Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
On the beach
7 Posts
With respect your post makes hard reading. It would have been better with some paragraphs.
You say you have been emailing them and apart from an acknowledgement you have not received any others. It could be that your s p a m filters are blocking them.

People assume that firing off an email is simple. No it is not. There are various reasons which I will not go into that makes email not the best means of communication. The fact that they have said they had sent you emails that you say you did not receive should have rung alarm bells. Try writing to them - sent recorded delivery so that it can be tracked online?

fwh
I agree with fwh. I would write asap recorded delivery.

Without knowing what you booked and with which company it is difficult to know how much you stand to lose, but it definately wasn't a package holiday as OTB aren't ATOL protected and don't sell packages.
It is sometimes more complicated to do amendments to these type of bookings, as depending flights, they constantly change availability and price. Therefore confirming dates and prices is not always accurate information. They can be gone or changed in price by the time you get the information from OTB.
You really do need to check your s pam filters before going off at the deep end - once a company can hide behind, when emails are apparently repeatedly going astray you have start to consider other explanations as to why they are insisting that they replied but never had any response from you.

In this instance, please also remember that this started because having entered into a contract with them you changed your mind about when you wanted to travel. With a company that deals in 'dynamic packages' only it is not always easy to dismantle it and make fresh arrangements for another set of dates, much less for the same price. This won't have been a package in the traditional sense that they could reasily re-sell on to another customer 2 months after your original booking.

I'm sorry that you've had such a stressful experience but one of the big problems with using a company that only deals in 'dynamic packages' is that it does create problems if you need to make any changes at a later date.

SM
there is/was a member of OTB who occassionally posts on here.
you could try e-mailing
forums@otbeach.com

that may get you a response
Don't know if it makes it any easier to read :yikes
Thanks for amending things Glynis. It does make things a little easier, but it still does not change the advice I have given. The OP has fallen into the same trap as many others by assuming that because he got an acknowledgment then emails can freely pass between the two. Personally I would have been sending a letter once I found out there was a problem, if only to back up my email. It is not a package holiday as Sunaddict has said and SMa backs up my comment about S P A M filters probably being the problem - again something we here on HT have heard about before.

Perhaps the OP might come back and update us having read our comments as to the possible cause of their problems.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.