25 independent reviews of the Maryciel Apartments
Ranked #107 of 130 hotels in Benidorm

Maryciel Apartments Maryciel Apartments is rated 2.6 out of 5 from 25 Reviews

Maryciel Apartments Reviews

michael farley visited the Maryciel Apartments, Benidorm, Spain in June 2009
my partner,my friend and his wife have visited this establishment on four occasions within the last twelve months.
during that time,things have gone from bad to worse,the rooms need a complete overhaul,and whilst the rooms are very basic(no washing machine sighted by me in any of the rooms,despite advertising literature on the web)there is no way that we shall be returning to these apartments.the staff are very courteous,but there is just so much wrong with the place.
the clientele seems to be more like a club 18-30 group,and weekends are just awful with stag and hen parties staying there,giving no though or respect for other people,returning drunk and causing mayhem.
the security is non existant,and do not rely on the double mortice lock on the apartments doors.my friend and his wife returned to find they had been broken into,by a well placed kick ...
to the door and had property stolen.anyone can enter thee premises without fear of being stopped and checked.Whats a good point about the place ?. they have got a new lift !
other than that,unless you want a to join in the mayhem,my advice is to find somewhere else to stay.the place has gone to the dogs,which is a shame.

Tour Operator: self booked

Donna visited the Maryciel Apartments Hotel, Benidorm, Spain in June 2008
We just come back from 2 weeks holiday in the Sunsea 2 apartments which is now called the Maryciel apartments.0 Not so good. Stopped in these apartments 3 years ago and they were very good, clean bedding and towels changed every few days. There was a security man on every night and you felt safe and now after five o'clock there's no security or staff on at all.

There were gangs of lads and lasses shouting most of nights running up and down stairs, partying people coming in and out of apartment what wasn't even staying at the apartments. Pool wasn't cleaned out enough, gipsy coming in using pool.

Worst holiday ever. These apartments have gone down hill in three years and it's a shame as it's in a brilliant location.

Tour Operator: Doitholidays

Stephen visited the Maryciel Apartments Hotel in June 2008
This hotel was booked on the confidence of a certain tour operator who explained she'd stayed there and had a "great time". A group of twelve eighteen year old lads looking for a fun holiday with a little security too. when we arrived (two hours before check in) we were told we could leave our bags in a small room which could only have been 5" by 5" and to come back later, how much later??

When we returned we were advised our room was "ready" a huge apartment with 3 balconies on the 21st floor. The room was far from ready with maids (not in uniform) scrambling round to make good of the situation they were in, great views, huge apartment but awful standard of cleanliness, cockroaches visible and running round the broken tiled floor at regular intervals ...
during the day!!

The steps up to the sun sea three are very steep even for young fit lads and we found on exit and return to the hotel we were bombarded with bottles of urine, empty beer bottles and a number of other items from the hotels overlooking the steps and pool area. Looking back if it wasn't for the fact we were young and had "lower standards of living" in 2001 we probably would have walked.

£350 per person for a week in a hole like this was money not well spent. We look back now and recall the hotel from hell. Please be advised for young folks who just want somewhere to lay their head and shower and change this would be as good as the local youth hostel. For any others thinking of staying here. Please donít it will be a bad memory.

Oh and do beware the over keen security guards who operate after nine and do not take kindly to any form of friendly light hearted banter and did follow us up to our room and wait in the corridor for two hours making us feel genuinely frightened and worried. I understand that some holiday makers don't give the best representation of Brits abroad but we felt we were victimised and tarred with the same brush as many who go to make trouble and cause havoc which we did not.

Tour Operator: airtours

Margaret had a holiday at Maryciel Apartments Hotel in September 2006
Sunsea 111 is very basic, though clean.

The location and views are really good, although \'Cardiac hill\' is quite a climb.

When we first arrived we were dismayed by the damage in
the apartment ie punch holes in the doors!!!!!!!! We then opened the curtains and the view took our breath away.

Some of the staff are not very friendly, but one lady in particular (blond) was really nice.

The pool was clean and tidy. There was some noise from other residents but that only happened a couple of times.

