Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Aer Arann
10 Posts
rac,

Your Booking Will Be Ticketless As It Is With Most Airlines. On The Itenery You Will Have Recieved Should Be A Booking Reference Number. All You Need To Do Is Take This To The Airport With You.

Gower
Thanks very much for your help Gower
Rac :)
In fact Aer Arann also offer telephone (text) check in.

Nivsy
Thanks Nivsy, I'll look into that. :)
Aer Arann enters examinership

Aer Arann has entered voluntary examinership this evening, following a petition to the High Court in Dublin. This follows losses of €18.5 million in the last 2 years, including a €6 million loss as a specific result of the volcanic ash crisis.

A full High Court hearing will take place on 8 September, but meantime interim examinership provides the airline with court protection from its creditors while action is taken to restructure the business.

Aer Arann intends to operate normal service during this period of examinership, including franchise services operated on behalf of Aer Lingus Regional.

However, due to the end of a lease agreement resulting in one of its aircraft leaving the fleet, Aer Arann services from Cork to Dublin and Belfast were already reported as being suspended from the end of this month.

David :wave
More from RTE News:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0826/aerarann.html

Update: A statement has now been posted on the Aer Arann website:
http://www.aerarann.com/about_us/news.htm

Hi there,
I'm flying Glasgow to Dublin for a weekend with Aer Arran.
I booked the flights vis Aer Lingus.
Seeing as I'm only going for the weekend I don't need to take any luggage but the rules of cabin baggage is confusing.
I understand I'm allowed 7kgs and the size restrictions but it also states that small items such as a camera,handbag or laptop is also allowed.
Does this mean you can carry them on seperately from your main cabin bag or do they need to be contained within that,they dont make it very clear

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me :tup
Aer Arann services between Dublin and Galway, Sligo, Knock and Derry airports will cease today. The airline says that these routes are no longer commercially viable without government subsidies, which have been withdrawn.

This move brings an end to 28 years of scheduled air services to/from Sligo Airport. However, the airport will remain open for coastguard and rescue helicopter services, as well as training and private charter flights.

The Irish government will continue to fund routes between Dublin and Kerry, and Dublin and Donegal.

Aer Arann announces the suspension of winter services to/from Galway Airport:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1012/aerarann.html

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.