America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Las Vegas Shows
67 Posts
book now, all the best shows are likely to sell out
Depends which ones you intend to see. Some shows are available at the half price ticket booths. I can get you a listing of probable ones available if you like (someone made one up on another site for tix4tonite).

We went to see Avenue Q at the Wynn Resort last week and it was excellent. $99 each though (you an get tickets on the balcony for about $10 less). There are no half price tickets for this show though.
I saw Blue Man group last week, it was ok but not worth the price I paid. I would get the cheapest seats there as yopu can see it from anyhwere in the theatre.The Blue Man are leaving Luxor soon so I would see them when you can as I am sure that when they arrive at the Venetion the prices will rocket
We are in Las Vegas in Nov also and have already booked our tickets for O in the Bellagio. $99 each for balcony.

I would book now.

Jaime C :wave
A tip about the Blue Man show, if you don't like drumming don't go! When my family and I went, on the recommendation of my son's friend, we should have realised it was going to be noisy when we were handed ear plugs as we entered the theatre. The show lasted nearly two hours, with no interval and although they were ingenious in what they found to drum on, I was glad when it finished. Some people, of course, will love it.
We saw "o" at the bellagio - bought tickets online - show was amazing and is one of the most popular.
mistere, at t.i, gladys knight at flamingo, barry manilow at hilton are all excellent.
TOM JONES!!! and take some knickers ;)
We are doing the west coast of Usa over new year then 4 days in Vegas. I would love to see a show but so many to chose from!!!!!
Seen both Cirque du Soliel and Celine Dion before in UK and both were excellant.
Do I see O or Celine? Gladys Knight? Barry Manilow???? Help!
Or can some one recommend anything even better??
Hi,

Im not a Celion Dion fan buy hubby is. She was AMAZING in Vegas, tickets are expensive but worth every penny.

Kaz.
The guy who directed O directed the Celine Dion show. I have to say if you have enjoyed Cirque shows you have seen here, you will LOVE O, but I can imagine that you will get a bit of both with the Dion show.

I am biased about O though :)

Heid
xx
oh, have you seen 'O' then Heid?? :wink: :lol:
Just the 5 times :)

Heid
xx
PS watch it or I will set the clowns on ya heh heh heh heh<g>
I am going back to Las Vegas again in a week's time and want to get a few shows in.

Has anyone been to see Elton John at Caesars Palace?

I am trying to decide between Mystere and "O"....Any advice? Should I book before I go?
Hi,

We had our first trip to Vegas in June and were treated to the Queen show " We Will Rock You!". We weren't sure what to expect as we'd heard mixed reviews form friends who saw it in London.

We needed have worried though. It was amazing. It is adapted slightly with a real Las Vegas slant to it and is very funny. A lot of laughs. And of course the music is great. In fact the music is superb!

There were some empty seats. Might not need to book in advance?

Cheers Wilbur
When we went last October we had no trouble getting in to see Mystere and Blue Man Group without booking in advance from the UK, but compared to some of the other members who have answered I'm just a Vegas novice! Maybe we were lucky with what we wanted to see and when.
Both Mystere and O get good reviews, we certainly enjoyed Mystere and would love to see O next time we go.
I am due to be in Vegas for 3/4 days in October (Sun - Wed) - are we better to book shows in advance or is it possible to pick up tickets at short notice?

Robert
To keep up-to-date on Vegas shows for when we may be in town we turn to the online edition of the Las Vegas Review Journal.
http://www.lvrj.com.
In the entertainment section, you can find a callendar listing shows and on going acts and when certain performers will be in town.

We love just about everything with just a few honest takes:

We though Impressionist Rich Little to be dreadfull,
Enough of the Maggie and Reagan impressions,, dead actors in purgatory, a pretty tired act for the money. Boreing, and his heart isn't in it on top of everything else.

Bill Cosby for Cosby fans.

Steve and Eddie Gormet if ya have the elders along, it is a good cheap show.

"O" was good but pricy. Zumanity still getting mixed reviews in spite of the repairs to the show.

All the big acts like Celine and Manilo have to be pre-booked or you'll either have a tough time getting tickets if at all, and then they'll be the most expensive.

Manilo hasn't the set of lungs he once did, can't hit the high notes, but still sounds somewhat the same. $256 US dollars per person.

The Amazing Jonathon is running continously. Good, but the same material and act he's been using for 20 years. Usually about $40 U.S.

Ron White is a favorite comedian who is in town from time to time, as is Larry the Cable guy.
Ugly Americans at their bluest. Lots of fun. Very popular in 'Vegas.

So perhaps check the LVRJ and maybe you'll find something that catches your eye that'll be in town when you are.

Our favorite is Dame Edna. Much Bluer in person than on TV, and if you're a Brit, you won't need a translator.
We love the shows in Las Vegas. We've seen Mystere, Mamma Mia, Celine Dion, Legends in Concert, Big Elvis and We Will Rock You twice.

Next trip we are seeing Tom Jones, Avenue Q, Fab Four, Legends in Concert, Forever Plaid, Purple Reign and Big Elvis.

I would certainly recommend booking in advance for any of the big shows such as Celine and any of the Cirque shows.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.