31 independent reviews of the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments
Gardenya Hotel & Apartments
Gardenya Hotel & Apartments Location
Ranked #5 of 26 hotels in Bodrum

Gardenya Hotel & Apartments Gardenya Hotel & Apartments is rated 4.1 out of 5 from 31 Reviews

Gardenya Hotel & Apartments Reviews

Pauline had a holiday at Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum, Turkey in June 2010
I stayed at the Gardenya last year and breakfast was served in the upstairs restaurant that you helped yourself to. This time it was served in in the downstairs \"restaurant\" by one of the young boys. Be prepared to wait ages just for egg with a turkish breakfast. It takes around 10 minutes for them to bring you tea or coffee. I asked for a slice of toast and was told by the boy I had to pay extra for one slice!

Also, an elderly lady was staying there for 4 months which was arranged last year and was paying 800 lira a month cash for self-catering studio but was told to buy sheets as they refused to change them for her or clean her room! This is what the turkish owner\'s dutch wife ...
told her when she got there. She also cleaned her own loo and took out her rubbish from the room.

Tour Operator: Thomas Cook

Nichola visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments in June 2010
We found the hotel to be really grubby and in need of a good clean and some decorating wouldn\'t of gone a miss.
The bedrooms were small but suffiecent for what was needed..again really dirty it seemed to be that the only things that were cleaned was what you could see..the bathroom was a delight..the hot tap was infact the cold and cold the hot..don\'t get me started on the toilet..wouldn\'t like to hazzard a guess at how often that is cleaned!
We were bed and breakfast but only ate breakfast once as it was just about edible..and took and age to come,on chatting to other guests some had to wait 45mins for a bowl of chips..we ate alot at the restaurant across the road.Really recommend Kaptan\'s..
We were fine with the distance of the hotel to the shops/bars and beach but we ...
were told on booking how far it was from anywhere
The staff were really nice no complaints about them.
There was no entertainment well apart from a drunk couple who decided everyone guest in the hotel needed to know they were not getting on..the staff did try to stop it but to no avail..
There is no way i\'d go back to this hotel..but definately would go back to Turkey...

Tour Operator: Thompson/First Choice

Liz had a holiday at Gardenya Hotel & Apartments in May 2009
Very pleasently surprised as I wasent expecting a lot for the price we paid. The hotel was small which is what I wanted and virtually empty, no shortage of beds around the pool. We only went for breakfast once because it was so boring, cheese, meat and cucumber. The pool is not suitable for \'non swimmers\' as it is deep both ends so my friend who is a non swimmer was only able to sit on the edge of the pool and dangle her legs in. The room was ok after a couple of complaints to management about the shower - when we arrived the shower hose was just dangling with no shower head, fridge dident work but they changed it. Unlike, most places I have stayed in the rooms are not cleaned on a daily basis or clean towels ...
supplied on a daily basis they just come in and empty the bins. But on the whole its a good budget place to stay. Would I go back again no, but I never go back to the same place twice!

Tour Operator: Firstchoice/thomson

Amanda & Jaki had a holiday at Gardenya Hotel & Apartments in September 2008
Just returned from a weeks visit to the Gardenya.
Rooms basic, but had everything we needed. The
staff very friendly especially Sergio. Its quiet and within walking distance from bar street. We will be returning next year. Cant wait!!!!!!!

Tour Operator: Onur Air

stacey and tony visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum, Turkey in June 2008
we had a wicked holiday.Ibo, sergio and orlando were great entertainers. the parties and steak night are fantastic and will definatly visit again. Everyone is so friendly and they make lovely toast haha

Tour Operator: thompson

karen stayed at Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum, Turkey in September 2007
Hi we went right at the end of September and expected the hotel to be pretty quiet but it was quite busy.The accommadation was really clean and comfortable. We started out in a b&b room but I decided that I missed the self-catering facillaties and asked if we could be moved. The next morning I was shown three differant appartments and chose a studio for two people which only cost me an extra

Tour Operator: thomson

Phil & Gaynor had a holiday at Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum in June 2007
We found the Gardenya to be ok, a small bed room and a smallish pool, certainly not the three star we were expecting more like a two star. The hotel is quite dated, probably built in the early eighties with no modernisation since, the furniture and bedding etc must date from then too.

The staff were very good as was the food, their prices were certainly below average for Bodrum too.

This holiday was very cheap, I don\'t suppose you can expect a five star hotel for that price.

sam and bev visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum in June 2007
This was the 1st time I'd been self catering,there was everything you needed. The room was perfect for the 2 of us, the rooms were cleaned everyday.

