Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
I would be intrested in any comments about Riverside and Wooler as I am also hoping to visit but in October.
Have just returned from Riverside and feel it only fair to give a review as previously received no feed back!
We stayed in a superior static caravan and it was excellent!Brand new van,microwave,large tv with digibox,loads of space.Very tranquil setting!Boys were 'made up' when we arrived to see a baby rabbit grazing near our door step-bless!
There is a small club/bar but you are just 10 minutes walk into Wooler where you can get a good pub meal[The Anchor,The Wheatsheaf and Milano restaurant recommended!!]Loads to do in the area especially if you like castles and quiet beaches.
I would say that the only 'downside' is lighting on the main road from club to site and on the park in general.We had to buy torches it was that bad but on the whole we would return sometime in the future!! :tup
Visited this park back in 2001. It's quite pleasantly situated, and on the whole, we found it be fairly quiet and relaxing. Near to the lovely sandy beach at Bamburgh (11miles?) and not far from Holy Island which you can cross at low tide. We even had a trip to Edinburgh! Lovely pub that cooks traditional homestyle food at Lowick (Black Bull). One thing that did strike me though was that unlike parks in say, Cornwall or Devon, this one seemed to mainly attract locals. We had travelled the farthest apparently, and apart from a family from Ipswich that summer, we were the only ones who had holidayed such a distance! I'd give it a good 7/10 - hope it's still worth the journey!
We holiday at Seafields,Seahouses and we only live 55 miles away, what is wrong with that?????? :( Just coz we live local, does that mean we can't holiday local? Why go anywhere else, Northumberland is a place of outstanding beauty with many things for families to do and visit. We love it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.