12 independent reviews of the Majesty Club Tarhan Beach
Address: Mersindere Mevkii Mavisehir Altinkum, Didim 09250, Turkey
Majesty Club Tarhan Beach
Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Location
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Didim

Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Majesty Club Tarhan Beach is rated 2.58 out of 5 from 12 Reviews

Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Reviews

"Great fun for kids, but that’s where the fun ends"
Nigel Sarah Jake Fin stayed at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, Didim in July 2010
Club Tarhan Hotel is a lovely Complex with plenty of Nice Gardens & 2 pools 1 of which has 2 slides Fantastic for the kids!
But I'm afraid that's where it stop's, I'm going to give a very fair review of this Hotel.

Cleanliness, on the face of it the hotel appears to be kept very clean, there is an army of cleaners.

Whilst we were there our rooms were cleaned out & beds made nearly every day, however not once was the room mopped, we had to hassle reception for new Toilet rolls which is poor.

The food for children was virtually non-existent, my youngest 10 year old lived on bread & chocolate spread & chips when they had them which was not all the time, for not so fussy eaters I would say the selection of food was acceptable.

Drinks, the local spirits ...
was vile apart from Amereto, god knows how the Russians & possibly some Germans drank the nasty vodka neat it's the worst I have tasted. The coke, orange etc was sometimes watered down so there were obviously measures being taken to stretch the drinks.

However there are some major health & safety issues at this hotel regarding food hygiene, firstly all food apart from cakes biscuits are served outside, I spotted 4 birds on the food counters at 1 sitting, & the birds are as regular diners at meal times than we was.

Next is the basic hygiene of the utensils & tables, the waiters tried not to change the table cloths, they simply came along with a brush & brushed off the food left behind by the previous diners, only when the table cloth was an absolute soiled mess did they change it. I witnessed a waiter drop a fork on the floor pick it up & place it back onto the table, also seen a whole lot of knife forks sitting in a chair, very alarming & no wonder why so many people was Ill whilst I was there.

Lastly on the food was hot food was not always hot, I fetched Roast potatoes & they was stone cold, it was not like it all the time but if you’re like me & you like Hot food Hot then best not visit this place.

Lastly the pools, both of my 2 lads got ear infections from the pools, they had to be put on drips at the clinic & was told not to go into the water for 5 days, the pool that has the slides going in was green after about 6 days, I watched them pour in 100 litres of chlorine in the pools 1 night, & the same again the next day, that restored them back to looking clean, but I'm afraid to say that I spoke to several guests who all got ear infections, it cost me £150 in drugs for my 2 sons.

Turkish guest's get preferential treatment, I have never seen so many ignorant people who regularly pushed in the queues for drinks & when they did the bar staff served them straight the way. I was disgusted by the way some staff behaved & I'm afraid it's another negative point on this hotels bad points.

Overall I would only just give this place a 3* rating, it's a shame because the actual complex looks nice but is in need of maintenance & the management defiantly need to be taught how to look after guests. It cost us £3000 for this holiday & is easily the worst quality holiday I have been on.

Recommended: No

Linda had a holiday at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, Didim in July 2009
The reviews of this hotel offer a fair reflection of what we found during our visit. Overall I would rate the hotel as a good 3*.

The transfer from Bodrum Airport took about an hour and a half. The hotel, grounds and pools are very well maintained and were always very clean. The weather was glorious every day we were there, though sometimes a bit breezy.

We had a spacious twin room with a bunk bed which overlooked the swimming pool. We pushed the beds together to make a double. The music from the bar area had always stopped by 11.30, and was never so loud that it kept us awake. The on-site nightclub is below the main building, and we were never disturbed by it.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. They didn\'t all speak English, but there ...
were guests from many other Eastern/Western European countries who also had to be catered for.

As for the food, there was plenty of fresh, soft breads and a wide selection of salads and mediterranean-style vegeatables. The meat dishes lacked variety but most were tasty. There was also an a la carte Sea Restaurant, which was not part of the all-inclusive option, which offered steaks, kebabs and fish dishes in a water-front taverna setting. A meal for 3 including beer came to about 60 lira (

Tour Operator: Ole Holidays

Hot Holidays

Roxie stayed at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, Didim in June 2009
We booked this holiday on a last minute deal through teletext holidays. The resort is advertised as a 5* and the facilities pretty much reflect this however the food is more like 3-4*. We paid

Tour Operator: Teletext Holidays

S. Gosden visited the Majesty Club Tarhan Beach in August 2008
We were a little bit worried going since we had booked via Thomas Cook, who had rated it 4*, before reading any reviews. Some of the reviews (on sites like this one) were quite bad, but it was too late to do anything but go! However, the bad reviews proved unfounded.
We have been to two other club hotels in other Turkish resorts (Bodrum and Kusadasi) and this compared very favourably. There were four of us: my wife and I plus two adult children aged 19 and 22.
The isolated location was not a real drawback though Kusadasi is better, in that Ephesus is right next door, and both Bodrum and Kusadasi are more interesting as seaside resorts than Didim/Atinkum. We took the Dolmus to Atinkum once but didn

