Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We are going earlier, 25th June for 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to it. We were there when it first opened in June 2005 and despite the teething troubles we thought it was a hotel for the future. So we decided to go back in 2007. We have a Jacuzzi suite booked and we are travelling with my wife's sister and her family. There will be 7 of us in total.

Anyone else going to be there at the same time? :roll:
Hi Duncan - as you've been before maybe you can clear up a couple of matters for me if you dont mind. We are travelling on 20th Aug for 2 weeks and havent been to Turkey before - are the mozzies as bad as all the reports I've heard - starting to get a bit worried about it. Also, we have been to 3 other Holiday Villages and have enjoyed them all - we understand the evening entertainment at the Turkey site is held in an ampitheatre - as we are travelling with friends we usually like to sit down with a few drinks and watch a show while the kids do their thing (a couple of the older kids generally like to watch the show too) - are all the shows held here as it doesnt sound like a particularly comfy place to spend an evening? Would be really greatful for any help you can give.

Thanks
Hi GillG,

I dont mind at all. Now, please understand that things may have changed since I was last there.

Mozzies - Yes, there were lots of mozzies. However, we must have been lucky as we were hardley bitten. We took Boots own brand aftersun lotion with an insect repellant and it seemed to work well enough. We are planning on taking some citronella (sic) candles this year to be on the safe side.

Entertainment - This was held entirely outside in the ampitheatre and was uncomfortable to sit for long periods as the seats are bench style with no back rests. There is a balcony with tables and chairs so if you get there early enough you may be able to claim a spot up there.

I hope that helps.
Buy the local mossie repellent called Sinkov.I only paid £1 for a spray and it certainly works.The bottles of lemon are also very cheap and help if only to cover up the smell of sinkov
Hi Gill,

I've been to both the Pegasus Palace (May 06) and Pegasus Tropical (Sep 06). In May I got bitten to shreds, yes in September I didn't get bitten at all. Strange, read the mosquito thread in the general advice forum and take all the advice and use it! :? It depends on each individual, if you're prone to being bitten then likely you will be, as I am, I just can't explain why i wasn't bitten in September.

The amphitheatres are quite uncomfortable, in fact we stopped using them and went to the pool bars for entertainment instead, as our little fella was always in kids club from 9pm to 11pm anyway.

You will have a fabulous holiday!

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Catherine xxx
HI we are booked to go for 2 weeks 28th may 11 of us. 4 child the rest some kind of adult????

can't wait. we know 2 families who went summer 06 & they have both booked to go again.
Thanks for the replies guys - really appreciate it - only 7 months to go!!

Scottishmum - do they have seperate entertainment in the pool bars (I assume the main shows etc are in the ampitheatre?) Also, do you know what the gym facilities are like?
When we were there in June 2005, the only entertainment at the pool bar was a bloke playing a keyboard. Whilst the kids were in the kids club, we tended to sit inside at the reception bar and play cards. There was less mozzies inside too.
Hi Gill,

In may, there was really only some singing and a bit of bingo in the pool bars, but come September there was a lot more. It ended up that the main Bingo was being held in the pool bar and there was a lot more singers/quizes etc. Also there is a Turkish night and there was turkish dancers etc in the pool bar too, they were very good.

HTH

C x
It sounds as though they have got there act together now. I have seen some photos of foam parties on the beach and my kids are really looking forward to joining in if they still happen.
They're no longer doing the foam parties I'm afraid Duncan. To protect the turtles apparently :roll:
Booked for 28th May 1 week 2 adults and 2 kids in a kids den. Keep all the new information coming, still trying to read through the old thread!!!
Don't be afraid to asking anything you want to know Laudan, although everything should be in that old topic at some point!!!! Feel free to ask anyway.

c xxx
Thanks Scottishmum
Trying to read through to find the best way to take money. We visited Turkey for the first time last year, 1 week in Marmaris the same time as we are going this year. We took all English money and just used our Nationwide Card to withdraw money when we were there. Is there a cash point at the nearby town and do the complex shops accept English money. Dont even know how much we will need, we were SC last year and spent about £600.
Thanks
Hi Laudan,

There was a mobile atm (in the back of a van) in Sarigerme at some point during the 2005 season, they brought it back during 2006 but to the best of my knowledge something happened and it stopped working so they took it away again.

The nearest atm from there is in Ortaca, which is about 20 mins dolmus ride away.

Personally, I took mostly English money, which is preferred in the markets, however I would recommend that you will need some lira if you would like to play the bingo. In May we got a better rate out in Turkey than we did here for exchanging lira, but it was the reverse in September. All the shops in the complex will accept sterling too, but their exchange rate is pathetic.

HTH

Catherine x
Hi Bubble I see you have posted in the Wedding link..........please could you use that to discuss getting Married in Turkey rather than the Hotel discussion many thanks Briar
Well I've just booked up to go to the Holiday Village on 27th September, we went in September 2005 and loved it. :D My son can't wait to go again, he was neally 4 last time but can remember everything - especially how brilliant the kids club was. :pele

I'm just hoping the mozzies have calmed down a bit. :roll:

Anyway look forward to being part of the forum again.

The Harrisons :wink:
Hi

My friend has just booked here for August and has had it at a good price has anyone been?
Ali :D
My friend has just booked here for August and has had it at a good price has anyone been?

Only thousands and thousands of us! :lol: Seriously, you'll find lots and lots of reviews under either Pegasos Palace or Pegasos Tropical which is what this complex is previously known as.

HTH

Catherine x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.