The hotel location couldn't have been better only short distance to the sea and shops.

The entertainment was okay the bar staff were brillaint they made the evenings playing games at the bar, the music wasn't so good though they played the same stuff everyday.

The hotel food was cheap and lovely so was the drinks.

Fox family had a holiday at Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum in May 2007
Having read other reviews on the forum our expectations were high of this accomodation, on our arrival Friday 4th May 2007 we were some-what alarmed to be told that the Gardenya was under new ownership, we did not need to have worried however the ownership has not changed, but a new catering and bar team are now in place.

It is still a very nice complex with space for everyone, the rooms are so well equiped it is almost un true, every cupboard reveals a new appliance, sandwich toaster, juicer, Iron, Hairdryer, even an Ironing board (much to my wifes disgust)all kept very clean and enjoyable by a busy team of cleaners.

Tour Operator: Thomson

mcfarlanes stayed at Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum in July 2006
Don\'t hesitate to book this place. Good, clean basic accomodation well sited in Bodrum ideal for a family holiday.

Everyone at the hotel are very friendly - 10 min walk to the beach nice and quiet at night.
No entertainment at the complex as such but just a short stroll before you hit the restaurants etc.

Turkey is still good value for money with exceptionally friendly people who are only too happy to pass the time of day with you. First Stop and Golden Plate good places to eat but so are so many places and all at very reasonable prices.

Wain visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum, Turkey in September 2005
Just returned from our third stay at the Gardenya. Once again we have had a brilliant holiday mainly due to the excellent care of the staff. All of the staff (cleaners, barmen and reception) do everything they can to make your stay perfect.

The food is reasonably priced and well presented (ignore the refrigerated case, in the entrance, which looks awful)

The Gardenya is situated far enough away from the centre of Bodrum to avoid the noisy nightclubs, but near enough to be able to stagger back from them in the early hours.

The Turkish nights at the Gardenya are great fun. There is no other formal entertainment, however, the barmen spend most of the time ensuring that guests of all ages (we are in are late fifties) are entertained.

Kathleen visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum in September 2005
I'm just home from the Gardenya hotel and it was the best holiday I ever had. The hotel is lovely, the rooms are clean the food is great.

We had a great time and most of that was down to the staff especially Volcan and Sweety Pie.

The hotel is not far from bar street were we went every night.

I am definitely going back to the Gardenya next year for two weeks, I wish I was there now.

Tour Operator: travel care

Tina Cessford visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum, Turkey in September 2005
I stayed at the Gardenya in sept 2005 with my husband Kev and youngest daughter Abi who was 5. We\'ve been coming to Bodrum for many years now as this is where we met. We enjoyed this hotel so much that we are returning in a few days, this time my son, in-laws and niece are joining us.

I would recommend this hotel to families, singles and couples alike, although it is difficult for people with mobility problems, it is a wonderful accommodation, basic but no more basic than all other accommodation in Turkey.

Staff were great and nothing too much trouble for them.

Looking forward to being back there.

sarah visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments in June 2005
I stayed in the apartments at the Gardenya and found that the apartments were basic although they were very comfortable and I had no complaints about the cleanliness as the maids were brilliant. Even though they work very long hours they were always smiling and polite.

There were 21 of us there, 15 adults and 6 children and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, especially Bam Bam and George, they made the holiday great they kept the bar open until we were finished, and all the staff were great with the kids.

Although we were self-catering we still eat at the hotel a couple of times and the food was great.

The location was ok in terms of it being close to the centre and the sea front and getting there was fine because it was down-hill but getting ...
back wasn't so easy as it was all up-hill and after a couple of drinks not so easy.

The entertainment was ok the Turkish night with the barbeque was fun and although there wasn

Tour Operator: thomas cook

Pearl Davison visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum, Turkey in October 2004

From Bodrum seafront to the Gardenya its all uphill. Great for waking long dormant muscles but not so great for those with mobility problems. In fact, that\'s my only gripe about our accommodation really. The actual Gardenya site is steps, steps, and more steps and therefore entirely. But oh! Such pretty steps. Each apartment is surrounded by flowers. Hibiscus and mirabilis being just two of the colourful plants that greet you each morning, each evening and in between.

Its only a few minutes walk down to the sea but if you don\'t like loud karaoke bars beware of Jimmy\'s Bar who will do their utmost to snare you in.

We managed successfully to avoid this scenario all week. Not our cup of tea.

Our one-bedroom apartment was not the biggest we have ever ...
stayed in but probably the most pleasant. Who needs sea views with all those wonderful flowers and views of the hillside from your balcony.

