Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bellingham, are you here yet?

yes the website does look great and if you read through these threads you'll find Violet123 has been really helpful.

The hotel certainly has very few British so I would bear this in mind. I don't mind this but was a little concerned about the kids mixing, however after showing them the waterpark and fairground they say they don't mind at all so I am definately giving it serious consideration for the last week in June for fortnight.
HI pamplemousse, Thats the only think that puts me of it the lack of English, its the same in any hoel in that area(Lara, Belek, Side) i have always wanted to go that part of Turkey as you get the best 5star hotels, we are also looking at Egypt with Thompsons, but cannot make our mind up. i just wish more English would go to Lara, alao you have been to LW we are of their in 6 weeks on Monday i have just seen some more photos and it looks great, we have booked 2 double villlage rooms, i woold loke to be in P block right by the adult pool. Yours Janice
pamplemousse, i know what your saying but they are obviously trying for interconnecting as that is what weve payed extra for,other wise i could say they havent given me an equivelent booking.i still cant get my head round the fact we booked this holiday 11 months ago!!
But can yoo not use this as a bargining tool for some decent compensation to boot I thought
We have booked the above for next july. It seems to have good reviews. Has anyone been recently? Thanks Stephen
We were at the royal wings in june and had a fantastic time. The reception was nice, the service was great the food was brilliant the pool was massive. Nobody could put the towels out till 9am otherwise they were removed. I went down with the towels at 8.45 and read a book for 1/2 hour.
All the ala carte restraunts were good and the turkish was the best service i have ever had. Had a body scrub in the spa which was great. All the staff were friendly. Very relaxing holiday because there is nothing around there except for other 5 star hotels which you can have a tour around. This is the best hol we hav had upto now. We have booked the barut Lara resort for next year which is a bit closer to the airport and looks great.
Have a look at the reviews on tripadvisor to set your mind at rest.
Anything you need to know just drop me a line.
:D Simon
Hi all,
Has anyone been to this hotel?
could you tell me if it is nice,is the pool large,do they provide beach towels
many thanks Mel
Would anyone know the e-mail address for the Royal Wings Hotel Lara Beach? I have tried to contact the hotel via the contact form on the hotel's web site but this does not seem to be working. Thanks
Booked for June next year for Royal Wings Lara beach, just a little concerned that it is isolated. Anyone advise how long it takes to get to Antalya / Side /Lara and what is at the resorts, would like to get out of the resort for 3 or 4 days. Would also like any advise on trips that are available. Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards

Ron
Lara is a purpose built resort and is mainly just a very long stretch of luxury 5 star hotels which all have wonderful facilities and are self contained. The area is still being developed but any major works stop in May.
We have been 4 times and love the luxury of these hotels. Once inside you will see no work and it has no effect to your holiday.There are now large shopping malls and lots of shops. The beach is nice and most hotels have piers/jetties. The view of the mountains is nice and in april when we last went you can see the snow still on the mountains but it is in the mid/high 20's around the pool and at the beach!!
The tour companies offer trips but also there are tour companies offering them from booths along the stretch in front of the hotels. Most hotels have a bus to Antalya which is close by. Some offer this service for free others charge a small fee. You can also travel by Dolmus which is very cheap. I think if you drive abroad a car would be a good idea, Side is quite away from lara and a couple we met hired a car for the day and went to the Mangavat waterfalls and market and then on to Side which is a nice area. We actually had their 2 teens for the day because they did not want to leave the resort and their new found friends!! The car hire firms bring the cars to the resort for you. We are off to spend Xmas and New year in Turkey for the first time and have chosen Lara again.
don't worry, you will have a great relaxing holliday.
We always choose barut lara beach resort....
jeroen
Yes that is our favourite resort and where we are going at xmas for our 3rd time and 2nd this year, 12 weeks today infact!!! but who is counting!
Hello, I am butting in here as my parents have just come back from the WOW hotel (topkappi (sp) hotel. Said it was amazing.

Who did/do you book with to go to Barut? Is this resort OK at Xmas?

ruth
Ruth
The Barut Lara is available from Thomas Cook.
Do you mean weather wise how is it at Xmas??
last year someone on here went to Lara beach area for 2 weeks and the weather was nice and in the 20's but it is a risk you take at that time of year! the hotels all have heated indoor pools and they will organise activities during the day. It will be much nicer than here for sure!!!
I think if your parents thought the Topikapi hotel was wonderful then the Barut will be more than suitable because it is a newer and a more highly regarded hotel.Some of the animators had left there and were at the Barut in april and they said the food is so much better at the Barut Lara. The location is better to.
The hotel has special gala dinners in the conference centre for xmas and new years eve and we spoke to a german couple who had been the last 2 years for xmas/new year and they said it was wonderful and are going again this xmas!! i am sure though all the lara beach hotels will do something special during the festive season. I think the Barut is now booked up for 2 week holidays but 1 week may still be available! Some other lesser known travel companies do it but not sure who. Cosmos do it in the summer months only!
The Limak lara is very nice but they do not have the 24 all-inclusive concept in winter and revert to local brands of Alcohol as do others in the area in winter!!
Anything else that I can help you with please ask!
Hello, I do not think I would go to Topkappi as my parents would not return. Think they were unimpressed due to being a minority and people were often rude to them at times. Not what you need when on holiday.

BUT - I was asking about Barut and what the resort was like at Xmas weather and activity wise really. Is the area very quiet at Xmas etc... It would not be for this year we are thinking abut next year really so places would be fine. In your opinion is the Barut about the best in the resort?

Thank you
Ruth
Hi Ruth
Yes without doubt but that is just my opinion, others will have their own favourites.
The Barut is number 1 on a german holiday site and another major site!
We have also been to the Limak Lara and the Delphin Palace.
If you are going next xmas then I will be able to tell you more when we return. We booked this holiday in january this year and it went up before selling out by £770 for the 3 of us. We are in a junior suite so have 24 hour room service and loads of extras. The standard rooms though are lovely and you get slippers and robes in the room.There is a dvd player and cd player in the room. In winter though the junior suites are not that much more I think it was £180 extra for all 3 of us but in summer the supplement is very high!
We usually go somewhere hot at xmas but decided to go for luxury this year. We went to cuba in 2006 and the hotel was not up to much and really the drinks and food were bad so we thought why not give Turkey a go. At least we know we will have lovely food, room and great drinks choices at the Barut lara!
Like I said before you have to be careful because some of the hotels stop the all-inclusive at midnight and only serve the local spirits in winter.
Any more advice on Royal Wings Lara, surely someone must have been there over the post 2 months ? , have read 2 bad reports from the past week .... any help appreciated

Regards

Ron
Just booked 2 rooms for 2 weeks for the 6 of us (kids 12, 9, 7,7) in late June, and am really excited now as I was beginning to panic having nothing booked for a change!

I've been looking since June this year when we came back from Aqua Fantasy, Kusadasi and was looking to either try the Royal Wings or return to Lykia World where we went in 2006 - brilliant place. Both though were coming out too expensive so I've been hanging on and waiting to see if the prices would reduce. Looks like patience has paid off as the Royal Wings has gone down from just under £4600 in June/July to £3978 with lovely day flights (could have got it right down for £3758 with a night one) with Direct Holidays who are giving me 2 free kids, even though they aren't advertising them on the website or in the brochure (TC were on their website through Direct Hols though so I had to give them a call)

Anyone else there still looking for a bargain might like to take a look as several hotels were coming up prety reasonable at long last.

Happy Holidays :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.