11 independent reviews of the La Siesta Camping
La Siesta Camping Location
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Calella de Palafrugell

La Siesta Camping La Siesta Camping is rated 4.27 out of 5 from 11 Reviews

La Siesta Camping Reviews

Simone Roberts stayed at La Siesta Camping, Calella de Palafrugell in August 2009
La Siesta campsite is absolutely lovely, very clean and friendly, we stayed in an 8 berth lodge with siesta, i went with my sister in law my 3 children, and my nephew aged between 17 and 10, as delightful as this place is the older children were a bit bored with the campsite entertainment, it is more suitable for adults wanting a quiet peaceful holiday, or families with very young children, the restaurant and takeaway were very resonably priced and the food was very good.

Tour Operator: Siesta

Teresa Ellis stayed at La Siesta Camping, Calella de Palafrugell in August 2009
This was our third visit to La Siesta and my first staying with Siesta Holidays (accom only).
We have always visited in June previously but visited this time for the last two weeks of the school summer holiday (arrived 23rd August). I was very disappointed that the top pool and bar closed on 31st August which left the second week of our holiday with no games room for the kids. They loved their first week playing table tennis in the games room and missed this very much the second week of our holiday.
Aside from this the site is wonderful and spotlessly clean. It has a fabulous bakery and a supermarket that is very reasonably priced for anyone that visits without a car.
Our accomodation with Siesta was perfectly adequate and the reps excellent during their advertised hours. If ...
you drive or hire a car I would suggest that you request accomodation with a parking space. We were lucky and could just about squeeze into our spot, the folk over the road had no space to park.
I\'m afraid that we never ate in the restaurant or take away on site this time due to having a car so cannot report on this.
A ten-fifteen minute walk will take you down into Calella with a good choice of restaurants or approx 30 minutes to La Franc with more choice.
My children looked the novelty of being amongst fellow Brits and made plenty of friends, which was a plus being veterans on this type of holiday.
I think we will be holidaying outside the euro zone next year but this will certainly not be our last visit to the area or La Siesta.

Tour Operator: Siesta Holidays

paul and mary stayed at La Siesta Camping, Calella de Palafrugell in August 2008
the deluxe 4 accomadation we were in was ok and for 2 adults and 2 children to stay in this type of unit for 2 weeks was fine, we were about 10mtr\'s from the swimming pool and the rep\'s office was oppersite our unit which was good, plenty of lighting and the areas where we walked were also fine.

Tour Operator: siesta

gallagher had a holiday at La Siesta Camping, Calella de Palafrugell in May 2008
Fourth time at La Siesta and we all really love this campsite - its\' such a beautiful part of the world. Accommodation was fine a 3 bed mobile from canvas life with all conveniences ie hob, grill/oven, fridge/freezer an great facilities on site ie bakery and supermarket on site. Generally standards on this site are very high and the staff work very hard to keep things immaculate. would have liked a barbecue as in previous years an sunbeds but they seemed to have disappeared (something to do with the changeover from camping life to canvas ?!)

Tour Operator: canvas life

Deborah Annison had a holiday at La Siesta Camping, Calella de Palafrugell, Spain in August 2007
We stayed in a 4 berth cabin which was just right for the three of us. The previous year there were four of us 2 adults and 2 children which was a bit of a squeeze. The cabins are great with their own veranda and barbecue. They are set in a lovely secluded avenue which is jus the right distance away from the pool and restaurant.

Tour Operator: Siesta holidays

Julie had a holiday at La Siesta Camping Hotel in June 2007
Stayed in a 6 birth van with campinglife, very clean and tidy everything you need.On site there is a resturant and take awat where the food is good and cheap. short walk to the beach. Staff very helpful and nightly entertainment is not bad keeps the kids entertained.Stayed at campiny la Siesta twice now keep looking for somewhere new next year but keep end up look at the same place we enjoyed it so much.

Tour Operator: campinglife

Rachel visited the La Siesta Camping Hotel in May 2007
Hired a 6 berth mobile home through \"Leisure Direction\", which turned out to be Keycamp. Accommodation spotless, Keycamp staff great.

Campsite very good. Kids (aged 6 & 13) were able to wonder round by themselves. Security guards on gate would not allow children on their own to leave the campsite, which was reassuring.

Campsite very well placed for nearby town of Calella. Just a couple of minutes walk and your at the lovely little town and beaches. You could possibly get by without a car. We hired a car and explored the surrounding areas / markets.

Thoroughly enjoyed our time at La Siesta. Kids want to return next year!

Tour Operator: Keycamp

Maxine Francis stayed at La Siesta Camping in May 2007
We enjoyed our time at Camping la Siesta. The caravan was vey clean and the reps in charge were great, greeting us with a beer after a very long drive through France and Spain to get there.

The children loved the pool very clean and safe. Loved the security at the gates at least you know you children could not get out if they did wonder off that far, but after Madeline a few weeks earlier they did not get chance to go far.

My children aged 8,2,and 10 months had a great time and we are going back again in a few weeks time.

My eldest daughter who was 19 joined us too and she enjoyed the lazy 3 weeks after her hard work at university.

Well worth a visit for a peaceful holiday, not much night life but ...
then not all holidays are about getting drunk and loud music. Fantastic!

Tour Operator: Camping Life

Maxine Francis stayed at La Siesta Camping in May 2007
We had a fantastic 3 weeks, and will be rerurning again this year.

Caravan and Camping life reps were very nice, welcomed us with a beer after a very long drive through France.

Pool is great for relaxing by and the kids enjoyed it too. The fast food was good and a great way to end the day.

Tour Operator: Camping Life

Tom visited the La Siesta Camping, Calella de Palafrugell, Spain in April 2006
Well we stayed in a 6 birth caravan, very clean and tidy, the entertainment at night was a bit lame but the kids still enjoyed it. Food and drink chaep and good on site. Callela itself is very nice a bit quiet a few resturants and bars with a nice beach, not the sort of place to go on a good night out. We must of enjoyed the holiday as we are going babck this month for 2 weeks kids cant wait. The kids enjoy it as the pool is great fun and the site is safe for them to run around and meet new friends.

Tour Operator: campinglife

Maureen Connington had a holiday at La Siesta Camping, Calella de Palafrugell in June 2005
I have been to Camping la Siesta for 4 years and I'm going back again this year.

The campsite is spotless there\'s always someone about cleaning.

The food is great the chicken is a must mmm and there\'s also a Chinese buffet at the bottom of the complex I'm not a lover but my man and son said it's great they seem to like it cant get them out.

A five minute walk down the road and there a nice little beach with the restaurants over looking the kids playing on the beach and the boats.

The redcrest reps were brilliant with the kids my daughter love them well done to the staff they had a hard job xx.

I am a little disappointed with the campsites own entertainment side of things the first year we went the entertainment was brilliant but ...
the other 3 years have been terrible the reps from the other companies have done there best and put on some good nights though well done to all of them.

There is a lot to do outside the campsite too there\'s the Sunday market in Palafrugell and the excursions are quite good as well the dolphin park in particular.

Well that's me inly 1 thing left to say if you have a young family this is a good and very cheap holiday and it's well worth the money.

I can't wait to go back I'm off on the 28th of June for 3 weeks and can't wait.

Tour Operator: Redcrest