218 independent reviews of Sarigerme, Turkey

Sarigerme is rated 3 out of 5 from 218 Reviews

Sarigerme Hotels

Sarigerme Reviews

Bennett visited here on September 2007
If you are going away with kids I think this is an ideal resort, there are kids clubs all day and night.

I would not recomend this resort to couples or friends,

the beach was of a very poor standard so much so we never went near it, the sand (what\'s there of it) is in actual fact full of stones. There are no coast guards on this beach and the sea seems quite lethal for that reason I would not suggest taking kids here, having spoken to other guests who visited the beach they had told me that the sea suddenly went from waist height to you being unable to touch the ground.

I would never visit this hotel again ...
and wouldn\'t recomend it to anyone either, I recon I must have spoken to at least a dozen people who were all of the same opinion as me.

G Groves visited here on August 2007
Lovely quiet beach - not a soul for miles - not the best sand in the world but the setting made up for it right in front of the hotel (make sure you wear covered in shoes as sand will burn your feet). Water sports available - we did the banana boats and 2 man speed boats which were great fun. Sarigerme village small and nothing else for miles - we thought it was great fun - loads of genuine designer fake shops and a lovely shops that sells turkish delights, teas, spices etc with a lovely shopkeeper offering us samples of everything with no hard sell. Man in clothing shop just as you enter the village on ...
your right will alter jeans while you wait for no extra cost. Had 2 lovely meals in the Paradise restaurant - the second time we went the chef came out with loads of samples of local dishes for us to try and explained how they were all made - very nice. Apart from the Pegasos hotels there are no other hotels in the area and just farmland for miles around and you get the sense that you have visited the area before it is taken over by tourism completely which we really liked.

Carol visited here on August 2007
Difficult to really state too much about the resort as we really only stayed within the complex.

The village market was really nice, everyone trying to get you to buy from them, cheaper than chips, cheaper than Netto and Asda etc. It was very clean and the people were friendly enough.

Only went onto the beach once as it was quite pebbly, the sea was lovely and warm and the beach was very clean with some watersports on offer - didn\'s use this facility so cannot make any comment about it.

In a few years time I think this resort will have grown and there will be many more hotels, I would return to the Holiday Village again.

Briggs visited here on August 2007
Only went into Sarigerme for the market which is a must for your cheap clothes etc. I bought shirts for work and have found that they are better quality than most bought in the UK and cost three for a tenner.
The resort is small and is up and coming. there is a big 5*+ German resort that is very expensive nearby. A championship golf course is being built. in a few years this will be a bustling place. One good thing any building work must halt during the holiday season.
The beach is not very good due to the fact that tutles that nest are protected and as a result it has to be left alone. The beach into the sea ...
shelves very steeply and has quite a strong current so i would say unless you are a very good swimmer stick to the hotel pool.
I dis not use any entertainment in Sarigerme therfore cannot comment hence the low mark, the entertainment in the complex was very good

duncan visited here on July 2007
Sarigerme is small, but clean. We only went for the Sunday Market, but found the locals very friendly and helpful.

The beach is empty bar a few sunbeds and a guy that does Parasailing and banana pulls. The sand gets red hot and shelves rapidly downwards, and may not be suitable for young children.

the millards visited here on July 2007
the sun is very hot we used factor 50 and my teenager burnt badly so please be aware if you have kiddies,beach is nice again beware with kids if you go in the sea as it suddenly drops about 2 foot,overall a fab holiday would defo go again

Mr & Mrs Morris visited here on July 2007
Th resort is out in the sticks but you have everything you need on site, you don\'t need to go out.
Can\'t say much for the beach as we only walked down there, could be a bit dangerous for small children as drops of very suddenly and very shingly, but very clean.
Entertainment very good, team worked hard every night and put on some good shows. it was nice when they had shows come in expecially the turkish dancers and the hipmatist, there was a bazaar in the grounds on a saturday and also camel rides which was really nice.. Enjoy your stay..its fantastic...

jones visited here on July 2007
The beach was a grey colour but was quite gritty, and there is an under current and a steep drop just in the sea.

We were alo told there was massive ants there which rear up and come at you, although I never saw them as we only went to the beach once.

It was always empty as I think people prefered to stay by the pool and the bar.

Pringle visited here on July 2007
Sarigerme is a small village near the First Choice Holiday Village. Excellent market there every Sunday - very cheap bargains. The Guys that run Sarigerme Tours are brilliant and would definitely recomment that you book any trips via them.

The beach is nice but sea level drops quickly - also quite big waves so need to watch children really closely as so easy for them to get out of their depths.

Nothing much else nearby - need to get taxi to take you anywhere. Holiday Village is pretty isolated.

kerrie jackson visited here on July 2007
There is a beach attached to the hotel which we only visisted once as were not beach people but it has sunbeds available and watersports.
They ask you not to go on the beach between 8pm and 8am as its a breeding ground for loggerhead turtles where they lay there eggs.It was a bit gritty but i suppose if you only want to sunbathe you not going to lay on it.
The village is a 3 min taxi ride costs 7 lira(3 quid roughly)and theres a few shops there and a sunday market.
I wouldnt reccomend the market unless you enjoy getting hassled.I hated it but the local shops are great and we even got a ice cold apple tea on our second ...
visit to a shop where the owner remembered us.Support the locals as they wont rip you off!!!!Theres not much in the village its just a little strip of restaraunts,bars and shops with a few travel agencies but they are dead cheap so try and book your trips there.
Theres not much else around so if you want to relax and soak up the sun this is for you.
I would reccomend a day out to marmaris for all the shopaholics like myself but pop into town and book through the agencys down there as its half the price what we paid through first choice and you get longer to shop in marmaris.

