35 independent reviews of the Best Cambrils Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Cambrils

Best Cambrils Hotel Best Cambrils Hotel is rated 3.51 out of 5 from 35 Reviews

Best Cambrils Hotel Reviews

Susan Di Fonzo visited the Best Cambrils Hotel in October 2009
We stayed in Best Hotel Cambrils. I would consider this to be a 3 star hotel not a 4 star. The bedroom was on the first floor and rather cramped. We had to keep moving the bed to get into the wardrobe. The bed was average UK size double with extra large pillows meant for larger beds. It was extremely warm at night even though the air conditioning was on. I found it difficult to sleep. Outside balcony area led onto a flat roof and was not partitioned very well from people next door. We were very careful to make sure balcony door was securely locked when leaving the room but twice when we returned found that balcony door was unlocked. When I told a receptionist she made out that I was making a fuss about nothing and was very ...
rude. Bar staff were all very nice especially one called Angel. Food was good. The room was cleaned every day thoroughly. Shame about the lack of concern over security. For this reason I would not return.The entertainment was very poor. There were a couple of good shows but most nights consisted of old time dancing. This is definately a hotel suitable for older couples. The hotel was located near to bus stop to most local towns and also to Barcelona. The beach was over the road. A restaurant called Popeyes, owned by Irish couple was very good and very reasonable.

Tour Operator: A1 travel

ali stayed at Best Cambrils Hotel in September 2009
I would rate this hotel as a 3 star +, rather than a 4 *. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is located half way between Salou and Cambrils - public transport to either town is easy - bus around every 10 mins just outside hotel. Taxi rank nearby, which we needed for Mum in wheelchair.

Food choice was good,served as buffet style with wide range of hot dishes, grill, salads, fresh fruit, breads etc. and larger tables available for bigger groups - we were a family, ages between 21 and 82. The only difficiculty we had was that my Mum and I cannot eat peppers or garlic, so this limited our choice somewhat. We would have enjoyed more pasta dishes to be available.

I had emailed the hotel to ask for our 4 double rooms to have pool view ...
and be adjacent. We got the 4th floor overlooking the pool, and rooms close together - they were all \"family\" rooms ie. had 2 king size beds. Wonderful. Kept very clean, have own hairdryer and fridge, complimentary toiletries, inc toothbrush and razor replaced daily.

Overall, we enjoyed this hotel - entertainment was of a reasonable standard, although we didn\'t really watch it, preferring to go out. A few bars nearby - we enjoyed Popeye\'s on the front in the evening.

Ony negative for this hotel for us were that maintenance issues were not addressed, despite frequent requests (nothing desperate though) and the key cards kept failing.

We would visit again thoigh, at the right price.

Tour Operator: on the beach

Tom Gilboy had a holiday at Best Cambrils Hotel in May 2009
We stayed for 2 weeks while my in-laws stayed for 1, and we could find little to fault this hotel on !

The ffod was TOP CLASS, with the largest choice available for evening dinner I\'d ever seen, and some foods (beef, Fish lamb, etc.) were also cooked to oder in front of you if you wished.

Only slight downside is the poor night entertainment, but we went out most nights so warn\'t too concerned.

great hotel, clean with friendly and helpful staff and a great location if you want a touch of the best of Salou and Cambrils, but want a little privacy as well.

If possible get a Sea View Room on the 1st. floor with the extra large balcony especially if travelling with kids.

Tour Operator: DIY

"Not a 4*"
Sharon had a holiday at Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils, Spain in April 2009
This hotel should not be a 4 star more like a 2 star. Our room was very smelly and we asked to be moved and were shown a room which was just as smelly. The staff were rude and unhelpful. We only stayed for 4 nights and that was enough.

The location was good and the bus stopped right outside the hotel for a short trip into salou or cambrils. The food was not very good and very little variety each day. The queue for the coffee machine was too long.The pool area was packed and too many sunbeds crammed in.

