Mutlu Apartments

• Entertainment
  • Food
  • Location
8 years 1 month ago
The first room we got was a dump but clean, it had a power transformer virtually on balcony and no view but the concrete wall of the hotel opposite. During power cuts the diesel engine gen set just below window kicked in with nice exhaust fumes below windows! We asked to be moved and in fairness were moved in a very prompt and friendly way to another room which was lovely and clean. Great location if you like night clubs, bars and shopping... so a 5. But a 3 if you don't.
Moderate entertainment.
Staff...good I guess especially if you are under 19, like being thrown in pool and having you pool games spoilt. Reception staff good except for one instance where it took 4 people right in your face to demand 5 lira for use of a pool table with no rules for its use posted (a simple hello... please pay... would have been fine).
End of Hol spoiled when we had a run in over a supposed unpaid bar bill of 10 lira on last day, we as a family always pay up front and in cash and have all holiday, we don't do room bills, they made such a commotion over it I gave them the cash but made the point of saying I don't like being called a liar and made to feel a cheat. The hotel manager in a damage limitation exercise offered free drinks etc... but I would not accept on priciple, they should have given me my 10 Lira back, its the principle that mattered not the amount of money. After that I did not want to know! as long as you are spending or under 19 years old staff fine.
I was always going top tip the maid but found her reminder note "TiP" written on a square of paper cheeky.... this typifies the resort!
Maid service was however good and apartment cleaned well.

Overall Hotel is good value for what it is. Thomas Cook rep excellent and well on top of his game and helpful with good local knowledge.

Mrs Wise
8 years 2 months ago
Booked last minute to these apartments on a self-catering basis.

Really only had breakfast and snacks from the apartments, due to so many lovely places to eat along the promenade area, but was lovely - full english breakfast was 7.50 lira.

rooms very basic but ideal for what you wanted.

Staff within the complex were lovely and really friendly, especially with my children who are little blondies but never felt threatened by it, they are genuinely nice to everyone.

Turkish night was a good laugh.

Only negative thing i would say is that the pool is quite small and very shaded during different times of the day, but as it is so hot this is sometimes needed, but also the pool area becomes very slippy and dangerous as marble flooring and could do with some non slip mats around.

Food:
Roger Bevan.
9 years 11 months ago
Fab holiday. Great location. Staff excellent.

Great reps. Will see you all in May !
Kayley Steven Callum And Declan Langthorne
10 years 1 month ago
We arrived at 3am in the morning to find that there was no cot for our little boy they told us they would get one in the morning we argued and said that wasn't good enough and they brought one up 10 mins later.

The hotel its self was clean, but there was wires hanging out of the hairdryer and the toilet was all cracked which the handyman fixed and reception sent us the bill!!! Our room was awful there was tea stains on the wall and the floor looked like it hadn't been mopped for ages.

Even thought we was self catering we eat at the Mutlu the food was over priced and was always cold with we send it back and they refused to take it back.

The hotel location is brilliant its not far from the beach at all its only 10 mins walk.

The hotel staff were rude and didn't understand a word of English the lads that worked at the hotel were kids and they we running around and been stupid, and if you wanted something from the shop you would have to wait because the person who works in the shop was always outside smoking.

We never saw any entertainment at all apart from the Turkish night on a Thursday and that carried on till 2-3 in the morning all in all I would never ever stay at this hotel ever again
Julie
10 years 1 month ago
The hotel was in an ideal location. Very close to shops bars and resturants. The hotel was very nice. The rooms were cleaned daily and the cleaner made swans on our beds with the towels and sprinkled flower petals around them.

The pool is only quite small and was very busy but we enjoyed that as there was a good atmosphere and every mixed, my son found lots of friends. we ate at the hotel twice, it was OK but not as nice as the other fab resturants we found on the beachfront.

The Turkish night was good fun. The hotel staff were polite and helpfull and the holiday rep, Alma, was lovely very helpfull and always there when she should have been.

We would visit this hotel again in the future.
Michele
10 years 2 months ago
I found the hotel staff very friendly and helpful and extremely clean, the maids did fancy things with the towels. The pool was quite cold but very nice as it was hot all the time.
Mrs Jensen
10 years 3 months ago
Booked this holiday last minute and was very much impressed with the hotel the minute we arrived.

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

Rooms were very nice and clean, probably the nicest we have stayed in abroad.

Pool temperature was a bit cold but very clean. Also was in shade quite a lot, but as I have two small children that was quite a bonus, as weather was very hot all the time.

Hotel food was very nice and very reasonably priced, also found it better to eat in the hotel as you escaped the hassle you got elsewhere. Turkish night was again excellent, both ourselves and our children really enjoyed it.

Overall a good holiday, that I would have no hesitation in recommending.
10 years 4 months ago
We stayed in May for one week, the apartment was spacious and clean, bed-room patio opened unto the side street, the other patio opened to side of pool.

Very central and close to beach. Enjoyed our short visit and would go back to this Hotel/Apartment.

Highly recommended.

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful, no complaints at all.

Stacey Lowe
10 years 11 months ago
Just come back from staying at the Mutlu for 2 weeks. I went with a large group of 18 people.

The facilities were fine apart from the pool being freezing cold and nobody wanted to go in.

Our room was a decent size for the 4 people in it including a baby.

I found my stay here very enjoyable.

The beach and bars are just around the corner so that it was much safer to travel back to after a few to many
(every night really)

The cleaner was in everyday, making sure the room was spotless, and she did some nice things with towels.

The bar staff were the best, always nice to you had a laugh with you Ferdi (I'll beat you next time) Mete(nice looking) and the rest thanks for everything.

their entertainment here was fantastic and I liked spending time instead of going out every night. The Turkish night was really good with the belly dancer and the traditional dancers.

The food was quite nice.

Ferdi & Mete are brilliant dancers, they had us up and dancing with it many nights, even though we taught them a few.

I will miss everyone there as well as the guys at Kiss bar (Jason Junior Danny and Adam)

Definitely coming back to the Mutlu next year. I would recommend it to anyone.
Kathy Bycroft
11 years 3 months ago
This was the second time Ive stayed at the Mutlu the hotel is second to none the staff even down to the domestic staff are the most helpful and friendly people.

You will find Altinkum is a beautiful place and Alma the airtours rep goes out of her way to help you and make your holiday so enjoyable.
Recommended

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the links below: