Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Reckon I will need to book seats on the previously mentioned flight?
There will only be me and my girlfriend...
Never had any problems in the past, although last year Jet2 seperated us even though we had prebooked them! Was not having that!
lighty89,

Refer to my comments to luke225 on the previous page.

lighty89 wrote:
although last year Jet2 seperated us even though we had prebooked them! Was not having that

Bear in mind seats across an isle and one behind the other are still classed as together.

Darren
Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner (N787BX) with the callsign BOE787 arrived in Manchester Airport at 2225 this evening for the first time as part of Boeings Dreamliner world tour. It had flown from Heathrow where it'll be returning to on Wednesday. It's here to showcase the aircraft and allow staff at Thomson Airways, airport handing agents and the airport to have a look and preparing themselves for when it enters service with Thomson Airways in January 2013.

Darren
Thank you for the reply Darren,its all change now Tunisia from DSA Tom 0480/0481 flying on a Sunday am i correct in thinking this will be a 737-800??
Darren,

6/9/2012, TOM 028....LGW-CUN, returning 13/9/2012, TOM 029...CUN-LGW.

Is this likely to be ex-FCA? (I flew the route in Feb 09 and it was a Thomson a/c then.)

(BTW, Darren, I posted this in the Thomson forum on PPRUNE too, so ignore that one if you see it!)
qatarman,

DSA has 2x based 737-800 over the summer so all flights are operated by the type.

Darren
Lozza16 (mr.777),

LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM028/9) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Thanks mate, that's what I was hoping :)
With the arrival of the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner demonstrator aircraft at Manchester Airport, Thomson Airways have announced their new livery and cabin interior when the aircraft enters service in 2013. Further details on Thomson: Live The Dreamliner. Rumour has it a Boeing 767-300/ER (ex-TOM) will get the new livery first and with aircraft currently in for maintenance, it might not be too long before we see it :think :fly

Darren
Thanks for that Darren,
I think I like the new paint job!! Can't wait to see it in the flesh!
The premium seats look more like proper premium economy or even business!! Looks very impressive.
I wonder if the bar has disappeared!
BUT
What's with the Thomas Cook like 3-3-3 config in the main cabin - do not like!
rhodgreen wrote:
What's with the Thomas Cook like 3-3-3 config in the main cabin - do not like!

It's a wider fuselage than the current 767's. The cross section of a 767-300/ER is 4.7m, the 787-8 is 5.74m. The width of the A330-200 that TCX use is 5.62m. 3-3-3 in economy is the standard configuration for the 787 in charter configuration, 2-4-2 in schedule. Seats will be the same width at 17 inches with 34 inch seat pitch (38" up front).

Darren
We'll just have to make sure we go before no.2 reaches age 2 as the 3 seats will be perfect. Then back to Premium as a family of 4 is a nightmare in 3-3-3.
Surprised it's only a £20 supplement for the 787 and Premium is the same price - thought it was going to carry a hefty supplement - glad I'm wrong!
Hi Darren
Any idea yet which aircraft flight Tom342/3 is on 3rd Sept from Luton
Thanks
Roger
rhodgreen wrote:
Surprised it's only a £20 supplement for the 787 and Premium is the same price

There shouldn't be any suppliment really considering the fuel savings the aircraft should offer (20%). It's not like there's any major imprvements to passenger facilities to warrent it.

LTN-DLM-LTN (TOM342/3) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hello Sir. Just booked to Dalaman from Man on May 27 Thomson Airways TOM628 and return after 10 nights on Thomson Airways TOM377.
1) do you know the aircraft type.
2) will there be some form of IFE
3) I wasn't able to pre book meals, do you have an example of a typical menu and costs
4) Thanks.

:cheers
strid,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM628/377) are operated by Boeing 737-300 / Airbus A320-200. IFE and further aircraft details are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Meals are no longer pre-bookable with meals available for purchase onboard mind haul flights including;

Bacon Baguette - £3.90
Croque Monsieur (Ham & Cheese grilled sandwich) - £3.90
Monty's Bakehouse Chicken fajita Wrap - £3.90
Chicago Town Deep Dish Four Cheese Pizza - £3.90
Roast chicken Salad Sandwich (subject to availability) - £3.90
Chicken, Tomato & Basil Pasta Salad (subject to availability) - £3.90
Chunky Chips - £2.50
The Food DoctorWhomesome Pot (couscous & lentil with red pepper, tomato and cumin) - £2.50
Thick and Creamy Chicken Soup - £2.50
Thick and Creamy Tomato Soup - £2.50
Beef Lasangne - £5.00

Darren
Hi,

I'm flying Antalya (AYT) - Bristol (BRS) on Saturday 28TH July 2012 on flight TOM 0483

Just wondering what aircraft is being used for this???
MrLiamScott,

BRS-AYT-BRS (TOM482/3) are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Darren,

Do you know yet what 767 variant is planned to operate TOM168/169 MAN-SFB on 07/08/2012-28/08/2012?

Cheers,

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.