Recommended: No

Carole visited the Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils, Spain in September 2008
Hotel was better than expected,could not find much to fault. Public areas could do with a face lift, furnishings looking a bit dated, but kept clean and tidy.Room acceptable with air-conditioning, hair dryer and small fridge. The food was very good, lots of choice, probably the best buffet selection I have ever had in a hotel. The dining room was very busy and sometimes had to queue, but not for long, the staff seem to keep things running smoothly. Breakfast until 10.30am. Pool area busy but loads of sunbeds so no need to get up too early. Never stayed in for the entertainment so cant comment. Over all, not bad, certainly not 4star but a good 3star.

Deborah stayed at Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils, Spain in August 2008
Just returned from a 1 week stay at Best Cambrills Hotel (formerly Cambrills Princess). We had a great time the hotel was clean and the food was good with lots of choice for everyone, (you will always get someone that moans though). Around the pool there was plenty of beds (but not many areas with any shade) although if you paid 2 Euro refundable deposit you could hire a parasol for the day. All in all we had a good time and would return to this hotel again. If there was anything that I would have to moan about it would be that the air conditioning in our room was all but none existent and that many of the staff leave the Brits waiting and prefer to serve other Europeans!!!

Paul visited the Best Cambrils Hotel in October 2007
We had a great time here.Our first holiday without the kids.Glad to say only a few kids were at the hotel.No school?The transfer was quick and we were allocated a pool view from our room.The rooms at the back would have got a good view of the railway.The half hour walk to Cambrils or Salou (the other way) is done via the flat prom with the beach right next to it.Taragona is worth a visit(half hour on the bus).Salou has bars galore and musical fountains.Cambrils is smarter,with a nice harbour.Food in the hotel was good,but you always get people moaning.I wind them up and agree that its bad,but they never complain.We have a laugh at the old uns as they ponder,one cake or two?!But we will catch them up soon,cant wait to slow them young uns down!No flight delays.Good holiday

Tour Operator: Portland

Mhairi visited the Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils, Spain in July 2007
We stayed in this hotel for a fortnight. We had stayed here previously the year before and thought everything was fantastic.

There had been a good choice of food, entertainment, the staff were helpful, we could not have asked for a better hotel to stay in and in my opinion it fully deserved its 4**** rating.

This year however was a different story. The hotel has recently been bought over and the new owners are cutting everything from staff to food back to the bare minimum and its noticeable...very.

You could tell that the staff were not happy with all the changes, they work long hours and very hard. A lot of the staff I had remembered from the previous year and they were all very good at their job and dedicated.

But its not a good sign when the customers pick ...
up on the unrest, and believe me they did. The Thomsons reps in the hotel were getting inundated with complaints.

I dont know that I would stay in this hotel again, as I dont believe you will get the same level of service that you would have in 2006, and I would be very surprised to see it retaining its 4**** rating. They have alot of improving to do.

Which is a shame as it was an excellent hotel.

Tour Operator: Travel Republic

Sam Goulding stayed at Best Cambrils Hotel in June 2007
This hotel is what can only be described as excellent, our room was spacious well maintained nicely furnished and very very clean.

The hotel food is again excellent we had breakfast and evening meal, both provided a very good selection of high quality food, everything from salad to steak and all in between. It's self service buffet style, all laid out well and more than enough to eat.

The location of the hotel is ideal for all tastes, the beach is just across the road, the bus stops are outside the hotel where you can get a bus to Barcelona, Tarragona, Reus, Salou and the water park. The buses run frequently and tickets can be obtained in the hotel reception, Barcelona was 18.90 (euro) rtn p/adult, be sure if you visit Tarragona to buy your return ticket in the bus station ...
before you get bus back. It's a nice place to visit as is Barcelona.

There was entertainment every night in the bar/lounge area, mostly for those who like to dance but none the less enjoyable, the beer and other drinks are a good price also 2.50 for a pint, 8.20 for 1 litre of sangria..

