Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Partyboy, thanks for the advice.

I have just been back on to Monarch's website for the outbound flight, row 9 is full apart from seat J on its own and row 31 is full except seat D on its own.

As all the best seats are taken, and my seats have crew member seats in front, which seats would you advise (the next best) ?
Hi

I'm a new member and am flying with Monarch - Manchester to Sanford on 18th June. The flight number is MON303. I've booked extra legroom seats for us (my husband,myself and 11 yr old daughter) and wanted to know if there are any extra legroom seats that are not on an exit with daughter being too young to sit in them. They did accept the booking with daughters details on but wondered if there was a possibility of being told on the day of the flight that we can't have the extra legroom seats?

Many Thanks

Joanne68
Joanne68,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights are operated by an Airbus A330-200. There are several rows of extra legroom seats at the rear of the aircraft that aren't by exit rows. They are rows 37-43 seats A/B & J/K. The centre seats are standard seat pitch. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thank you so much for the quick reply - you've managed to put my mind at rest - gonna go and check the seat plans now!

Joanne68
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
ZeeZeeNE,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-PVE-MAN (MON 5642/3) are operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. All seats apart from extra legroom are the same and seating is always personal preference. You'll find further aircraft information on our What aircraft? guide (link below). You may find partyboy_uk's post above useful as well.

Darren

Many thanks for your speedy reply Darren
As all the best seats are taken, and my seats have crew member seats in front, which seats would you advise (the next best) ?

Donnyshep,

If it is particularly important for you to have this extra legroom then I would strongly recommend that you occupy the seat at row 31D and your partner the seat behind in 32D.

As an alternative you may want to consider taking the seats at 42 H and J. These seats are actually adapted for disabled passengers as this is one of the only rows on the aircraft where the armrest into the aisle can be lifted up. However, I will not pretend that this seat will offer you any extra legroom than any other seat on this plane. It just means that should you want to raise the armrest to move your legs to one side then this would be possible. Please also bear in mind that there will be numerous trollies passing from the galley area just behind your seat into the cabin and you will need to be careful that you don't get a knock from one of these which can so easily happen. This armrest will also have to be down for take off and landing.

Other than changing your flight to a different one, where you will most likely be flying on a different aircraft, these are the only options I can suggest. I hope you manage to find something suitable that you will be happy with. If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask.
What happens re cancelled flights, as is todays from Gatwick to Goa according to web page for Gatwick, due to the Volcano disaster? Do they get re-scheduled and when should you go to the airport.
Can't get through to Monarch by phone.
moles, kent,

You need to speak to the airline. They'll reschedule the flight at the earliest oportunity. The problem often lies when aircraft are out of position when events like this occur and they'll be juggling things around to get everyone away as soon as they can. Only the airline can answer your questions though.

Darren
Just keep an eye on the topic highlighted on the front page: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk and also monitor tv and radio for details. Keep attempting to contact monarch

Van

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,

I realise you are talking about Monarch, but we were due to fly with Eastjet today & flight is cancelled. I have just rung them & they have changed my flight to tomorrow, email confirmation has already come through. Only waited about 7mins till they asnwered.

Good luck.
Deb.
Just looked at your shot of airspace on the bit about today's delays. It's quite fascinating. Not much happening over Russia way by the look of it!
Monarch are saying it's down to Cosmos to re-charter a plane to replace the one to Goa cancelled today.
Surely they themselves are having to fly anyway to collect clients stuck in Goa? Cosmos may use them, but they have their own holidays too. Can this be right?
moles, kent,

Yes, that's correct. Cosmos are the tour operator. Cosmos may be the tour operator with Monarch Airlines the charter / scheduled airline part of the same organisation, but ultimately it's the tour operator that charter the aircraft to cover the flight. Whether that is one of their own (Monarch) charter aircraft or another airline, it's they that do they chartering. Those passengers stranded will be repatriated as and when it's possible. Whether the outbound flight takes those passengers waiting to start their holiday depends on where the aircraft is chartered from and how it's dealt with. The tour operators and airlines will be working closely together to resolve the situation as soon as possible. Bear in mind chartering another airline at the moment won't resolve the situation as British and part of european airspace is closed until at least 6pm, and expected to extend until midnight.

Darren

PS, are you actually travelling or it is just out of interest?
No I am not travelling, but booked this holiday for my son and his wife. They are so down about it, but heyho, what will be will be.
They must be jinxed because this same flight they went on in January was delayed because of the snow, and they had to go via Bahrain.
That however, wasn't even in the same league as this disaster. I just hope they get to go and that Cosmos do sort out another flight.
Apparantly Easyjet have already sent e-mails with new tickets for tomorrow to their customers.
moles, kent wrote:
Apparantly Easyjet have already sent e-mails with new tickets for tomorrow to their customers

They'll be lucky! Given the fluid situation and many unknowns at this stage, flights may yet be cancelled tomorrow as well. All non-emergency flights are currently cancelled in British airspace until 7am Friday. When situations like this occur, there's nothing anyone can do but wait and see how things pan out. The operation teams at Monarch and Cosmos will be doing everything they can to get them away as soon as possible. However the situation is out of their hands. It's not like it's an aircraft that has a technical problem and they can charter / lease another airline or aircraft to cover the flight. I have friends who were supposed to be boarding a cruise in Barbados this afternon. They're now sat at home awaiting instructions for picking up their cruise wherever it'll be in the Caribbean when flights resume. All you can do is sit tight and await further information. Monarch are updating passengers on their website.

As Vanlaywan mentioned on the previous page, latest information is being posted on the Volcanic Ash Closes Airspace topic.

Darren
Can you please advise what aircraft will be used for MON5764 (Gatwick to SSH) on the 12th August?

Many Thanks
callumdougan,

LGW-SSH-LGW (MON5764/5) are operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi there. any one tell me what aircraft i will be flying on.

out of manchester 7th may 15.40 to bjv with monach.

first time in many years i have used this airline and after reading some reviews am a little concerned. usually fly with turkish airline onur
tofwig,

Do you have flight numbers you could give, to speed up having a look?

Gower
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.