Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Thought my hotel was booked with holidays4u but it was hotels4u, hubby phoned them and they said they are a different company and not affected by the collapse. Thanks goodness but I still feel for everyone who has been affected and all those people who have lost their job. Thanks to everyone who was helpful.
Thanks for the suggestion, Les, but unfortunately Pegasus do not seem to fly to Dalaman as a matter of course, at least it is not showing on their website. We did actually fly out from Manchester with them once, through Aegean Flights, though it was back to Onur Air for the return flight from Dalaman. :que
I can't find any Onur Air flights that are any cheaper than other flights at the moment. We are not sure what to do now - wait to see if we can get a last minute deal or book at the higher price now. Any ideas on this, anyone?
We have managed to get a fairly good deal with FlyThomasCook for next May, though.
I bet Les' information helps a lot of other people watching this thread
we have just ;ost 10 flights through the collapse but managed to find flights leaving 2 days later still with onur but sold through thomas cook they were 250 more than the original booking but we would have lost our accomodation if we hadnt booked them we lwave on 15th aug
Just checked on the Pegasus website and they do fly to Dalaman but only from Gatwick and Stansted.

Les
CAA publishes flight details for Holidays 4 U customers

Flight details for Holidays 4 U customers still in Turkey have been published by the Civil Aviation Authority.

Following the collapse of the Brighton-based company last week, the CAA has brought 5,400 customers home to the UK on 38 CAA-arranged flights.

By the end of this weekend, it hopes that 8,500 of the 12,800 customers on holiday in Turkey will have been brought home at the scheduled end of their holidays.

Today it published details of flights returning holidaymakers to the UK between 10 August and 14 August.

Although over three quarters of scheduled flights are returning to the UK as planned, a number of flight changes have had to be made.

Holidays 4 U customers in Turkey are advised to check the amended details here.

David Moesli, deputy director consumer protection group said: "From Wednesday 10 August flights operating to the UK by Onur Air will be changing. Holidays 4 U and Aegean Flights customers due to return from their holiday on and after this date are advised to check the ATOL website and with their travel agent to ensure they join the correct flight home.

"Where a different UK arrival airport is shown, the CAA will make arrangements for free transport to carry customers back to their original UK departure airport."

The CAA said it is in close contact with the Turkish Tourist Board and local hoteliers to ensure all ATOL protected Holidays 4 U package holiday customers in Turkey can stay in their accommodation until they are due to travel home.

If customers are asked to pay again for accommodation, they should send a refund claim to the CAA. Those customers protected under Holidays 4 U ATOL will receive a refund.

Customers who booked just flights with Holidays 4 U are also ATOL protected and should be eligible to claim a refund for the flight.

For any separate accommodation booked with a travel agent, customers are advised to speak to their agent about whether any alternative arrangements can be made.

Holidays 4 U customers who are currently abroad and experiencing difficulties should contact the CAA for more information on 0044 (0)161 444 5810.

Those with forward bookings requiring general advice about refunds under the ATOL scheme should go to the CAA website or can contact the CAA on 08444 933037.

With permission from Travelmole
Having booked with Aegean Flights, we were already on holiday in Dalaman when we heard the news. As you can imagine I was most anxious as to how and when we would get home. I can now say I worried unduly. The CAA website was most informative and advised of the rescheduled flights for our return date. Of the eight Onur Air flights to the UK from Dalaman and Bodrom on 11th August, four were rescheduled to alternative airports (they would transfer you to your original airport). Thankfully for us, the Newcastle flight remained unchanged and was at the planned time. What a relief it was to have a smooth check in and arriva home safely with no problems. Thank you to the CAA, and my local Travel Agent who kept in touch with up to date information :)
That's good to hear, thanks for the feedback Mums The Word. :tup
David :wave
Hi I hope this may help some of you still searching for flights. We were caught up some years ago with losing our flights but not accommodation. We found that in some instances it was cheaper to book a package with say Thomson or TC and not use the accommodation that is part of the package than it was to book just flights.
Hi, and thanks especially to ninelives - we did think about getting a package and just using the flights,but we have been lucky enough to find flights from avro, part of the Monarch group we think, which were cheaper than any packages we could find online at the moment.
We have also received instructions on how to claim Aegean Flights refunds from our credit card company. Anyone in the same boat beware - it seems that all documents and completed claim forms from Atol have to be returned to Credit Card Companies within 14 days.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.