The hotel has a very nice pool area with lots of sunbed space, the staff were all pleasant and helpful, all in all a great hotel and a very nice holiday experience, the only very minor complaint was that we were at back of hotel near rail line but the trains are not that bad and it didn't spoil our holiday at all.

Tour Operator: n/a

carol stayed at Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils, Spain in May 2007
Hotel should be 2 star not 4. The rooms were cleaned daily 5 days out of 14 we were left with no towels or loo rolls.

The hot food (what a laugh) was cold no matter what time you went to eat. Many times I found lipstick on the glasses and refused to use them.

I found the staff helpful. We had paid for a late checkout, but they asked us to leave the room at 10 o'clock so it could be cleaned, we refused I went to see the rep who told the staff we would not leave until 4 o'clock. So they put a stop on the key to the room so if we went out we could not get back in.

Would we go back? I don't think so, even if was free. We have stayed in better.

Tour Operator: thomson

mark rodgers had a holiday at Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils, Spain in August 2006
When we walked into the hotel, you could feel the cool air of the air con. The marble floors and decor was very well presented. Easy check-in.

Over 2 hours allowed for breakfast and 3 hours for evening meal up to 21:30, you could cancel meals and arrange for packed lunch if required, for day trips etc., You could swap your evening meal to lunch if arranged.

Well presented rooms with air con, advised to hire a safe deposit box,17 euros with 5 euros returned. You can also hire fridge and remote for TV, which was 30 euros, which was all refunded. Only 2 English speaking channels CNN and BBC world, but you have no time to watch TV anyway.

You have a 24 hour bus service outside the hotel, which can take you to Port Aventura,( you must stay until ...
midnight for the fireworks, light and water show, get there late it is a must) Salou, Tarragona, La Pineda (Aquapolis water park very good), easily missed on the bus we ended up in Tarragona !, Turned it into an adventure for the kids! You can swim with the sea lions at Aquapolis book with your operator. Barcelona is only just over an hour away on the bus, book an arranged trip with your tour operator, stadium very good, allow plenty of time for the shop.

Entertainment was good and a mix of Spanish, English and performing parrots, the best entertainment was watching the Spanish line dancing!

Food available by the poolside, waitered service poolside and in the bar, some of the waiters are like Speedy Gonzales ! Friendly staff throughout, lots of cleaners around, you leave a note on your door to say you want your room cleaned, if you forget they clean it anyway!

Tour Operator: portland direct

Kirstie stayed at Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils in July 2006
The Hotel was Great, always clean and tidy as the maids came everyday, it was also wonderfully air conditioned which became an absolute godsend during this holiday as the temperatures varied from 30 to 39 degrees!!

There was always a great selection of food which was served buffet style and varied everynight.

Travelling halfboard was also a great benefit, as eating out every morning and night for 2 weeks would have been expensive.

We both found the location of the Hotel fantastic and loved the fact that the beach really was only a stones throw away.

There is a railway line behind the hotel but is hardly worth mentioning as we rarely noticed, and they stopped running at around 11pm.

We throughly enjoyed many of the evening entertainment acts, as they varied for everyone\'s age and taste, many of the acts leaving ...
you dumbfounded, and wondering where you can go to see the act again!!

If the acts were not to your taste though you could always watch a movie on your room television, which is just a 30 Euro deposit, which you get back at the end of your stay on return of the remote control.

We also found the use of an in room safe and fridge great to keep our belongings safe, and water and snacks cold (however these came at extra cost).

Mary had a holiday at Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils, Spain in June 2006
The Cambrils Princess is listed as a 4* hotel and to be honest I was a bit disappointed on arrival. The public bathrooms were shabby looking and our room was small for 2ad and 2 ch but it had air conditioning so we were comfortable. We had a sea view but this was over a very busy road, so our sleep was very interupted. The rooms at the back had trains to put up with which seemed to rock the hotel as they travelled at such high speed. Ask for a room with a pool view and I reckon you\'d be happy as there is sufficient distance between you and the road.