Lefty's visited here on June 2007
Sarigerme is a very quiet town and costs 7 Lira via taxi. We only visited it during Sunday (market day). People very friendly without being too pushy... infact they were really funny with their \'cheap as chips\', \'genuine fake\' and \'cheaper than Primark\' calls!!!

Andrews visited here on June 2007
Overrall we had a very good holiday. The Pegasos Palace caters totally for families. My only two complaints are the air conditioning was not the greatest, when we arrived in Turkey it was 51 degrees, therefore we had expected it to be of a higher standard.The hotel has no cashline facilites and the nearest one\'s are either a trip back to the airport or to the town of Ortaca which both cost around
&17 in a taxi. The hotel grounds are fantastic, they are lovely and green with plenty of walkways to the beach and around the complex. We would certainly return to this hotel as it offered all my families requirements.

Carrie Smith visited here on May 2007
For the first 4 days of our holiday we couldn\'t stay on the beach because the sand was too hot to walk on. The pools are fantastic but get very busy and noisy. The resort wa always spotless- you could always see someone cleaning. the staff were well turned out and very friendly and helpful. Some of the first choice reps/entertainers were very \'in your face\' and it got a bit too much when we wanted a quiet meal. Our eldest loved the kid\'s clubs- well run, interesting, friendly staff.

wurzel visited here on May 2007
Sarigerme is a lovely little village, it has several shops, small bars, restuarants.
Every Sunday there is a market, there are taxi\'s & dolmus (local buses), the buses are very reasonable 2.5 Lira approx £1 to Ortaca the nearest town.
The beach is quiet and clean but at time some parts have to be left & closed as the Turtles lay there eggs on the beach.
The local people are very friendly.
Visit the Dolfin Bar this is so layed back, the meals are reasonable & good quality, they have an area with bean bags it very nice, Erol the guy that owns it is a very nice man.
If you want to do a trip go to Sarigerme Tours & see Oz

Rob Rymond visited here on May 2007
Sarigerme is a very small resort, the village is friendly with a few shops and bars and there is one nightclub called Club X-Line which is pretty good.

Sarigerme Tours is a must visit to see Oz, go on the Jeep Safari!

The resort may grow in a few years, but it is certainly traditional as it is.

Steph visited here on May 2007
The resort was really big, but so clean. Not once did i see any cigarette butts on the floor or any rubbish. The entertainment was ok, they all worked really hard to give us a good time but its hard to find something for everyone. The beach was ok, not the golden beaches of the carribean but they had sand and sunbeds. You cant dig to much as its a nature reserve but my son enjoyed the waves which get quite big there. I would defeinanlty go back again, im hoping to go next year with some more of my family as we loved it so much.

Ford Family visited here on October 2006
Only went down to Sarigerme to the Sunday market and to book trips with Mustapha at Sarigerme tours. They offer the same trips as First Choice but are cheaper and have much smaller groups.

hughes visited here on September 2006
We stayed at the Pegasus Palace with so many pools on offer I'm afraid we never used the beach, plus we had 1 year old in pushchair which made the beach hard work although we did make use of the water sports and they were brilliant.
The sand is ok, although the water edge is very stoney. I'm told because of the turtles so I wouldn't change it.

Serigerme has a lovely quaint town, with market on sunday definalty get your cheap bargains here.

Lovely views from every angle, lots of mountains.

stephens family visited here on September 2006
ENTERTAINMENT-bingo and quiz every night cabarets etc
ther was also a games room with pool tables air hockey ten pin bowling internet access £4.00 for 1 hour
BEACH-not that great

also the town was about a 20 min walk or 7 lira in a taxi we couldnt find a cash machine either
the market is on a sunday (in town) -lets just say scarey experiance they want to shake your hand and then drag you over to stall and put bracelets on hand there is a narket at the hotel on a saturday however but quite small

Harland visited here on September 2006
We knew before we arrived that the complex was in the middle of knowhere, but to be honest this wasnt to much of a problem. The reports I read of the beach before I arrived were poor, but to be honest I don't think it was that bad, not that I would recommend this for a beach based holiday.

Quick hotel find:
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa  stars Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
It's the facilities that really set this hotel apart. You’ve got seven outdoor pools and three indoor ones, plus an aqua park playground with slides and chutes. Add a state-of-the-art spa and plenty of daytime activities, and you’re pretty much spoilt for choice.

Latest Review: Sep 2013

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Sarigerme

Holiday Village Turkey Hotel  stars Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Located 25km from the village of Sarigerme, the Holiday Village Turkey is made up of two hotels the Palace and the Suntopia.

Latest Review: Oct 2012