UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi There.

Would you be so kind as to provide a Link to your report please. I am very interested in reading it but I cannot find it under the Hotels Reviews section. Is Butlins Minehead a Hotel or a Holiday Camp?
Yes, that is it. Many Thanks. I could not find it anywhere. I live very close to Butlins in Skegness you see, and cannot imagine why anyone would want to book a holiday there if what i can see from the outside is anything to go by. So I am interested to read anything on Butlins just as a matter of curiosity.

:thanks :wave
forgot to put the link,D'oh! :oops:
forgot to put the link,D'oh!

Its Ok mate, I am the dork, I just could not find your report anywhere. But another member has very kindly provided a link and I have now read your report with great interest.
We are looking to book 3 nights break for New Year. I have heard that Butlins accommodation has all been upgraded.
We are looking to book Silver apartments.
Any ideas on eating out in Minehead, which is just up the road from Butlins.
We were thinking of having a nice meal earlish. Any ideas
Patty
When we went to Minehead in the summer we were very disappointed by the restaurants on the main throughfare. Everything looked pretty much the same sort of uninspiring fare. We picked a place that looked OK, and thats exactly what it was. OK.

Hopefully, someone who has hit a good 'un, will be able to give advice.

Down here, everywhere decent to eat on NYE is 50 per person. May be better arranging a simple, quality buffet, to have in your accommodation.

I have a mate staying at Butlins, Minehead this weekend I will report back. Silver doesn't sound very high on the list of levels to me though. If accommodation quality is on your list of must haves I, personally, would avoid Butlins.
Here's the report that I did for Keswick...........

We stayed there last weekend. We booked a Silver Apartment. Our accomodation was near the back of the resort in one of the 2 storey buildings, we were on the first floor (not the ones in rows, but similar to the 3 storey.) We had 3 bedrooms, 1 was a double and 2 with 2 singles. The double I think had a wardrobe built in, 2 bedside cabinets and a mirror. The other 2 had hanging space and 2 shelves and 1 bedside cabinet with 2 draws. The electric point in the single bedded rooms were hidden behind the bedside cabinet. The beds were comfortable enough, with 1 pillow on each bed. (I took an extra one each for me and hubby) The duvets and bedding were clean. There wasn't a mirror in 2 of the bedrooms so my brother unscrewed the one in the hallway and we shared that one.
The bathroom consisted of a shower, which was quite small but useable, not sure if this is the case if your really tall. ( I'm 5 ft 8" and I think I was about 6 inches from roof)
The living room/ kitchen had a 3 seater and a 2 seater leather settee and a normal size tv. A table with 6 beech style chairs. An electric cooker, microwave and toaster. Cutlery and crockery for 6. There were pans but we didn't have a frying pan (it was listed on the list inside the cupboard) but I'm sure they'd give us one if we went to the reception to ask. There was a pack in the kitchen with a tea towel, tiny bottle of washing up liquid, a cloth and a scourer pad thingy. There was also a full size ironing board (no iron) and a small clothes horse.
To get into the rooms they now use credit card style keys. We were issued with 2 and I asked for another and got one no problem.

It was very, very busy there with lots of hen and stag parties. It was an adult weekend. There were some sights to be seen!! The entertainment was dance music and was ok if you like that music. The Venga boys were there Friday night and Cain Dingle (Emmerdale) did a DJ slot on Friday night as well.

I think the resort looks a lot better than it has in the past. On the way home after a night out we passed lots of discarded bottle and cans and rubbish, but this was nowhere to be seen the next day, so the cleaning teams are working hard. Even though we were situated at the back it's not really that far to the entertainment (the weather was dry all weekend so we were lucky) There is a small shop just behind where we were. It was also quite quiet there in the accomodation.

We ate in the Hairy Dog pub which is in the town. Menu was good but we were dissappointed with service. I had Carbonara which to me was way too creamy. Brother and sis-in-law had to wait ages for theirs but it was lovely. Our other friend didn't even get hers (they forgot!!) but her hubby had a lovely meal.

We never book anything less than silver, the standard are just that, bog standard!

We're going again in February, 19 of us, Mums and daughters. Leaving the hubbys at home!

Anything else you want to know, just ask.
:?: :?: hi we are lookig at booking at butlins minehead for the wwe weekend in november on a half board basis. does anyone have any advice or previous experiences that they would like to share with me.
we haven't been for ages so just wanted to know what people think of it now, any help would be great.
we have 2 boys one is 11 and the other is 13 so how are they likely to find it ? and what is the food like on the half board.
many thanks everyone. :D :D
Hi sarebear ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing thread, which may provide some useul info.

We also have a reviews page for Butlins Minehead ... please click here.

David :wave
:? :? :? hi i could really do with some honest advice on butlins minehead.
i want to make a booking for myself and my husband plus 11 and 13 year old sons.
does anybody have any honest opinions on it , what is it like now ? what is the food like in half board etc ?
any tips wanted.
Hi

As David mentioned, we have reviews for Butlins Minehead HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi, it`s 20 years since we visited Butlins at Minehead, just for the day with a free pass from our accommodation in Watchet. We`d never been to Butlins, even though we do live fairly close to Skegness, but we were really disappointed, it was SO shabby and uncared for, and it put us off ever trying Butlins again.
Regarding Minehead itself, we`ve been back a couple of times since, it`s OK, and that`s about it, just OK.
We are going to Butlins Minehead on Friday for a weekend break. Can anyone advise how much they charge for drinks i.e bottles of Fosters, WKD and also spirits like Bacardi and lastly the average price of soft drinks?

Michelle :D
just got back from minehead have left a review on hotel reviews
i found butlins first class great for kids and adults
our 4 year old never stopped she loved the free fair ground and bobs yard with lots of kids ride
we stayed in the gold accommodation which was first class
we stayed on a family week which had great entertainment
would go back again :D
my daughter is going on a 1970,s weekender to minehead , what time does entertainment start and finish, does everything shut at 1am. what time would the music start and where throughout the day.
has any one stayed in the lakeside caravans in minehead butlins, can you recommend any for rent please, also are some situated in better areas than others. thanks
Hi,

I have a caravan at Butlins Minehead, if you want to contact me i can give you more details etc

Judith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.