Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
FUTURA AIRLINES
40 Posts
I flew Futura last week from Stansted to Karlsruhe Baden as they were standing in for RYANAIR!! I understand that they may well take on a lot more flights for Ryanair, using Futura's cockpit crew and Ryanair's cabin crew.

That said, my flight was also crewed by Futura's cabin crew. The staff were nice, and willing, but did not speak any German and their English was a little ropey. They were TERRIBLY SLOW in making their food and drink trolley run, and didn't bother with 'tax free'. Drinks and food seemed average - or at least as good as Ryanair's .....

Cabin comfy - leather seats and long enough seat belts (I am somewhat 'round' around the middle!). Flight on time, and although the landing was a bit hard, I could find nothing to fault, and was quite happy NOT to hear from the flight deck every half hour!!

No1Babes - nothing to worry about. They'll get you to your holiday and back home again safely. You can bring the entertainment and gourmet food. Have a wonderful holiday.
ryanair sometimes subcharter other airlines which is why you were on a futura flight. I am flying TFS - GLA in 4 weeks with Futura and have got no problems with them.

The TFS - GLA sector that i am booked on has an allocation belonging to First Choice, so they sell the seats to the public, even though the flight is carried out by Futura cabin crew :)

Futura's main UK base are Dublin, however fly from spain to most if not all UK airports. The flight pattern is usually Spain - Uk - Spain.
We flew with Futura in 1999 and they were fine - crew were lovely and no problems landing at either end :wink:
I flew with Futura a couple of years ago from Menorca to Edinburgh. I was originally flying with another airline but my mum actually misread the flight times so we missed our flight home from Mahon, Menorca to Glasgow, Scotland and had to pay £400 odd for the 5 of us to get a flight later that afternoon to the nearest airport available and this was the Futura flight to Edinburgh. As far as I can remember it was an alright flight. We were given sandwiches which was actually a positive thing for us all as we had not paid for a prebooked meal! The aircraft offered no entertainment but we were all so glad to be actually getting a flight home that I think it didn't bother us. I don't remember finding the landing or cabin crew being bad. I'm actually flying with Futura again on 8th June to Lanzarote from Glasgow, not intentionally as I'd rather a flight with entertainment etc but I'm not too bothered really. My last esperience wasn't bad so hopefully it will be okay again this time.
I'm due to fly out to Ibiza on FUA184 on 10th September and have started checking on the Manchester Airport website if it's departing/arriving on time. I notice today that it was due to leave Manchester at 19.10 but at the time of this posting (21.30) it hasn't set off!!! Does anyone know if this a regular problem with this particular flight? :?
hi flying with futura in 5 weeks from liverpool to alicante anyone got any info on futura as not been with them before any info would be appreciated :twisted:
Julievroy,

What would you like to know? There's plenty of info and opinions on this thread. For more reviews, have a look at CarSurvey / Flights or refer to Futura International's website.

Darren
Futura's websites seem to be down . I hope there is not a problem as we are flying from Liverpool to Majorca tomorrow.
Marg
Marg .. if you are using the link in Darren's post just above, it is working fine for me.

David :wave
Just back from a week in Majorca with Thomas Cook, and flew both ways with Futura.
Neither plane had any form of in flight entertainment whatsoever. The screens came on to show a safety video, and that's it, there were no music channels either.
The outgoing meal was a Spanish Chicken with vegetables, crackers with cheese spread, a chocolate biscuit and a drink. The chicken was like chewing erasers, and the veg was almost raw - the solitary sprout was probably warmer when it was growing.
If you don't drink tea or coffee - tough. Only children were allowed orange juice.
The return meal was slightly better. Sausage, scrambled egg and beans, a roll with butter, and a small sponge cake. I take back everything I ever said about British Rail food!
Just heard that Futura are suspending operations as of tomorrow, Monday 8th September. Can anyone confirm this? :que
There is a lot of rumour and speculation circulating tonight, but I am not sure yet if that's all it is. Nothing is currently showing via reliable UK media sources, however one Spanish media group has reported the cessation of all Futura Airlines operations as of midnight tonight, whilst another suggests a suspension of services for 24 hours.

Still nothing in the UK media, but the departure and arrival screens at a number of Spanish airports are now showing the cancellation of Futura flights on Monday.

Futura Airlines have suspended all operations. This may affect many people in Ireland where they had 2 aircraft flying for Irish tour operators.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Yes Stewart, but for some reason this story is still very slow to be picked up by the media.

This RTE News article refers to the suspension of services by Dublin based subsidiary Future Gael, and its impact on Irish tour operators and holidaymakers:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0908/air.html

The wider implication of the suspension of services by the Futura International Airways group is less well covered by the media.

im due to fly to gran canaria from prestwick tomorrow and have been told so far the flight is still on,but very worried
Hi ianb74 .. although very little confirmed information is available, my understanding is that the Futura International Airways group decided to suspend operations for at least 24 hours as from midnight last night, to allow time for meetings today with creditors, and to present urgent plans for its future to the Spanish government. There are also some suggestions that its entire fleet is being flown back to its base in Palma, to prevent any aircraft being grounded or impounded elsewhere due to unpaid fees.

Further info and comment from the Irish media ... please click here.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.