General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Last year in Majorca, we purchased a (how can I explain it :think) "thing" that looks like a giant screw that you ...screw... into the sand and then the umbrella is put into that and clipped in. Does that make sense? It only cost a couple of euros but it was a god send and I even brought it home with us so that we can reuse it again. Im not sure what they were called but everyone seemed to have one.

Previous to that, it was always stick it in the sand, bury as best as you can around it and hold on if it gets too windy!!

Sarah :)
Aww thanks Sarah - I think I know what you mean but haven't seen one as yet :(
I noticed the brollies round our pool had a vents in the top so air can escape if it was too windy. Suppose if you were to buy one of these it wouldn't blow away/turn inside out. :D
Hi Glynis, take a look at this site:-

http://www.theseasidecompany.co.uk

They have "El Pincho" beach spikes, small are £8-00, Large £10-00, for fixing your parasol into the sand. Just click on Parasols, and they are at the bottom of the page. Linda.
Nice find. Thats what I was trying to describe.

They are almost identical to the one I purchased. The differences are the "screw" bit has more of a thread to it and there is a fold down clip (like you get on a sun umbrella) instead of a handle that you turn to tighten. There is a big difference in the price as well. I only paid maximum of €2.50 for mine last year. Cheap but it is very durable.

Sarah :)
Spooky Linda :yikes After Sarah's post I went in search of one and ordered one from seasidecompany. doo do doo do (twilight zone music :lol: )

Thanks all :kiss
Beach cred?

Parasols?

Ach, ye don't use them, you just lie back and go bright red, as is the custom :D
Sorry Linda I should have posted to you. Got my spike thingy. Will let you know if it works on our return. Knowing our luck the brolly will go and the spike with it :rofl
we bought one of those "screw thingys" last year . Thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately it cracked when we put our umbrella in it for the first time! Gave us and all those around us a good laugh though :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.