3 independent reviews of the Colossus Hotel
Address: Adnan Menderes Cad. Zengin Huseyin Sok. No:26 Bodrum Merkez, Bodrum 48400, Turkey
Colossus Hotel
Colossus Hotel Location
Ranked #48 of 51 hotels in Gumbet

Colossus Hotel Colossus Hotel is rated 2 out of 5 from 3 Reviews

Colossus Hotel Reviews

"It was just shocking"
miss reay visited the Colossus Hotel in August 2011
Never in this world have I stayed in such a hovel.

Ants running around in our rooms and no hot water some days and days where no water at all.

Food, I would not have fed it to my dog. Recycled most days from lunch time reused at dinner. Poor personal hygiene, i.e. hairs in food, always cold, two flights of stairs to restaurant not good if you have walking difficulties.

Health and safety issues, i.e. swimming pool steps came out the ground reported 4 times nothing done about it.

Most staff very rude asking for tips no sooner had we arrived, and the manager was waste of time.

There was no entertainment apart from music which is loud and the same songs every night, no thought for those trying to sleep.

I would not board my dogs here, would not return even if it was free, it was just shocking.

Recommended: No

becky visited the Colossus Hotel, Gumbet, Turkey in June 2009
Arrived for a family holiday in July/August 2009 and would say from the beginning we have been to Turkey several times before but we would NEVER go here again. Rooms in dire need of renovating - we moved rooms 3 times and the only decent thing about the last room was that it had a table and chairs and a balcony. Rooms dirty, electrical sockets hanging from walls, sliding wardrobe doors as dividing wall from lounge and bedroom, main doors to apartment and balcony hanging out from the wall! This accommodation deserved 1* and certainly nothing else. Grotty accommodation and certainly wouldnt waste your money in going - you have been warned!

Tour Operator: bookable holidays

Hot Holidays

The Pughs had a holiday at Colossus Hotel in June 2008
We booked this hotel for a family holiday, my husband, myself and my mum and dad. We thought that it would be ideal as it was in a great location in Bodrum and it was rated as 4 star, we were in for a terrible shock.

We arrived at 4.30 in the morning and were told that there was no room booked for us, which we were fine with because mistakes happen. The manager was called and after half an hour we were told that it was an admin error and we got a room (now 5 in the morning). We were woken up at 830 by the cleaners who wanted to change the beds, again a harmless mistake, but by 10am the fun really began.

We were woken by the loudest music I have ever heard with the bass so ...
high that the rooms and the beds shook. But when you heard the lyrics of the music it was even worse, I can't even put the words here as they were so vulgar. We could not sit by the pool as the music was so loud that we couldn't hear each other speaking. We asked the bar staff if they would turn it down and they did - for 5 minutes each of the five times we asked on the first day. Over the next three days we asked the bar staff, then the reception and finally the manager to turn the music down as we had no sleep and asked for the incredibly offensive song not to be played.

The bar staff sniggered and laughed at us and delighted in putting the song on full volume as soon as we went back into the hotel. The manager said there was nothing he could do and that it was us who had the problem and that "our opinions and our money did not matter".

When we eventually gave up and decided that we had to leave and find another hotel for the sake of our sanity we were verbally abused at the reception desk and accused of owing money for bar purchases that we never made. I could not believe that this was supposed to be a 4 star hotel, it was more like a nightclub, with the must aggressive staff I have ever encountered.

My only advice would be stay away from this hotel. our holiday was ruined we had to pay over

Tour Operator: Bookable Holidays