Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Re: Krakow
160 Posts
I recomend Krakow 100%. I wouldn't stay in a hotel, apartments are much better value and excellent quality(and location).
If you want i'll pm the links of apartments we have used.

Paul
Thanks Paul, that would be a great help.
Tracy :)
We stayed at the Campanile at the beginning of December.We only paid £123 for 4 nights B & B through Hotelspoland. It was only 2 star but should have been a 3. Decent size rooms and spotless and in the centre of the Old Town. There were 4 or 5 pubs in the same street and a 5 minute walk to the market square.
Hi i'm off to Krakow next month for a mid week city break. It will be my first time to Poland and i'm really excited, especially after reading such good reports!

I'm staying at Hotel Atrium, has anyone stayed here before?

Can anyone tell me how much i should expect to pay for a meal for two, a vodka, beer etc
Hi Claudia we went just before Christmas and had a fab time. I don't know anything about the hotel, but the food is cheap. Even in the restaurants in the main square you're only talking around £20 for 2 meals, coffees and a few drinks. Wander up one of the side streets and it's even cheaper. I had a half a lager for 50 p in one pub!
Hi Claudia
Stayed at the Atrium in 2005, it's a good hotel, but nothing fancy. Some rooms can be a bit small, we had 2 stays there...1st room was quite small. 2nd time room was bigger.
Breakfast is ok, bit more than continental.
It calls itself an upmarket hotel but we have just come back from Krakow again and stayed at the Andels and there is no comparison....the Andels IS upmarket and I would stay there again like a shot!
The Andels might even be cheaper than the Atrium, I got a very good rate from alpharooms.com

Food wise and prices - vary depending on what you like to eat..on average, a 3 course meal with drinks will cost you around £25 to 30 but can be a lot lower or higher. Can recommend the Cherubino and Taco Mexicana restaurants.

Cheers
Tinka14
Hi Tinka

Thanks for the response. Can you tell me how easy it is to get to the Atrium from the train or bus station as we'll be using public transport from the airport. Also is it centrally located?

That's a shame about Andels but we've already pre-booked the rooms and paid for.... i'll keep that one in mind for future!
Hi Claudia
The Atrium is within walking distance, depends on how heavy your suitcases are..I think we should have taken a taxi but some may be unwilling to go a relatively short distance. I think it took us about 15 mins to walk it. You need to keep to the main st and then turn right to get to the Atrium if walking, if you download a map you can see where you need to go very easily.I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay in any case.
Cheers
Tinka14
Hi im thinking of going to Krakow in April for two nights, im confused with the hotels im wanting to stay near the town centre, but I don't know which one. Thanks in advance.
Alpharooms and Hotels.com. Show maps of where the hotels are with in the city. You can use them sites as a reference.
Hi Lydia_girl - have a look at my previous posts on this page. Anything you want to know give a shout!
We are thinking of visiting Krakow in September/October this year.

Looking at the flights a Sunday - Wednesday stay would be the best from Belfast. Is this too long or just enough?

Any local celebrations in Sep/Oct that should be avoided due to places being closed etc?

Whats the weather like then? and is the airport far from the centre?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks! :wave:
We also have a Krakow topic in our City Breaks forum HERE

luci :wave
Hi Jaimec,

We went to Krakow last month for 3 nights and found it to be long enough. The city is lovely, i would suggest finding out about some of the history before you go though as we didn't and i think we would have found a lot more things of interest if we knew!!

Depending what airport your flying into? We flew with Ryanair into John Paul II airport. There's a short walk or free shuttle to the train station and the train takes 15 minutes to get into the city centre. It costs 6zl each and you pay on the train (except returning to the airport make sure you buy your ticket at the office first). The times are very efficient and will turn up at the time stated on the timetable. They also leave dead on time!! So if your looking to go anywhere on the train make sure you leave yourself enough time!!

C
There are really many hotels and hostels in Cracow.
Two years ago I stayed 5days at Kazimierz Hotel at Miodowa Street;
I found it and booked by World Hotel Reservations.
The hotel is located near old jewish quarter, 5 minutes from Wawel and 15 minutes from Main Square. Hotel is very comfortable, clean, offer good breakfasts.
My friends stayed at Wentzl Hotel placed on Main Square. They said there was a fantastic view from most rooms.
OK. need advice... strange, but am organising a stag weekend... destination Krakow, 18 persons....

timing, end of June/early July...

Can anyone recommend accomodation? - centrally placed, stag night (weekend) friendly.. doesnt have to be too flashy, but a bit more than a hostel...

Any ideas??
Last month we came on holiday to Krakow. For a long time we could not find an apartment at a favorable price for our stay. A friend recommended us a trusted real estate agent in Krakow. Thanks to this agency, we managed to find the perfect apartment in the center at a reasonable price. We highly reccomend!
Last year I was on vacation in Silesia and I had the same problem. Fortunately, thanks to my friend, I was able to find a website with flats for rent in Krakow. Where I was able to find affordable apartments.
I can't wait to go to Krakow :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.