DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Hi Phil ... if you try the Search facility at the top of the page using keyword 'hotelconnect', you should be able to retrieve numerous posts about them from throughout the site.

David :wave
Thanks I'll be keeping an eye on them
lol I was on the internet at 10am and could not even get to the page...Its all a fix
I too think its a fix, so it would be nice to see someone post who actually got a room for a quid!!!!
Hotelconnect are a reputable firm, so I don't think it would be a fix...from the details I got the one pound rooms were in Prague so not going to fit my requirements....the site ran like treacle but they always do when companies have offers like this on
Not sure if this will be the right part of the forum, as there isn't one for hotels only. Maybe one of the mods can move to proper one if need be.

Not that lond read on another forum & I have checked the Hotel Connect website - HotelConnect.co.uk, that they have ceased trading as from today (28th June 2011).

Also says, if anyone has any future hotel bookings, that it should still be held & any payments will be need to be paid again to the hotel directly & advised that any bookings should be reconfirmed with the hotel with details given on documents received at the time of the booking.
HotelConnect ceases trading

HotelConnect.co.uk, which sold through the trade and direct, has ceased trading.

According to ABTA, the online supplier has around 6,000 forward bookings through the trade and 400 sold direct to the consumer.

The company was based in North London and has been trading since 1994. According to its website, it had grown into a company selling over 2,500 hotels in over 200 destinations.

ABTA confirmed that HotelConnect had gone into provisional liquidation but stressed that the company's website clearly states that it is a supplier to the trade.

A spokesman said this means agents need to contact hotels to make sure the booking is still going ahead and might have to pay again.

HotelConnect's direct business had a bond with ABTA, but customers are advised to claim via their credit cards.

With permission from Travelmole
Thanks for moving David. Probably the only one I didn't look under for Hotel Connect & forgot about the search function as well. :duh
No problem misshighlander. This topic is now linked to from all forums.

David :wave
Such a shame . I've used them and found them very very good . Another one bites the dust . :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image