Tour Operator: Thomas cook

Joe Smith stayed at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, Didim, Turkey in July 2008
I can

Tour Operator: Goldtrail

timbon stayed at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, Didim in September 2007
What a disaster holiday! It was booked as a 5 star AI but turned out to be a barely 3 star self catering because we ate out most of the time due to poor, cold food.
The staff wre apathetic at best apart from one member of the bar staff. We asked to be moved after the first 12 hours but had to suffer the whole week. Thank god we had been to Turkey before or this experience would have put us off ever returning to Turkey.
Advice to anybody even considering a bargain holiday at Tarhan, dont bother, it is depressing!!!

Tour Operator: holiday click

HELEN/MICK had a holiday at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, Didim, Turkey in August 2007
We have just arrived back from Club Tarhan We booked the holiday as a 5* A/I but dont be fooled it is more a 3*.When i booked the holiday i stated i needed some where that was flat,there were ramps that were very steep,and countless steps.I requested a wheelchair for a friend it was a nightmare to push and should be condemed.No one cared, all the reps,and the staff were not interested in trying to get a replacement.The food was always only luke warm,and alcholic drinks very limited.For what i paid i feel very annoyed drinks had to be paid for after 11pm this is the first time this has happened to us, A/L in the past has meant all drinks were free no matter what time of day.Swimmings were great, and the weather was good but after that i can\'t give a good report.

Tour Operator: GOLDTRAIL TRAVEL

lindsey visited the Majesty Club Tarhan Beach, Didim in August 2007
we stayed all inclusive in club tarhan.
the hotel is very clean and the cleaner comes every day if you do not want the cleaner ( as we didnt one day)just leave the do not disturb door hanger. when we saw the lady cleaner later on that same day she asked us if we needed clean towels ( they leave clean towels when cleaning) and brought us some around. the hotel food is pretty basic with the same meal served for lunch and dinner. one or two nights where really nice though.( chicken kebab meat with salad and chips)
some people complained that the eggs werent cooked properly but i had omelette every day for brekkie and apart from the gooey bit where the cheese had melted they were lovely. the hotel is quite away from anything else but a 30 min ...
ride on the bus for 1.50 lira takes you to altinkum which is where you will find all the normal holiday attractions, entertainment is poor in the hotel but i recommend valentines in altinkum for good food drink and entertainment. hotel staff are friendly and they make a big fuss over children (which my daughter whos 5 didnt like) i would go back again because the hotel is fantastic looking and is very clean and friendly.

Tour Operator: goldtrail

maureen stayed at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, Didim in June 2007
very disapointing definetly not 5star more like 3star staff not friendly except only 2 waiters ali and ozan who were great.food was awful same food every day for 2 weeks mainly salads and pasta. when there was meant to be cooked food it was always cold and not cooked properly.lots of complaints.snack bar just as bad spagetti and pizza every day and only one small ice cream per person. mini bar was so exspensive. entertainment was very poor both for adults and children. this hotel was a real let down would definetly not recomend it. there is lots of 5star hotels in turkey that are far superior than this. just glad this wasnt our first trip to turkey at a 5star all inclusive hotel as if it was its enough to put you .

Tour Operator: travel lite

Rebecca Long had a holiday at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, Didim, Turkey in June 2007

Club Tarhan looked fantastic in the brochure (how dissapointing!) Had i known it was a fully inclusive Hotel in the middle of no where i wouldn\'t have gone.

Firstly the cleanliness of the Hotel was to standard,the food was the same everyday and didn\'t cater for kids.Didn\'t find the staff over friendly,couldn\'t help thinking there was an atmosphere.

To top our Holiday off the entertainment it was extremely poor! This was important to me and my Daughter aged 6 we were looking forward to letteing our hair down and having a laugh.Unfortunatley this didn\'t happen!

Childrens disco lasted approx 30 mins the same 5 songs for 7 nights,adults was entertained by members of staff (well you can imagine!)

Tour Operator: Thomas Cook

Family had a holiday at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach, Didim in April 2007
Have just returned from this hotel which is only the second time we have experienced all inclusive.

We have quite mixed feelings concerning this hotel in that we did read previously that it\'s location was slightly remote. We, however found it very remote/middle of nowhere.

We found most of the reception staff efficient though slightly aloof. The waiters in general were very friendly, though on our second day our 15 month old baby managed to break 2 plates (no baby plastics)and 1 pepper pot, and as a result was given a telling off by a very miserable waiter.