(If you use the ladies loo in the Gardenya\'s bar area you can see the sea and the castle)

Everything about the apartment was clean and tidy....until my lot moved in that is.

Beds were made everyday and towels and bedding changed once during the week. On change day towels and bedding are arranged in various shapes and scattered with flowers.

The cleaners went well beyond their call of duty and we would return home to find the morning\'s washing up done and neatly stacked on the drainer.

Every other SC accommodation I have stayed in has provided buckets, mops and brooms. There was none of this and you felt that despite it being a SC holiday you really were expected to do nothing for yourself.

Everyday the cleaners left little bunches of flowers in a glass on the table.

Such lovely simple touches make you feel special.

The staff in general were brilliant and really went out of their way to help and look after you.

They were all completely mad! Especially the lovely Ahmed and the lovely John/Jan (?).

By the end of the week, my shy and sad (she was pining for her boyfriend) teenage daughter referred to Ahmed as \'my friend\' because \'he\'s kind to me\'.

I have given entertainment a 5, not because there was any as such but because we were constantly entertained during our stay.

There was no Turkish night during the week we were there but this was probably down to the place being quite empty of guests with it being the end of the season.

No matter. Whilst it would have been fun to see the lads in drag and doing their own version of the Dreamboys (I think the big local cabaret is called)who needed entertainment on top of the already entertaining staff antics.

We didn\'t eat in the hotel restaurant at all but the menu was incredibly cheap.

There is a small shop under the hotel. Not very well-stocked, possibly due to end of season running down. But it was fine for water, sweeties and toilet roll etc.

I also got a very good exchange rate on travellers cheques in there.

We didn\'t use the pool, preferring to swim in the sea but it looked very clean and well maintained.

The public areas, lounge, bar etc were looking a little shabby decor-wise but again I put this down to it being the end of the season and would expect that if (Oh! How I wish) we returned in May everything would be fresh painted.

Hot water was a bit of a pain. Its solar heated so if you had used the hot water in the evening it would be some time before it was hot enough to use again the next day. And the tank didn\'t hold enough for four showers.

We got round this by using the big plastic bowl provided in the bathroom and bathing old fashioned in front of the fire style. Without the fire.

Not the height of luxury....but do I look like I care?

On our last morning there the cleaners knocked everyone\'s door to say goodbye (collect their tips).

They embraced the ladies and handed us a small posy of flowers and shook hands with the gents.

They deserved every extra penny they earned in tips that day!

All in all, a fantastic place to stay if you like a holiday on the quieter side and without all the trimmings.

The Gardenya would without a doubt be our first choice of accommodation should we be fortunate enough to visit Turkey again.

Tour Operator: Thomson

giverny stayed at Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum in August 2004
best holiday ever. the best part of the holiday was the staff, the holiday wouldnt be nearly half as great if it wasn\'t for them. they\'re so friendy and fun, iv bin back for 1 day and am already depressed because im not with them. the food at the hotel is lovely. we only ever ate out twice in 2 weeks. the apartments are extremley clean and was cleaned every day, the cleaners left lovely suprises such as flowers on the beds and towels in different shapes, such as hearts and boats. turkish night was absolutley great. im going back in october and next year.

Tour Operator: thompson

songul unlu and mike adams visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments in August 2004
We visited bodrum for the first time. The hotel is located near the town, takes 15-20 min by walking to get the town centre. Food is very cheap and delicious. very helpful,friendly staff. once week there is a turkish night in the hotel, it is a brillant deal!!!

Highly recommended!!!!

Tour Operator: jewel in the crownn

donna and sheila finch visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum, Turkey in August 2004
We found the hotel clean and well presented.

The food was superb and very cheap. We particularly enjoyed the buffet on the Thursday Turkish night.

The location was great, 10mins to beach and shops.

The hotel staff were a great laugh and very friendly.

We look forward to visiting this hotel again early next year.

sue had a holiday at Gardenya Hotel & Apartments, Bodrum, Turkey in August 2004
We stayed here for 2 weeks and had a fab holiday.

The staff were great the pool lovely and apartments were basic, but very clean. We have just come back from a holiday in Tenerife and have booked to go back to the Gardenia next July.

We cant wait to have a lovely holiday again. We are taking friends with us as they cant believe all we say about these apartments. Would recomend these apartments to anyone who wants a holiday in Turkey.

Our kids had a great time with the staff who will play in the pool with the kids and keep them entertained.

Mariet visited the Gardenya Hotel & Apartments in July 2004
It was all so beautiful, and I\'m back now in Holland for 1 day and I miss it already...

Tour Operator: Peter Langhout