun beds you pay for. Not good.
8 years 8 months ago
After reading the reviews on these apartments I was slightly concerned. The apartments themselves are large and much bigger that the Hotel Flamingo. Ours was newly re-firbed there is a shared kitchen/living or 2nd bedroom area and a double bedroom. The kitchen was very well equiped although we did'nt really use it as we was AI over the road. There was a fridge freezer, oven and halogen hob and loads of cupboard space. There were also plenty of plug sockets wich unless you are under 5ft are easily reached.

My main fault with these apartments were the maid service which happened twice in 10 days and then she only gave towels and loo rolls. I had to ask for sheets and make up the second set of beds myself. At the end of the 10 days the dust was filthy so I think this is a real issue with this apartment block
L Chappell And J Hayes
9 years 1 month ago
After reading several reviews before our holiday i was very concerned about Flamingo Playa Apartments in Benidorm. Most of the reviews expressed that the apartments were very basic and unclean. When we arrived all of our concerns had vanished. The apartments are excellent. It has just been referbished and are currently putting finsihing touches to a second swimming pool. All facilities within the rooms are brand new the only down fall is the pay as you go televison (but who watches tv on holiday). The only other down side is the lifts as they can be very slow in peak times. All staff where very polite and friendly. Snacks are available throughout the day and a very reasonably priced. Away from the apartments is the famous Titanic bar which i highly recommend, excellent food, drink and staff. I have never normally published a review on the internet but felt that these apartments needed to be commended dispite the negative feedback they have recieved in the past. A great holiday!!!!!!!!!
Angie Jones
9 years 10 months ago
We got a cheap week with Thomsons in this hotel for
Webbo
10 years 1 month ago
Went AOA, not to bad a hotel good base if thats what you want just don't expect too much.

Staff polite if not pleasant entertainment average, but you're in Benidorm and there's entertainment everywhere.

Pool clean sunbeds available cos you pay for them would prefer that to not been able to get one cos all those that put towels on then go out for day.

Rooms not brill but ok guess we got what we paid for saying that we had a great time as we went looking for fun every night
Jo
10 years 3 months ago
This was the 7th time we have stayed in this hotel and it was certainly the worst stay and will also be the last time. What was a family hotel it now has changed to a hotel for large groups of young people who do not think twice about throwing objects off the balconies or shouting and swearing at 4am. My 2 year old daughter was woken up every night by all the noise.

The cleaning rota was diabolical and the rooms were filthy. In two weeks we only had the beds/towels changed twice. The floors were not swept.

The entertainment was all the same so we went out of the hotel instead.

We all came away very disapointed and I recommend that unless you enjoy being woken up at all hours and you don't mind dodging the falling objects then I would book into a different hotel.
Entertainment:

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the links below: