Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
theres lots of places that do it, I can tell you that, esp from Puerto Calero Marina. costs, i dont know off my head, but it's not too extorionate i don't believe
Hi. went to costa teguise last august and had a morning fishing on the rocks behind playa bastian, no sharks here but an abundance of sea life from mullet to fish that wouldnt look out of place in a tropical tank, all you need is some sturdy course fishing tackle and some squid, hours of fun to be had for nowt, my lad loved it with the waves crashing against the rocks and splashing him all over, happy days never forgotten.
going again this august and will deffo take the telescopic rod again. :D
Lots of boats leave the harbours at Calero and PDC to go sport fishing, they all have rod hire, try lookig on the net for trips.
hi all, i ask this question every year, hope your not too bored answering, i am in lanzarote for 1 week only :cry: from the 18th dec, how is the pressure chart looking?, i need this info for fishing and the beaches of course :lol: .
also, it has come to my attention that to fish in lanzarote one needs a licence, can you buy them in the local fishing shops, or post office, do i need a passport or more, thanks for all the geat info, simon.
simonwoods,

how is the pressure chart looking?

It's looking high and settled for the rest of this week. Sea's should be calm and the skies blue.

it has come to my attention that to fish in lanzarote one needs a licence

I wasn't aware you needed any license for fishing in Lanzarote. They certainly don't have an eqivelent version of our national rod license. I've fished in Costa Teguise many times along with local anglers and there has never been any mention of any permits to fish.

Darren
hiya darren, you do indeed need a licence to fish marine in all of spain, think its 15 euros for five years on the mainland and 15 euros for three years on lanzarote,
you need another licence to boat fish, its a little dearer, the money goes towards conservation ect, you are given a chart with all the legal sizes etc, of course we all know that its laid back out there, but i have a spanish n.i. number and would like to keep lawfull, i wanted to know where i might obtain the licence in p.d.c.
thanks for the chart info, how is next week looking? much the same i hope., regards, simon.
how is next week looking? much the same i hope.

Not much change from what I've seen but I never trust charts for >3 days, they tend to change!

Thanks for the info about the license. Is there a website or anything with more info? I work in fisheries so if I got caught without a license my head with be for the guillotine when I got home! Do you know if this is something that has been recently introduced because there is nothing on record in our office?

Thanks,

Darren
hi darren, i had a link posted to me from a shop in spain, i will look for it and get back to you.
o.k. darren, i dont know how to put the link on here, but the addy is...
http://www.garysmithfishing.com.
if you do find out more info, could you let me know, regards simon.

* Edit to fix broken link. luci HT Mod **
Thanks for that, I'll have a good look at it later.

i dont know how to put the link on here

like this!

This is the format Title of link

Darren
Ah, I see I'm too late for simonwoods, but maybe this will help someone else :D

Apparently, as was said, a fishing licence is required to fish from the shore here in Lanzarote. This entails going to the Cabildo in Arrecife, then the normal form filling, going to the bank to pay the dues, then back to the Cabildo etc etc etc!!!! Therefore, the official "unofficial" advice is that unless you are a resident of Lanzarote, not to bother!!! :D The authorities are quite aware that holidaymakers will not be aware of the requirement, and therefore tend to turn a blind eye. Obviously regardless of whether you have or do not have a licence it is illegal to fish anywhere people are swimming. The rocks across the road at the bottom of C/Anzuelo are apparently a popular place to fish :D
going tomorrow to pdc and want to about sea fishing . where from??? how much ??? thanks
You dont need a licence to fish in the sea in europe.You do need a rod licence however.I have never heard of a licence for spain and have fished many times but not in Lanzarote.Be careful ,the police are like ours, in it for the money ie fines. :roll:
I was looking forward to going shore fishing and wont bother now :x its a good job I found out you need a licence as I never knew you needed one, and because of the job that I do a fine would not look good. Thank you for pointing it out. Do you need a rod licence like you do here in England.
try the lanzarote fishing club google will bring it up for those wishing to try shark fishing :wink:
:D
know this has been asked before, but coulnd not find an answer.
where do you buy a beach fishing licence in Lanzarote. would prefir to buy one before we fly on 1 november 2007. does anyone know a way to apply on line. have tried a couple of tourist board websites in both english and castillion spanish. as yet no reply

ta ta
I found something by putting fishing licences in the search column, then Lanzarote in the search forum. I found the following, but have now idea how you make it smaller!!!!
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=37139&highlight=fishing+licences
HTH :D
Merged. Thanks Sue :tup :wink
please do not be put off fishing in lanzarote, tourists wonr t be hassled, just be aware that marinas are out of bounds, also where swimming is going on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.