Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
If you are thinking of booking a flight with Flydeals uk then my advice is DONT. I understand that up to July 2007 this company traded as GKP Travel international, and I made a booking with them in april 2007 for a flight to Tenerife in Nov 2007, the cost of the flight was taken from my bank account with the reference GKP Travel, athough the company I booked with was called Flydeals?? 4 days before the flight and my tickets have still not arrived. After numerous phone calls and being passed from pillar to post I found that apparently GKP Travel went into liquidation in July 2007, and although Flydeals are still trading, they have been exceedingly unhelpful in sorting out my non delivery of tickets. My flight was with Thomas CookAirlines, who I eventually contacted, and I have nothing but praise for them, they pulled out all the stops trying to get me my tickets. They are honouring bookings made by this company as GKP Travel were ABTA bonded, but need proof of booking and payment, as they themselves have not been paid by GKP Travel. What I cannot understand is the address of GKP Travel and Flydeals is exactly the same, so why will Flydeals not honour booking?? After a nightmare morning trying to get delivery of my tickets my advice is book direct with Thomas Cook, who have been remarkably helpful, and avoid Flydeals who have not!!
Was just about to book with flydeals.co.uk, who are most definitely still trading on the web, when I came across this thread.

When you read their "about us" blurb (below) they sound like they've been around a long time and are ABTA/ATOL bonded.
Makes me wonder if we're all talking about the same company ?

http://www.flydeals.co.uk/aboutus.asp
  • Edited by David 2008-01-16 18:12:56
    Weblink inserted to replace copyright protected text
Hi Crockett ... GKP Travel International (trading as Flydeals) with an address at Malmarc House, Dewsbury Road, Leeds ceased trading in July 2007

Kunapark (currently trading as Flydeals) also has an address at Malmarc House, Dewsbury Road, Leeds.

David :wave
Travel agent fails

Leeds-based travel agent Kunapark Ltd has failed.

Kunapark, which also used the trading names flydeals.co.uk, hot4holidays.co.uk and luxuryholidaymaker.co.uk, was an ABTA member.

It was based in Dewsbury Road, Leeds but also had a branch in Huddersfield.

ABTA said any retail claims arising from the failure will be handled by CEGA, ABTA's claims handling partner.

Customers with forward bookings need to contact abtaclaims@cegagroup.com, or telephone: 01243 621 500.

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.