We will go back because of the location and the views, I would like better facilities in the kitchen next time.

Tour Operator: Direct holidays

Griffiths visited the Maryciel Apartments, Benidorm, Spain in August 2006
We`ve just returned from 2 weeks at the Sunsea 111 apts. Benidorm, and Boy! are we glad to be home!!

The Sunsea 111 apts have ONE decent feature & thats the size. Very, very large with 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms and 3 balconies with beautiful sea views. That's where the good points end!.

The apts. are very shabby, dirty and dated. The maid service is indifferent (clean towels thrown in ONCE in a fortnight. Kitchen equipment is virtually non-existent (as are toilet rolls).

The complex has NO on-site facilities e.g. snack bar, waiting room or chairs for your last day and NO courtesy room.

The staff are uninterested and the worst thing (for me anyway), is the location. Its up quite a steep narrow hill, with cars badly parked both sides and dog mess at regular intervals. There is absolutely NOTHING easily accessible for ...
papers, snacks or just a drink. You have to trek up and down the hill EVERY TIME!.

All in all, this overrated complex (should only have ONE key) is best suited to youngsters who have lower standards and just want a place to change and get over the hangovers.

DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

Tour Operator: direct holidays

vicki had a holiday at Maryciel Apartments in July 2006
Sunsea 2 apartments were a disgrace. They were past basic, the toilet and sink were dropping apart, the seating area was filthy and stained up, the furniture was rotting, the walls were stained with blood and god knows what else.

The lift hardly ever worked and it was the only one, the pool area was a disgrace with cats round it all the time, there was 20 sun loungers to the hotel and most of them were broke.

The hotel had trees round it with dirty underwear, dirty toilet roll and rubbish hanging from them that the cleaners could easily of moved from the balconies.

We were only there 48 hours whilst we waited for a move we would not have stayed there for two weeks, we paid to be moved. Sunsea 2 is a dirty whole, unfit to stay in. I would not rate it 2 star.

Tour Operator: going places

brian greene had a holiday at Maryciel Apartments Hotel in July 2006
The brochure says suitable for groups, bear in mind this encourages groups of young people and they do go on holiday to party.

Self catering does mean that you will be catering for yourself so expect to provide your own loo roll. Take towels too as changes are minimal. Not just here but in loads of apartments, remember they

Tour Operator: aspro

Sue Tideswell stayed at Maryciel Apartments, Benidorm, Spain in March 2006
We travelled here from Manchester expecting something really billy-basic but adequate. Upon arrival at the hotel we were blown away by the view as soon as we arrived.

We were located on the upper floors so had a room with 3 balconies giving panoramic views all around the bay, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It was very clean and well maintained. I have never stayed in somewhere so big for an apartment. Don't be put off by some of the other reviews - our stay was brilliant and I would recommend this to anyone. The only downside was lack of facilities at ground-floor level, but that was why it was a 2-key.

There was one incident though, where the Caretaker just let himself in to clean our shower-heads. He didn't knock and ...
we were in bed - could have been embarrassing!! The cleaner did the same before we were due to check out on the last day. Could be an idea to put something behind the door at night to let you know someone is trying to come in. Otherwise - brilliant !!! (would stay there again) - oh and Cardiac hill - its for wimps!! Have a good time guys x

Tour Operator: My Travel

Paul Wilcox Danny Smith Paul Morgan Tommy Woolley had a holiday at Maryciel Apartments Hotel in November 2005
Still on holiday whilst leaving this feedback.

Hotel room very dirty with grime also bugs crawing around the floor.

Returned back to the room after a afternoon out and found the room had been robbed.

The receptionist didn\'t seem to be interested and seemed to think this is all part of going on holiday!

Very poor and upsetting..
Still on holiday whilst leaving this feedback.

Hotel room very dirty with grime also bugs crawing around the floor.

Very poor and upsetting..

Very dangerous on the stairs and around the pool area!

Lifts are faulty and the doors are rusty to the extent they dont shut properly.

Be warned!!!
Very dangerous on the stairs and around the pool area!

Lifts ...
are faulty and the doors are rusty to the extent they dont shut properly.

Be warned!!!