Once setled in, we very much enjoyed the stay. The food was very varied and plentiful with delicious fresh fruit. My husband loved ...
the fish. Deserts were very spanish and not to our taste at all, but there are a couple of fridges with ice cream, it just took us a couple of days to find them. The entertainment catered for both young and old with lots of shows my kids loved, us too. There was also ballroom dancing for the older people. Watch out for locals trying to shoo your kids off the floor so they can dance. There was plenty of room for all, but they were telling the children to get off the floor. One mother told them where to get off, it was very funny. (Remember you paid for this entertainment in your holiday costs). It was only as we saw them leave that we realised they weren\'t even guests. Cheek.

I have to say the hotel was very clean and our room cleaned daily. Shocked that a fridge cost

Tour Operator: Independent

jackie had a holiday at Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils, Spain in June 2006
The Cambrils Princess should not be advertised as a family hotel the entertainment is geared for the Spanish and other foreign nationals if you like ballroom dancing then this is fine. The bar staff are excellent, we found the reception staff very snotty.

The food is buffet style but is mostly cold by the time you get it to your table.(they provide a microwave to heat it up if you are not happy with it).

The Thompson rep agreed that there was a problem and said that the hotel were taking measures to solve this problem, they did\'nt know when though.

My family and myself will never return to this hotel it was not as advertised in the brochure and is very poor for a four star hotel.

Tour Operator: tompson

lauren stayed at Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils in June 2006
Hi, I am only 13 and I have been to this hotel twice and last time I came I was crying when I had to leave. I love this hotel the food is great, the rooms are lovely, especialy the rooms at the front!

The pool is beautiful with a lovely mini water fall runing into it. There's a bar outside where you can get slush puppies and burgers and chips etc.

When you walk into the reception area you fall in love with the hotel as the lovely coldness from the air con hits you and the smell of clean floors! In the reception there is lovly comfy sofas with glass tables so if your waiting to check in it is perfect for you to go and have a relax.

The food is absoloutely brill here, loads to chose from on ...
every meal.

Now the entertainment is good as there is dancing and balancing things(heavy things)on your feet, magic shows, singing, etc. This year we are going to Majorca as we have a newbaby and all of us can not fit in one room in the Camprils Princess but it is such a gorgeous hotel you should definitely go there I no I would any day!!!!!!!!!

Tour Operator: portland direct

Phil stayed at Best Cambrils Hotel in May 2006
Had a really good time, however you need to be fairly realistic about your expectations.

The hotel is not expensive and offers reasonable value for money.

Rooms are small and those at the rear overlook a high speed rail line that is frequently used (sometimes in the middle of the night or early morning).

The entertainment is normal fayre for this type of hotel but seemed to be enjoyed by the older guests.

Food was very good (buffet) with a wide range of options, the hotel caters for many nationalities and therefore some of the offerings may not suit. Some people complained about having to get their own cutlery and tea/toast in the mornings, however, the lack of waiter service enables the hotel to keep its costs down and that is reflected in the price.

Overall the hotel would be considered 3 star ...
in the UK but appears to be the best of the bunch in that location.

Tour Operator: Independant

Michael cardwell visited the Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils, Spain in March 2006
Well what can you say, yet again the hotel leaved up to our expectations. My wife and I have been five times to this hotel. We went for a week to recharge the batteries. We have never been away out of season. We found it a bit cooler but what do you expect for March.

The hotel as usual is spotless, check in as normal very quick the rooms very clean.

The food is dead on just a bit rich but it is Spain.

The staff or brilliant because we have been before we know all of them. Three waiters to watch out for (Javier, Maurico and Angel) when they serve you you can't go wrong.

Entertainment in March is not bad but far better in the summer months they had acts in the summer like the Drifters (fantastic)and usual Spanish dancing. There is ...
acts that get the audience up on stage.

When the pool bar opens up in the summer everyone should try the Cambrills special burger(ham burger, cheese, tomato, onions, egg with chips)great.