The snack bar was a complete waste of time as it took half an hour to get our order taken (miserable waiter)and with 3 hungry kids, an hour to get pizza and chips wasn\'t our idea of fun.

Wasn\'t allowed in any pools one day as ...
some sand had blown in. (It took some angry people to get the baby pool open).

Only ate in the buffet style canteen after the 1 snack bar visit, which we found okay, though was the same food just about every day. Fresh orange juice was charged extra for (about

Tour Operator: Thomas cook

Tina stayed at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, Didim, Turkey in March 2007
We booked this hotel as a late deal via teletext and we were a bit worried as we got it so cheap. We had never been to Turkey before so it was all new to us.

We flew with Onur Air who are the Turkish equivalent to Easy Jet, the planes are like USA coach flights with two rows and an aisle. There are 3 seats in a row which was good as there were only 3 of us travelling. There was a bit of confusion at Gatwick, we checked in at point D, but they were checking in two flights from the same desk and only had one check in clerk, but it was all good. As the plane was not big you felt the turbulence a little more than you normally would, and being that Bodrum airport is ...
in between two mountains it can get a little bumpy. The flight crew were not very talkative, you boarded, took of and within half an hour they were feeding you, the food is traditional Turkish food, usually lamb with rice and Turkish rice pudding, it was edible but not to everyones liking.

We landed at Bodrum in the early hours and there was a huge queue for the visa desk, so might be worth getting your visa before hand. We collected our luggage, and made our way to our coach ready for our 1.5hr ride to the hotel, it was very dark which in some ways was a good thing.

It was very very cold when we landed which surprised me a little as I thought it would be warmer than it was, it was a mere 8deg in Bodrum and dropped down to 6deg when we arrived at our hotel. We arrived at the resort at 6.15am we were all very tired.

The hotel looked lavish as you entered, all marble flooring and stairs. We checked in very quickly, the gave us our own wristbands to put on, and took our passports, they stuck stickers on our cases and we made our way to our room.

The hotel is very well laid out, the little villas were ample for us although several people were complaining there was not enough room. I personally really liked them. I have to say this is by far one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at but that could be because it had only opened for the season some 2 days earlier. They usually open on the 1st May and this year they decided to open on 1st April to see how it went. There were 75 people at the hotel including ourselves but by the end of the week there were 150.

There is a property company based at the hotel and they have a lot of English couples there viewing properties locally in Altinkum.

They have several restaurants at the hotel which all open at different times, not all the restaurants were open when we stayed. The food in the main buffet was ok, be sure to check that the BBQ food is cooked through as on several occasions we found our poultry still pink. The rice is very good, and my husband loved the desserts but they were a little too sweet for me. One thing I will say is that Turkish bread is the best bread I have ever eaten and the soup at the hotel was very nice too. The buffet is outside so I often found the food cold but as I said earlier it was very cold that time of year so it would probably be better in the warmer months. The buffet didn't seem to cater much for children. There is the Sunset Snack bar which opens at 11am they serve the best cheese pitta bread ever, they also serve, burgers, fries, freshly made to order pizza etc. They also serve snacks and ice cream at the lobby bar around 4pm. The lobby bar closes for all inclusive at 11pm, so it is worth loading up with drinks before this time. The reception clocks are set 5 minutes fast so go by those times when looking at the bar time.

The hotel is actually in Didim, there are two little stores outside the hotel, and the dolmus stops at the top of the road every 15 minutes.

The hotel has its own private beach, which i should imagine is lovely in peak season. There are plenty of loungers around the resort and there is always somewhere for you to relax. I really liked the layout of the hotel but I am not sure I would like it in peak season when it is full. We found the staff a little unfriendly, especially at reception, but at the same time I think this is just the Turkish way they are not rude just not very good at English.

There is a small shop at hotel everything in price up in Euros and is doubled to convert to YTL. It is very expensive in the shop so be warned. The Hotel has a photographer. This is well worth a visit, we did a photo shoot while we were there and were over the moon with out pictures. You can check them out via the link in my CLUB TARHAN topic in Turkey forum. The photographers Alit and Aaron were very friendly and spoke excellent English. They do have an entertainments team and bless them they do try to get people to take part, but it was hard as there were not a lot of people at the hotel.

There are plenty of things to do at the hotel but most incur a charge, billiards is 4YTL for half an hour and 8YTL for an hour. You are issued with a card when you check in which you use around the hotel for paying for things you can pay if off daily or at the end of your visit its up to you.

Note the mini bar is very expensive we didn't use our card at all while we were there but many others did and were shocked when they got their bills.

There is a Turkish Bath at the hotel, the lady there is very persistent and it is rather expensive, if you see the Travel Lite rep they do an excursion to a local bath for

Tour Operator: Holiday Click