"Returning next year"
Mrs Jack stayed at Maryciel Apartments Hotel, Benidorm in October 2005
Iím just back from the Sunsea2 these apartments were really good I was a bit worried about going after hearing the reports about the gypsies but I never saw 1 gypsy the whole time I was there.

The hotel was very clean the room was also very clean and we got clean towels ever 2days. The location of the hotel was excellent the apartments are in the middle between the old and new town and only a 5mins away from the beach and the main square. The hotel was very nice and friendly and helpful.

The rooms of the hotel were ok the were clean which I thought was the main things but they were not fancy they were basic but had ever thing that u needed in them all the apartments have a very good view I was on ...
the 10th floor and I had a excellent view my apartment looked over the pool and you could also see the beach from the balcony on my apartment you could see all the boats go by.

I thought these apartments were excellent and i would go back if anyone is thinking about going I would say book these apartments were excellent and I have already booked up to go back next year I hope u enjoy your stay as much has I have!!!!!!!!!!!

Tour Operator: Aspro

C Fagan stayed at Maryciel Apartments, Benidorm, Spain in September 2005
This was the worst holiday of my life. On arrival we didn\'t even know how to get in. We were abandoned by the roadside.

On getting into our room after having to part with alot of deposit money, the room was filthy with so much damage. We complained and were moved to a huge apartment on the top floor.

The views were outstanding but nothing else was good. One toilet was broken for the whole two weeks. The floor tiles were all cracked and caused numerous cut feet.

The sockets and plugs for the appliances in the kitchen were behind units that you had to push your hand behind to switch on.

There was mould in both bathrooms on walls and windows. Tiles were all dirty and broken. The beds are a thin sheet of melomine with a mattress and ...
made so much noise when you turned over that you could not sleep. There was little or no maid service.

The pool was never cleaned the two weeks we were there and lots of holiday makers had ear and eye infections. The bins overlooked the pool and on a windy day, bearing in mind you are at the sea on top of a hill, so most days, the rubbish blew from the bins into the pool.

The lifts broke numerous times when we were there, even the one from the street to the hotel and after climbing cardiac hill, the last thing you needed was to climb the badly lit stairs on the outside.

There was no entertainment although the brochure said different. We asked to be moved or flown home as it was so disgusting. My partner was hurt whilst in the pool and there were not even basic first aid facilities in the hotel.

There are no toilets at the bottom of the hotel so when you are at the pool you have to get out and dried and travel up in the lift to get the toilet.

My 15year old daughter did this and then the lifts broke. She was on floor 20 and we were at the bottom for a few hours.

These apartments are not recommended for anyone who values cleanliness or safety.

The staff are very unfriendly and the reps are even worse.
We reported all the problems to the staff and in the two weeks we were there, nothing was fixed.

W Walker had a holiday at Maryciel Apartments, Benidorm, Spain in May 2005
This is the third time ive stayed in this hotel, the views are the best in Benidorm and so its worth the walk up the hill, which is not as bad as people make it out to be as I have a poorly leg and manage it ok.

My children love it as the rooms are so spacious and they get to have their own bathroom. It is a bit of a hard slog when booking in as reception is hard to get up to with cases but if this is the only bad point then who cares!!!!

Your hols only start when you get to your room and its probably the same in most hotels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with family or 18-30.

dave stayed at Maryciel Apartments, Benidorm, Spain in October 2004
just returned from brill week at these apartments, they are basic but very clean and the staff are very good.

Located next Churchils across the road from the Wheeltappers and a short walk from the beach.

Having heard reports of gypsys living nearby we were quite worried, we did see some however they didn\'t seem to bother anyone and never stayed for long.

On the whole we couldn\'t fault these apartments and would go back anytime.

Tour Operator: mytravel

Josh Dickinson stayed at Maryciel Apartments, Benidorm in September 2004
Good view, the pool was clean, was not to bothered about drunken youths because I was one of them.

That hill was nothing compared to what people was moaning about it. I would go again.

