EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
How long do you normally stay on each visit and where is your holiday home? Most annual insurers will only ever cover you for trips lasting no more than 30 days each so eg if you normally escape to it for the whole of the winter then that could be why you are experiencing problems in obtaining cover. Depending on where your holiday home is, it might be easier to arrange cover locally rather than through a UK insurer.

SM
Hi Cicekler ... while you wait for feedback here from fellow owners abroad, it may be worth repeating your enquiry in the TRAVEL INSURANCE Q&As topic in General Holiday Enquiries, so as to reach a wider audience.

David :wave
In the end, I looked at recommended insurers here and decided to try InsureandGo. Have taken out Annual policy for couple with up to 45 days per trip at £85.68. Received policy documents today and all seems OK. Have also read in some post here that InsureandGo is good to deal with. So, roll on the next trip.

David, thanks for reply. I never got to post message in General Holiday Enquiries as I needed to get the policy on same day (day before hubby's 66 birthday). We'll have to see what next year brings - hopefully not the nearly £400 that Columbus wanted this year.

SMa, thanks for reply. We have a house in France and most trips are about 3-4 weeks. I also go to Sweden for same length of time now and again.
I have personal experience of using Insure & Go for a medical claim - they were brilliant. My partner was taken ill in Turkey last year and they were very efficient - paid for the hospital stay and treatment in Turkey and then for a flight to get us back home, all without problem.

Jak xx
We use InsureandGo. We first went to them when I was a newly post op thyroid Cancer patient and everyone was quoting sky high premiums because I was less than a year from diagnosis.They cover all our pre existings for a small premium ontop and are quite reasonable pricewise. I haven't had to make a claim so can't comment on their efficiency in that but have renewed with them for our next hoiliday.
On 1st May 2012 at 12:21pm, Cicekler said:
Can anyone give advice where I can get annual multi-trip insurance when we have a holiday home abroad. Saga will not do it. We are 65 and 64. Columbus which we were with last year have increased our premium by 4x. MoneySupermarket would not even quote. We have not had any hospital admissions in the last year and no claims for many years.

Cicekler
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.