The staff all work hard for you to enjoy your holiday.

Looking forward to going back soon. Hasta Luego

Tour Operator: Thomson's

family visited the Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils in July 2005
The hotel is spotless with lovely rooms. We stayed on the second floor with a view of the pool and sea. People who were staying at the back of hotel were complaining of the noise of trains.

The food was really good but it all depends on individual taste.

Hotel is situated in middle of Salou or Cambrills a good half hour walk to either.

Beach across the road.

Children really enjoyed the holiday but the evening entertainment was terrible for such a high quality hotel spanish dancing most nights.

Had a really good time but will not be going back.

Tour Operator: thomson

Brian had a holiday at Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils in July 2005
We stayed at the Cambrils Princess Hotel which was located approx. 2 miles from Cambrils town, a 10 minute bus ride from the bus stop directly outside our hotel. Buses to Salou seemed more frequent than those to Cambrils.

There are numerous bars and restaurants and a large supermarket in the immediate vicinity. The beach is just across the busy main road which was uncrowded even though it was the height of the season. Buses to the theme park, Portaventura, were frequent and took approx. 30 mins.
Theme park and water park well worth a visit - the three day pass is good value for money.

Had read previous reviews on this hotel so not sure what to expect, was pleasantly surprised. As we arrived at hotel at 11.30 am our room was not ready although ...
we were not too bothered about this. Our luggage was left in a locked room and we took a stroll and had an early lunch by which time our room was available. Hotel room was on the first floor which over looked the pool and stage. Balcony was very large, however, the evening entertainment could be heard clearly in our room let alone on our balcony! We got used to it and it did not spoil our stay.

We enjoyed the food very much, there was plenty of choice in the mornings and evenings and we never had any trouble getting a table. Restaurant staff very efficient and buffet constantly topped up. If you like fresh fruit there\'s an abundance of it. We all looked forward to the evening meal and didn\'t feel the need to eat elsewhere.

Hotel entertainment each evening was of a high standard and our daughter, aged 9, thought it was great fun. Daytime entertainment is also provided daily. The only disappointment was that no inflatables are allowed in the pool, lifeguard always on duty though.

WhiteHartLanz visited the Best Cambrils Hotel, Cambrils, Spain in June 2005
I booked this Hotel at the last minute but was a bit concerned given some of the reviews I had read.

I emailed the Hotel a few days beforehand asking for a third floor room overlooking the pool (given the stories regarding the trains etc. posted elsewhere)- and the reply was that they couldn\'t take account of such requests. However, on arrival we were allocated just what we had asked for - so no noise from the trains and as far back from the road so as not to be disturbed. A good start.

Whilst the swimming pool itself is nice and big (and quite warm) the surrounding area was a little bit crowded for our taste so everyday we had to trudge the whole 100 yds to the beach (what a struggle!)

The hotel and our rooms were kept immaculately ...
clean (even when we managed to bring back 3 ton of sand from the beach most days).

The food was fine - not the best we\'ve had but we never felt the need to eat out any of the 8 nights - although the restaurant was rather crowded.

Strangely enough our one complaint was the same as an earlier reviewer - Obviously the hotel have a problem in supplying extra pillows - there was only one pillow per bed in our room and despite asking reception 4 days running for additional pillows they never did materialise (thinking about it we should have just had a word with the maid).

Given this little hiccough I was bit sceptical that we would get our early morning call and early breakfast (6.30 a.m.) on our day of departure but there were no problems.

Whilst there are a few bars etc. in the immediate vacinity of the Hotel (My vote goes to \"The Beer Factory\" by the way) I think the hotel\'s location is just a little too far for an easy walk into either Cambrils or Salou - which was a shame as it meant getting a cab back if we had a night out in either of those resorts (buses stopped at approx 11.30).

I have stayed in better 4 star hotels - but given the price of the stay - and the fact that there was air con in the rooms (which you didn\'t have top pay extra for)- I would return there at some point.

WHL