Michael stayed at Maryciel Apartments Hotel, Benidorm, Spain in August 2004
We were dropped off at Sunsea III around 2am or should I say dumped, and told you need to get in a lift to reach reception and check in. the lift only carries 4 people max, so you can imagine the fun we had with 5 people and luggage this was just the start of it.

When you check in you need to pay

MRS A AMBLEGATE stayed at Maryciel Apartments Hotel in August 2004
We\'ve just got back from two fabulous weeks in Benidorm at the Sunsea II apartments. We had read some very bad reports about these apartments before we went but we had no need to worry.

They were in a brilliant location just 2 mins from the beach and if you want a busy night life its just a few minutes stroll away.

We had no trouble with noise or roudy drunken behaviour (that makes a change for my husband lol) the staff are all british great if your spanish isnt up to much.

Although the rooms were basic they where large and very clean and had everything you needed incuding loads of towels and cooking utensils and would you believe loads of coat hangers and first in our experience.

I would recomend these apartments to anyone who wants basic clean good value for money accommodation in a fantastic location in Benidorm.

Tour Operator: ASPRO

Trudie Clark had a holiday at Maryciel Apartments Hotel, Benidorm in August 2004
These are very basic and tatty appartments. We have just returned from a weeks holiday, thank goodness it was only for a week! There is a maid service part way through the week and that includes only a towel change, not bedding change or any cleaning. We were fortunate to have a larger appartment on the upper floors with fantastic views. Unfortunately one of the loos broke and this was not fixed for 4 days! The noise from other holiday makers is unbearable. Lots of young singles having a truely wild time, shouting and swearing at all hours from 3am through to 7.30am! items being thrown over the balconies, including used condoms. I was even spat on over the balcony. We are a young family and would definitely not recommend the Sunsea III appartments!!

Tour Operator: Aspro - My Travel

Graham had a holiday at Maryciel Apartments, Benidorm in August 2004
The views from the apartment were probably the best in Benidorm as you are in a elavated position away from the main resort, but this is the only good point. To get to reception to check in is a nightmare with all your luggage. Firstly you get in a lift which is situated at front of apartments this holds a max of 4 people without luggage, then you walk along pool area, up a flight of stairs another short walk then into reception area. The rooms are very basic and not very clean with no air-con. Maid service is a joke we got a clean towel change once in two weeks, and no clean sheets for the beds and no toilet paper. If you like to sleep at night don\'t come here the noise is a un-real (loud music ...
all through the night coming from everywere, people shouting/screaming/swearing, lad\'s jumping in the pool at like 4am going mad as they are so drunk.
As the apartments are in a elavated position you have to walk up and down a hill to get anywhere this is known as Cardiac hill, I now know why you will find no path along here as its used as a carpark so watch the road.
So to sum it up if you have saved all year like me and want a bit of luxury and a relaxing holiday with your family don\'t stay here. If your aged 18-30 and single it\'s ideal.
This is my 4th time in Benidorm it\'s a great place for a holiday with your family so much to do and see, stay in the old town if you can I do usally.......
(learned my leesson the hard way)

Miranda visited the Maryciel Apartments, Benidorm, Spain in July 2004
The rooms were excellent, large with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and 3 balconies all with amazing, uninterrupted veiws of the resort. Although the hotel is on a hill its perfectly managable even in the wonderful heat and its worth it for the veiw! The pool is a basic rectangle but very clean and there are plenty of sunbeds even though there are no parasols. The 24hr reception is good and useful for cashing travellers cheques and is a save place to leave your room key. The main bars and restraunts are as handy as the beach, just 5 minutes away and since there is no noise at night the hotel could not be in a better location. I would recomend it to any groups of young people as a perfect base for fun!

Tour Operator: Aspro

kim had a holiday at Maryciel Apartments, Benidorm in May 2004
Hotel rooms very clean and tidy with 2 bathrooms in a room sleeping 4 people. Very spacious rooms with excellent views from the balconies.Our room had 3 spacious balconies with views over looking 3 sides of the apartments.

No entertainment.

The hill leading up to the Hotel is fine as long as you\'re not over 60 and do not have any physical disability.

Would definately stay again. Short walk to the main nightlife. More recommended for the younger generation.

Tour Operator: MYTRAVELL